• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MonsterVerse Tiering Issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he does not reply, somebody should leave a request on his message wall.

I dont quite get why the less notable monsters have profiles at all tbh. These are monsters that had less than a minute of screentime and all they did was walk

I do think they're notable enough to warrant a profile, while they don't have a lot of screen time, the time that they get portrays them as a somewhat credible threat, and it's a big deal when they wake up.

However, there's titans who don't have any screen time, who are simply implied to exist somewhere in verse that we haven't seen at all. I don't think these should have profiles. These are Mokele and Kraken

They could show up. But currently we haven't actually seen them at all. So they should be deleted until then.

Yeah honestly i think the minor ones should just be deleted for the time being until they get actual feats

Hmm. That seems rather drastic. Are there any other suggestions here?

I am personally fine with removing the Titans who got no screen time, we know absolutely nothing about them. These are Kraken and Mokele-Mbembe, but I believe the other minor Kaiju who actually appeared in the movie should stay.

Apex_PredatorX and Hellbeast Agree with "Likely 6-B"

Cropfist believes that all minor kaiju in the verse should be downgraded to the current scale, including the likes of Dagon

Weekly believes that the minor kaiju should be deleted altogether.

Last edited:
Downgrade to what? The earthquake feat?

Both Mothra and Ghidorah have feats putting them much higher than that.

No

I mean we should downgrade them to something closer to Ghidorah’s feat while supplementing that rating with Mothra’s casual 7-A feat, Rodan’s volcano and potentially that Earthquake MUTO Prime caused

IT assumes Godzilla was hit by the whole thing and doesn’t acknowledge that knocked him the hell out for god knows how long

So while it’s not a kill its More of a limitation rather then something that should be seriously used to set his tier

I recall a few people had a problem with the Meteor calc, as it did not show Godzilla getting directly hit by the meteor iirc, and he could've been any distance away from the actual impact point, we just know he was somewhere near the blast.
Like Hellbeast said it also knocked him out so top that on too.

So at least 7-A, likely higher? Seeing as he did survive it but was knocked out
I was more thinking High 6-C flat out

Ghidroah’s feat is in that range and it’s plausible to survive a country level
Boom from a distance with that durability

The 7-A is just support since we know Goji is way stronger then Rodan and Mothra

Did Mothra or Rodan do any major damage to the stronger kaiju? Couldn't we have weaker kaiju scale to Mothras calc and stronger scale to Ghidorahs?

Just out of curiosity has anyone calced mothra dispersing the storm from right before the final.battle?

Just out of curiosity has anyone calced mothra dispersing the storm from right before the final.battle?
Do you mean the God Rays?

If so it’s 7-A

Did Mothra or Rodan do any major damage to the stronger kaiju? Couldn't we have weaker kaiju scale to Mothras calc and stronger scale to Ghidorahs?
To my knowledge no

They got pretty easily stomped but idk if everyone scales to them

MUTO s Prime might be good tho

I'm just saying as a lowball. Differentiating the power levels could help with scaling other weaker kaiju in the verse, as there's Titans who clearly aren't on Goji's level, so giving them a lowball 7-A could work.

So have you reached any conclusions here?

The current discussion is how the tier of the verse will change.
I believe everyone is fine with downgrading the 6-B Titans as no one has argued against it.
If the downgrade is accepted then the stronger titans will go to High 6-C based on this calc, and weaker titans will go down to 7-A based on this one. Minor titans such as those described in the OP will also go down to Likely 7-A since they have no feats putting them any higher than Mothra, but should at least be comparable.
The Kraken and Mokele-Mbembe should likely be deleted as they didn't appear at all in the movie, and are simply implied to exist in the novel.
I believe that's it up until now.

Okay. Thank you for the summary. That seems fine to me.

Does anyone have anything else they'd like to add? I think the conclusions are pretty much final at this point. No one seems to disagree.

Ok thanks for commenting.

I will wait for more confirmation from everyone and if everyone agrees am I ok to apply the changes?

I think that should probably be fine, yes.

It seems no one has anything to argue against this. Am I ok to make the changes now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back