• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MonsterVerse Tiering Issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has been accepted above can probably be applied.

Ok, thanks.

Edit: Actually before I start the edits, I think we should agree where to draw the line between titans. What titans should be in which tier and all.

Ok, thanks.

Edit: Actually before I start the edits, I think we should agree where to draw the line between titans. What titans should be in which tier and all.
Obviously Godzilla and Ghidorah are High 6-C, Mothra and Rodan probably not but they're like the next best thing at the time so....

I do think they're notable enough to warrant a profile, while they don't have a lot of screen time, the time that they get portrays them as a somewhat credible threat, and it's a big deal when they wake up.

However, there's titans who don't have any screen time, who are simply implied to exist somewhere in verse that we haven't seen at all. I don't think these should have profiles. These are Mokele and Kraken
They have profiles because:

Mokele destroyed civilizations

Kraken destroyed an at least building size contaiment building bigger than him

Seriously guys .... read the the novels before do something wrong.

Also I wanna propose an upgrade to Godzilla and all who scale from him cause they survived Oxygen Destroyer.

1) Oh yes, the Asteroid that knocks out someone an unquantifiable distance away from it

2) Funny because I recall the same feat got High 6-C

3) Unquantifiable. Mass Extinctions can be over time and from numerous things such as impact from a lack of food sources after the cataclysm

4) Yeah that could be calculated but it's not a very specific wording and even then the average storm is 7-B by our ratings but could be far lower so the number of storms doesn't matter so much as the size of those storms matter

5) Yeah no. Unless you're implying 6-B US miitary this is just an outright hyperbole and it's hilarious you chose to use this

So yeah there is issue with them being 6-B

It didn't do anything to him. What are you talking about?

No it didn't. That was a smaller image of the storm.

Not really when it stated it did it WITH THE STORM and WHEN HE CAME

That's fair I will admit.

It's stated to be from the entire Northern Hemisphere, for one. Two, considering the Oxygen Destroyer was also used, and for some bizarre ass reason the plot involves humanity wanting to kill off the kaiju (which nukes can't do in canon) I don't see why it's hyperbolic.

No issues with country unless you want to be dumb on purpose.

Last edited:
The meteor impact was an unknown distance away from Godzilla when it hit, and it did only knock him out.

Ghidorah's storm feat got High 6-C for the low end, and the high end was 6-B

I don't believe the mass extinction is a valid point here, as Hellbeast said, mass extinctions can be anything. But if you're claiming it's the storm that caused it, then you've already brought up the storm so this is just a new way to say the same thing

The whole point of the movie was that Kaiju are waking up and there's not much humanity can do about it. Titans are far above anything that humanity has, even the Argo only briefly staggered kaiju, not really bothering them tbh. I don't see why it's 6-B in the first place.

But yeah, even without the meteor calc, Ghidorah does still have a 6-B calc that we need to discuss.

The meteor impact was an unknown distance away from Godzilla when it hit, and it did only knock him out.

Ghidorah's storm feat got High 6-C for the low end, and the high end was 6-B

I don't believe the mass extinction is a valid point here, as Hellbeast said, mass extinctions can be anything. But if you're claiming it's the storm that caused it, then you've already brought up the storm so this is just a new way to say the same thing

The whole point of the movie was that Kaiju are waking up and there's not much humanity can do about it. Titans are far above anything that humanity has, even the Argo only briefly staggered kaiju, not really bothering them tbh. I don't see why it's 6-B in the first place.

But yeah, even without the meteor calc, Ghidorah does still have a 6-B calc that we need to discuss.
Which is the problem with the 6-B calc?

Many people disagree with the meteor calc as Goji was an unquantifiable distance away.

Ghidorah's 6-B calc seems fine.

It didn't hurt him at all, though it did land some distance away (or maybe that was Shinomura's body, hard to tell). He literally is shown STANDING just fine and then diving into the sea.

Ghidorah's storm feat has a high end turning out at 6-B, so we need to discuss how that will be applied. Likely just in the place of the High 6-C value we were using.
So Stronger Monsters = 6-B, and weaker monsters = 7-A.

Currently i'm thinking perhaps only top tiers should scale to the 6-B calc, it was caused by Ghidorah, who was superior to Godzilla until he got the Nuke Amp, so i'm thinking base Goji should scale to the High 6-C end of Ghidorah's storm maybe? Ghidorah was clearly not at his full potential when he woke up, and still almost killed Godzilla, so base Godzilla would logically scale to Ghidorahs weaker side. If this gets accepted we'd have a good layout of the levels of power in the verse, the tiering would go something like this:

Ghidorah & Godzilla (Amped) - 6-B
Godzilla (Base) and those who scale (Mutos, etc) - At least High 6-C
Weaker and Minor kaiju (Mothra, Behemoth, Dagon, etc) - 7-A (Minor kaiju will be Likely 7-A)

Ghidorah's storm feat has a high end turning out at 6-B, so we need to discuss how that will be applied. Likely just in the place of the High 6-C value we were using.
So Stronger Monsters = 6-B, and weaker monsters = 7-A.

Currently i'm thinking perhaps only top tiers should scale to the 6-B calc, it was caused by Ghidorah, who was superior to Godzilla until he got the Nuke Amp, so i'm thinking base Goji should scale to the High 6-C end of Ghidorah's storm maybe? Ghidorah was clearly not at his full potential when he woke up, and still almost killed Godzilla, so base Godzilla would logically scale to Ghidorahs weaker side. If this gets accepted we'd have a good layout of the levels of power in the verse, the tiering would go something like this:

Ghidorah & Godzilla (Amped) - 6-B
Godzilla (Base) and those who scale (Mutos, etc) - At least High 6-C
Weaker and Minor kaiju (Mothra, Behemoth, Dagon, etc) - 7-A (Minor kaiju will be Likely 7-A)
Actually it was confirmed Godzilla fought King Ghidorah in the past, Godzilla won and Ghidorah got frozen.

Aight. So High 6-C is no use then. So we got:

Base Godzilla and those who scale - 6-B
Weaker, Minor kaiju - 7-A

Okay. The suggestions seem to have been accepted then.

Is somebody willing to apply what has been accepted?

Also, please remember to carefully read through and follow the instructions in our Common Editing Mistakes page, so no badly structured edits are made, and extensive cleanup work will not be necessary.

If you change the statistics for any characters, also remember to update the tier categories at the bottoms of the profile pages.

The edits have been made, most of them were already in tier 7 so no categories had to be changed, if no one wishes to add anything I believe this thread can be closed yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back