• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter low tiers downgrade

Can somebody summarise what we currently need to do here in an easy to understand manner please?

Agreed upon stuff:

- The absolute bottom-tier big monsters get downgraded. While this classification is somewhat murky, for sure this applies to Great Jagras and similar monsters (I'd rather someone who has played all the games actually list these, since I'm not familiar with a decent swathe of the pages we have).

- All pages with a 9-A key need downgraded- preferably feats need to be brought forth and calcs need done for those. Theoretically they'll be moved to 9-B, since it is currently agreed that the 9-A feat is an outlier and not really usable as a result (ignoring other reservations about using it).

I think that's it in regards to action that needs taking right now.

Thank you. That is probably fine to apply then.

I'm also not too sure on every monster this would scale to, since I'm not familiar with every profile we have here and their level relative to Barroth.

yeah turns out having a fuckload of games kinda biffs up stuff like this

Agreed.
From what I can gather, the likes of Great Jagras and all Bird Wyverns would fall into this level. ShiroyashaGinSan created a vast majority of the pages, but is no longer active so I'm not sure what can be done here. Unless there's others who would be able to help. I can ask some supporters to comment here if we wish.

Okay. Thank you. Since you are a staff member, I think that you can use our notifications function in this forum though.

I just want to say I’m sorry for not commenting here for a long while. I had exams and I’m going to have more exams next week. I’ll be completely free afterwards

Bump.

It does not seem like anyone really knows the full scope of who will have this applied. Which is a problem. Should we just apply it to those that we know for certain would change? These would be the likes of Great Jagras, Bird Wyverns, and a few others I believe have been mentioned on here.
The 9-A changes to 9-B are simple enough since they're separated by a tier so differentiating them is easy.

Wroggi, Baggi, velocidrome, Gendrome?? A vast majority of the Bird Wyverns , with the exception of Yian Garuga, probably fall under this category.

Bulldrome definitely. Maybe Khezu?

Hey so it's been a while for me and I've not been on this site for a while mostly because of college work, so could someone summarize for me which monsters specifically are gonna be revised?

Yup!
The Tier 9s are getting downgraded to 9-B (I'm still yet to apply this)

Any High 8-C who scales below Barroth will downscale to 8-C, since Barroth's calc is very nearly baseline. (So far this has been applied to the Bird Wyverns, Bulldrome. Pukei Pukei, Great Jagras, and Girros afaik). We're unsure if there's any other monsters who would need to be downgraded.

Great Ludroth might also be viable for downgrade? Also i find it weird that the Ludroth profile doesn't have Royal and Purple Ludroth pictures in it, yet has Keys for both lol

But yeah sorry for being super late to this thread. I don't really know if my input is gonna be all that helpful considering it looks like things have already been decided

Lol, no need to worry! Thanks for helping out!
There aren't any great Purple Ludroth renders online, but I can get a Royal Ludroth image on the profile when I make the changes.

Back