• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monogatari, 9-A to 9-A+, And ESP/NPI Ability Addition

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
I just realized that Meme Oshino scales to Kizu Araragi via Episode, who is 9-A+ from a 10x multiplier on Kanbaru's 9-A feat, meaning that he should be 9-A+ too.

This also upgrades a lot of the rest of the cast:

• Black Hanekawa scales by damaging Meme, Kako scales by being stronger than Black Hanekawa.
  • Shinobu Oshino scales by being comparable to Black Hanekawa in fights.
  • Nadeko Sengoku scales by damaging Shinobu greatly.
  • Yotsugi Ononoki scales by one-shotting an aberration that Shinobu and Black Hanekawa struggled with.
  • Yozuru Kagenui scales by having beaten Ononoki in a fight.
In short, now 9-A would only exist in base Koyomi's durability, and on a Kanbaru profile if that ever gets made.

In other news, in Oni it's stated that Araragi can only see Mayoi because he's an aberratio. Meaning that all aberrations should get Extrasensory Perception for being able to see ghosts. Considering that Araragi can also touch Mayoi, all aberrations should get Non-Physical Interaction too. The notable exceptions to this generalization being, base Tsubasa Hanekawa shouldn't get these, she sees Mayoi since she doesn't want to return home. And Izuko Gae should get these, since she was able to see and talk to Mayoi in Oni.

Oh yeah, shouldn't vampires get Type 7 immortality? They are called undead aberations multiple times through the series.

I dunno, I don't think they're said to be unable to die because they're undead. In fact, the only reason death inducement doesn't work is because they can regenerate out of it.

But I don't really understand our standards on giving type 7 immortality.

Well this seem correct at the first glance, (i have not enough time to review everything correctly but i'll check this once again later)

Also, Kanbaru's feat from the manga should give good result if it can be used (funnly enough, i've read the last updated manga yesterday)

The manga is so different in so many respects that I don't think it can be treated as canon.

It could have its own pages, but I think that'd violate the alternative canon rules.

I might put profiles for it on fc/oc wiki, when I get around to reading it.

Bump, does this seem good to apply?

Should The Darkness have NPI too since it could have EE'd Mayoi? I'd feel like giving it ESP would be weird since it's a mindless entity that doesn't really perceive things...

Other than my question about The Darkness, all changes have been applied.

Yeah that might be better, I'll add that to its EE explanation.

Agnaa said:
Should The Darkness have NPI too since it could have EE'd Mayoi? I'd feel like giving it ESP would be weird since it's a mindless entity that doesn't really perceive things...
Even though mindless it does display ESP.....I think, afterall it does appear whenever aberrations don't follow the rules.

Alright, I've added it.

Back