• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Fight ends when one of them dies"

If Monika can't win using Mind Manipulation, then they just keep fighting forever.

Unless Monika doesn't have a back up of her file.

inconclusive...I just....I can't wrap my head around the winner circle...it's us...they'd most likely just keep going for eternity if Munikeh's Mind Manip doesn't work on Smol Death Child.

chara gets plot manipulated into submission and stays catatonic for all of eternity, mo nika decides to talk with them, chara offers to create endless timlines if shesells her soul and they fuse, thus becoming a 2b monika with type 8 immortality and embodying rpg game main points

Speed equalized, Chara would erase Monika before she has time to back herself up, mind hax, or erase Chara. Chara erases everything through slicing with her Real Knife. Monika has to type commands in a terminal (due to DDLC's lack of animations, we can't say whether she manually types it with an imaginary keyboard or mentally, but there is still a "typing speed" displayed). Chara would destroy the universe before Chara has time to type os.remove("characters/Chara.chr")

Happyfrozenfire said:
Speed equalized, Chara would erase Monika before she has time to back herself up, mind hax, or erase Chara. Chara erases everything through slicing with her Real Knife. Monika has to type commands in a terminal (due to DDLC's lack of animations, we can't say whether she manually types it with an imaginary keyboard or mentally, but there is still a "typing speed" displayed). Chara would destroy the universe before Chara has time to type os.remove("characters/Chara.chr")
monika survived being erased and monikas plot manipulation works via thought, as the only typing speed is erasure

and chara also likesto talk

Can you prove that monika's plot manipulation works via thought? In pretty much all of her 4th wall bending abilities that we see her use while onscreen (or while her presence is nearby), she types a command in a terminal.

Monika did survive being erased, but the fact that she experienced extreme pain as a reaction to nonexistence is an indicator if anything that she cannot survive it for very long. If Chara were to erase her, she could have time to try to erase Chara back, but Chara would likely just... chill out and monologue.

As you stated, Chara likes talking. This could potentially give Monika enough time to attempt Plot Control on Chara, but keep in mind... The dialogue of DDLC is canonically a script that remains set in stone unless ****** with. None of the characters in DDLC, with the exception of Monika, are "real" according to Monika herself. All she had to do was edit a few lines of code to change what they'd say or their personality traits. Chara, on the other hand, is not from the DDLC universe and is not canonically just a script, so we can assume that she *is* real, and due to the way Monika's Plot Manipulation works, she wouldn't be able to Mindhax Chara.

In the end, it does come down to them both erasing each other. Chara can survive nonexistence indefinitely, and Monika has no way to conceivably take her out. Chara, on the other hand, can erase her and the whole universe. If Monika backs up her file, Chara can just erase her again and again and again while incorporeal until Monika decides that the painful sentience she's forced to suffer through isn't worth it, accepts her fate, and doesn't back up her file.

Also, they're both in character. Monika decided, in character, that her existence amounts to nothing more than pain and suffering before deleting everything (and accepting her death) at the end of DDLC. It wouldn't be out of character for her to do so here, and imo, Monika giving up is inevitable.

I am not sure that being an abstract concept grants you resistance to hax. I even made a thread about this, but not many people replied.

If you're an abstract conceptual being, people need conceptual powers to affect you.

Don't think Monika has those.

Sorry to all those Chara fans (and also me. I want Chara to win) but Monika wins this one. This is how the battle goes in my opinion;

Monika and Chara start to battle. Chara swings her knife at Monika, but Monika easily dodges and attempts to erase Chara. Chara was able to resist this long enough to swing a knife at Monika, forcing her to duck and the Monika's attack was broken. Chara slashes at Monika multiple times, with Monika dodging most of them but getting hit once or twice. Monika quickly uses data manipulation and searches for a weapon and found a 'Gaster Blaster'. She summons it and blasts Chara to death. Monika smiles, but quickly frowns when she saw Chara. Chara smiled and attacked, only to be blasted again. And they came back agai. And again. Again. Monika quickly realizes this was the power of determination. She then uses plot manipulation so that Chara wouldn't steal Frisk's determination. Chara feels something is wrong and was able to confirm their worst fears when Monika smiles creepily. Then, without warning, Monika jumps forward and erases Chara. She walks off like it's a typical day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back