• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't need to make one of my more detailed votes considering there isn't much to discuss but I'll still give my thoughts.

Attack Potency

Not sure what the scaling chain is like for Moltres but for this vote I'm just going to assume they are around the same.

Stamina

Not sure how long Moltres can fight for but pretty sure it's likely higher than Tucker’s given how crazy Pokémon is. Though Tucker can run for long periods of time and was with Danny for his whole 24 hour ghost chase/fighting and he also went on the 3 day trip with little food or rest. Either way, this fight won't last long so if Tucker did have the stamina advantage it wouldn't really matter.

Intelligence/Skill

In terms of Intelligence, Tucker would win when it comes to planning, building something or when it involves technology. However he's not really skilled in combat, sure he's capable of using all the weapons the Fenton's have proficiently but that's about it.

When it comes to battle, Pokémon seem quite capable so Moltres should take this area because he's good at were it counts and that's battling. Now if Tucker was Maddie or Valerie then he'd be fine since the female ghost hunters all can fight for some reason...

Finally, Tucker can handle being around Danny's more human villains but when it comes to the more monster like ghosts who attack relentlessly and don't speak, he runs in fear. So I'm pretty sure a giant flaming chicken might cause him to lose his cool to some degree.

Abilities

This is were it really matters and Tucker just doesn't stack up. While he has all his gear, most of it only works on ghosts/spirits. So things like Sealing, BFR, Matter Manipulation and Power Nullification are out. Now don't get me wrong energy blasters still are effective and will allow him to shoot back, Ghost Gloves still amplify his physical strength and he also has the Jack o Ninetails which shots cables that electric what they touch which would be super effective against Moltres since it's a flying type.

However that's about were it ends, moltres has Pressure so Tucker’s stamina will fall twice as fast, or if it's Flame Body he will get burned if physical touched it, both of which are bad so it doesn't matter. It's attacks have much higher range with things like Hurricane and it can use Sunny Day to amp its fire moves which all have decent range themselves and could burn him.

Add in things like the ability to fly, Agility to boost his speed, Leer to lower Tucker’s defense, Roost to recover if damaged and Endure just in case Tucker manages to almost defeat it which is unlikely. Will all of this, the fire bird has a solid lead in versatility.

My Vote

With everything I've said above my overall standing is the same. Moltres wins fairly easy, I wouldn't say it stomps.

While speed is equalized and I assume they are at least somewhat comparable in strength, Tucker is simply fighting a losing battle. Yes, he can fight back with energy weapons, and can go for hours and probably even a whole day in a continuous battle plus is smart, but with Moltres having the flight advantage and a much more effective arsenal with the range advantage, healing and some state amp/reduction, Tucker won't last forever and would be just a matter of time before he's either roasted alive or blown away by a hurricane.

So yeah, the flaming chicken kills the nerd.

Unequalized speed makes the match closer but I still think Moltres takes it.

Tucker’s speed is for his combat and reaction speed so he'll have a easy time dodge the fire birds attacks but only things like Ember and Flamethrower. Things like Heatwave and Hurricane have a large area of effect so it can catch Tucker with one of those.

Since Moltres can fly and keep it's distance above Tucker cannot uses that combat speed to fight it since he can't reach it unless comes down which I doubt once it sees how fast Tucker is. All it really needs to worry about is the energy beams and with enough distance it should be capable of dodging them and even if it couldn't it's not like Tucker or his weapons are far beyond Moltres so it can take the hits.

Tie this in with Roost to heal itself, agility to speed itself up to give it better chance at dodge the lasers, and finally superior range with Heatwave and Hurricane. I still see Moltres with a higher chance than Tucker. With his speed advantage he definitely stands a much better chance but pressure would still make him tired faster and I almost forgot Moltres lowers the accuracy of incoming attacks by 10% via Bright Powder so that helps with dodging lasers.

So yeah, my vote hasn't changed. Tucker stands more of a chance thanks to his higher speed but in the end he wouldn't be able to overcome Moltres given it's abilities.

Back