• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Molecule Man(Beyonders) Speed Upgrade

Well, the problem is that the Beyonders were very explicitly stated to be linear beings, whereas immeasurable means transcending linear time.

Antvasima said:
Well, the problem is that the Beyonders were very explicitly ststed to be linear beings, whereas immeasurable means transcending linear time.
they have a 4-B key for a reason.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think that moving linearly on a higher dimensional time axis disprove the possibility of being immeasurable. Immeasurable only require to transcend linear time, while higher dimensional time is beyond that.

Yes, but the story explicitly stated that their one weakness is that they are linear beings. It is what allowed Doctor Doom to travel through time and prepare a defence against them, without them being able to do anything about it.

Again, Marvel does not make any sense, but we have to try to follow what has been explicitly stated.

Molecule Man is a diffferent idea. He isnt stated to be linear and he also is stated to be superior to TLT.

@Antvasima

I am sorry, you can't ignore their feats and go by their description. They are clearly not linear or else they wouldn't have speeds comparable to Infinite-Dimensional beings.

Well, the entire point of the story was that they are linear. And infinite spatial dimensions technically does not automatically mean greater speed.

Being 5D in Marvel would already make you Immeasurable by default cause you'd be beyond infinite parallel universes. Please Ant, don't apply standards to Marvel that we don't apply to any fictional verse in the world.

Yes, but they are comparable to TLT, who encompasses and transcends linear time

The entire point about the Beyonders is that they are "Beyond" stuff. They are beyond the universe, beyond the multiverse, beyond The Living Tribunal's authority. Under the cosmology established in the stories, they are the most powerful thing there is except TOAA and Oblivion (Who writers forget exist).

The Beyonders being linear frankly makes no sense when even Ascended Cosmic Cubes display characteristics to ignore linear time.

Well, I agree that it makes no sense. It is just that this was the main point of their storyline. Still, I suppose that you can change back their speed statistic then. Just remember to include a footnote explanation for why we ignore that they were stated to be linear.

I suppose so. It still needs to be explained in their profile page however.

Back