• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@David I mean, if you want to get technical Souls probably don't even exist in Medaka Box. But this wiki assumes existence erasure includes souls and the soul issue has never really been brought to the for front regardless

That is probably true, but this wiki hasn't exactly addressed that yet. Ninja'd lol. Either way, existence erasure is assumed to include mind, soul, and body

"Most characters have not the full range of the ability, for example only being able to erase a target's matter and energy, but not its mind, soul, concept, etc."

Yeah, but Kumagawa's All Fiction is retroactive so it would include those things with the exception of concept. Note that retroactive erasure usually includes all levels except hyper specific ones. Also, if we assume that the characters in Medaka Box don't have souls then soul based attacks with the exception of something like Pucci's soul hax wouldn't effect them

Your going to have to prove All Fiction can interact with some new concept that didn't exist before in order for it to interact with it.

Retroactive erase says that you were never born. Unless you want to get into a philosophical debate, on the nature of souls. Never having existed would also assume that your soul never existed or at least that it never entered your body to begin with.

Either way, his soul daggers wouldn't work anyway because she, at least for all purposes, has no soul to be effected.

It seems kinda silly to give her a soul but also not count the EE as doing that because the verse never specified. Also the retroactive part means that even if the attack killed her, erasing it would just undo that.

When I say that Medaka Box does not have souls, I am not saying that they merely do not talk about them, I am saying that souls do not exist. The closest thing to an after life is the room that ajimu generates, but that is not for the soul. Resurrection is impossible outside of making it so they never died, and conciousness/mentality is almost exclusively tied to the brain. Medaka Box is not an agnostic verse, it denys the spiritual completely

If they express a lack of souls being a thing in verse, verse equalization doesn't take over there.

Wokistan said:
If they express a lack of souls being a thing in verse, verse equalization doesn't take over there.
It's more of they lack the concept in the whole verse, which is where verse equalization comes.

If its a verse that outright denies spirituality I don't think verse equalization comes in there.

I am probably gonna make a thread on Medaka Box and Spirituality, just so this is all on paper. I will also address how Medaka Box treats mind hax as well. This stuff has been floating around in discussion but it's probably worth properly seeing how wiki policy will address this

@Wokistan There are verses that 100 precent don't have stuff that the other do and vice versa and it gets "verse equalized". Which gives the person the "exclusive energy" that's suppose to be in everyone in the opponents verse that the former doesn't have.

@lapitus The lmpaler

Yeah probably for the best

@Huesito

the difference between something like Medaka Box not having something like Chakra or Haki, and Medaka Box not having souls, is that Medaka Box has denied the existence of any such thing. It changes the cosmology to a great degree if they do have souls. Its like when Kumagawa erased his aura. Sure, Aura is medaka box functions very differently from how it does in other shows, but how would you treat Kumagawa when you try to equalise one verse's concept of Ki with Medaka Box. Would Genjutsu work on Kumagawa since he has in essences erased the chakra from his body?

Souls are a similar problem, but on a verse wide scale

Special energies and stuff are only supposed to be equalized if there's some equivalent energy, not to absolutely everyone. We had a thread on this, I can find it but it may take a little while.

"Special energies and stuff are only supposed to be equalized if there's some equivalent energy"

That's different I'm not talking about how one ability will work on another if the energy that both verse uses are similar enough to be assumed to work on the other, I'm talking about something different.

That vote is way to vague for me to count

Listing off abilities alone isn't a valid vote. Same reason I didn't count Davids at first

Back