• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mob Psycho— Speed Revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My previous reasoning and arguments can be found here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:4620285
Original calc, here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:USklaverei/Shigeo_Kageyama_reacting_to_lightning

To be brief: Mob is currently listed as sub-relativistic for a feat in which he DID NOT REACT to the attacks that are currently making him sub-relativistic. People have seem to have misunderstood and misinterpreted the scene in question, and don’t understand that Mob does not need to react to certain attacks like lightning, because an aura protects him at all times: you can find me explaining that in the first link.

While Mob WOULD be sub-rela by that calc if he actually reacted to the lightning, he did not, so the calc is simply invalid to use. He should be downgraded to high hypersonic at the most, or wherever is applicable.

Alrighty. ^^ hopefully, anyone who disagrees will appear soon. I’m certain there’s at least one, since there was someone stonewalling me and insuring the feat was 100% applicable in the Mob Psycho 1% Discussion thread no matter what.

If he gets downgraded, where does he get downgraded to?

Anyway, this seems to make sense to me, but I am not the best person to ask.

As iffy of what their future speeds will be, though as well in agreement with the downgrade.

Look how they massacred my boy
I agree with the downgrades.
About speed, they would upscale from at least subsonic+ from shimazaki, unless 100% crossing 20km in a short timeframe yields something higher than that.
They can also put up barriers in reaction to Tk explosions sometimes, so that might give them an upgrade in reaction speed.

Can I have a source for “put up barriers in reaction to TK explosions”? I only remember that in one scene with Teru, but that can easily be explained away by his psychic armour or him simply dodging/blocking it right BEFORE the attack was started.

It's from my hazy memory of the anime fight between Teru and Ryo, i might be wrong, since it's been 4 years.

To list possible speed feats we can debate for the verse, stuff i can remember directly are.
1. Mob at 100% catching on fire when he descends with Telekinetic spiral arm guy (don't recall the chapter, but it might be anime only)
2. Mob crossing the 20km towards the espers (might need anime timeframe)
3. Chapter 78 page 7 where The explosion guy tries to explode Teruki
4. Chapter 82 where Teruki uses TK explosion on Ryo

Wait. Mob is listed as “massively hypersonic” for “blitzing two espers from 20km away”, and it links to this:

I propose this should be removed as invalid just like the lightning feat. Mob did not blitz them, because the espers did not even know he was coming nor even knew he existed. I don’t know where the “20km” number comes from, but it’s irrelevant because we don’t actually know the timeframe, and we don’t know if there was a timeskip.

Mob did not blitz them regardless: Mob simply dropped down in front of them after flying above them. They did not know he was coming nor could they sense him coming.

The 20 km number comes from the previous chapter where Mob states he could feel 2 powerful signatures around 20 km away.
We can't say he blitzed them, much less that he blitzed them from 20 km away (because that implies he flew that distance in blitz speed.)
In the anime we are given a 7 seconds timeframe for that, and we typically use anime when the timeframe is vague in the manga.
But i definitely agree it should be reworded.

Ah. Seems to make sense.

Theres this guy im debating with on YouTube that insists the former “Mob reacts to lightning” calc is completely still valid, but he refuses to come on this thread to debate and defend it, even if I link him the thread. It just saddens me.

It truly is, it’s just funny seeing how much one will twist themselves into a pretzel trying to avoid your arguments and defending what is essentially their own headcanon.

The same guy thinks Ryo Shimakazi is a disaster level Dragon, so...

Yeah, debating in YouTube comments is like debating against a wall.

Actually no, that wall will still have more respect for you than the people in YouTube. Powerscaling in YouTube is just absolutely terrible.

Also, unrelated.
But why does Ryo shimazaki have class 100 LS upscaling from Teruki when the latter only has class 25?
Is it related to his skyscraper collapsing feat?

I’ve accepted this, yes. Did so very early in the thread and there seems to have been some new developments, so I’ll just reiterate that I agree with Sekiro.

Okay. Thank you. I think that the others did as well, so this can probably be applied.

Okay. I would appreciate if one of the rest of you is willing to handle it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back