• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mob Psycho— removal of a feat that isn’t real.

Currently, Mob has “possibly multi-continental” for a feat that does not exist: destroying Mogami’s “world”. There are multiple reasons why this should not be taken as an actual reason for his stats.

1. The world isn’t real. It is an illusion world born of memories that exists within the soul of a little girl. Physics and logic simply does not operate the same here as in real life, for example:

Mob getting sent dozens of metres away by a punch directly to his body. He doesn’t even feel the pain, because it’s not actually real, just his spirit:

Mob losing an arm and being punched through and feeling no pain:

2. He, and characters comparable to him at 100%, shows NOTHING comparable to this level of destruction. Not even Toichiro’s explosion which was going to be lethal to Mob, despite him absorbing it— who should be able to absorb the same amount of energy as ??? can since they’re the same vessel. Despite this, Mob had to redirect the energy into broccoli to survive.

3. No one seems to use the actual manga for the feats so it’s not surprising this was overlooked: Mob straight up says EVERYTHING is made of spirit matter. Not real matter. Spirits. Ghost stuff.

It’s a psychic realm inside the body/spirit of a girl made of ghosts. It’s extremely faulty to try use it as a feat for the real world. It’s also unfair to use the anime version for these sorts of feats, which heavily exaggerates what actually happened and even REMOVES crucial information from the manga.

I don't really care that much one way or the other but hasn't this whole song-and-dance been done already? What new argument has been brought up?

I don't really care that much one way or the other but hasn't this whole song-and-dance been done already? What new argument has been brought up?
Does here have to be a new argument? It’s misinformation to have this as a feat on his profile, and it’s still there, which means it regards a content revision. It’s only really there JUST to upgrade the verse, even ignoring the context the manga gives, despite it being misinformation.

That said, Mob straight up saying the world is made of “spirit matter” has mostly been ignored, because people only use the anime where this line was altered or straight up removed. It’s nonsensical to have a profile list a stat that’s not in the real world. I also gave several examples where the logic of the spirit world doesn’t line up with the real world that most people ignore, since these scenes were changed or made harder to realise in the anime too.

Does here have to be a new argument? It’s misinformation to have this as a feat on his profile, and it’s still there, which means it regards a content revision. It’s only really there JUST to upgrade the verse, even ignoring the context the manga gives, despite it being misinformation.

That said, Mob straight up saying the world is made of “spirit matter” has mostly been ignored, because people only use the anime where this line was altered or straight up removed. It’s nonsensical to have a profile list a stat that’s not in the real world. I also gave several examples where the logic of the spirit world doesn’t line up with the real world that most people ignore, since these scenes were changed or made harder to realise in the anime too.
There should be, yeah. You can call it "misinformation/an upgrade for the sake of it" or whatever, perhaps it really is. Fundamentally, you're still expected to bring up something that wasn't already discussed in the initial upgrade thread.

But eh, it's been years since the original thread so I suppose looking it at it with new eyes would be good. I'll just wait and see if anything is brought up in defense. Neutral for now.

Back