• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MLP Upgrades

Now, I've motived how a couple profiles like Rainbow Dash or Applejack who only have Large Town Level, despite showing to be some of the most powerful ponies in their class. Why don't the top tiers of each pony tribe scale to the Alicorns? Unicorns have done this, and Rainbow Dash herself is physically superior to Twilight, at least in speed anyway.

Why do only Unicorns have this privilege, when another pony race has shown this exact thing? Who says only Unicorns can reach Alicorn levels of power? I vote for Top Tiers of the other two pony races get this same scaling.

Also MLP is gonna be upgraded to 4-B soon so maybe this is a good thread to discuss doing that to

I'm not really comfortable with scaling ponies to alicorns unless they're specifically supposed to be extremely powerful, like Alicorn Amulet Trixie. That said, I feel like High 7-C/Low 7-B is still a bit to low for them, but we need more feats to calculate before we can upgrade them.

4-B is already accepted and has been discussed quite a bit. I'll get to the upgrades today.

I think the only non unicorn ponies that are somewhat comparable to the Alicorns are the Pillars of Old Equestria members. But that's all speculation.

I can't think of other MLP feats that would upgrade the cast at the moment I guess there's Trixie's feat in Magic Duel but I don't think it would scale to non god tiers

I definitely wouldn't scale non-alicorns to alicorns without being explicitly shown or stated to be on that level (Sombra, for example). Especially since, even in the JotTS, Starswirl burns himself out by performing a Tier 5 feat on his own (which I'd actually forgotten about). The gap is definitely notable.

Yeah not a lot come to mind outside of Sombra,Alicorn Amulet Trixie and maybe the pillars of Equestria but the last one is just speculation

Doesn't JOTTS have a lot of retcons though? I haven't read it yet so I can't really give an opinion.

JotTS has been super retconned at a lot of points as of the end of this season, but it's also the reason Starswirl is currently scaled to where he is, in the first place. Probably need to do some tidying up, soon.

So we probably shouldn't use the struggling to perform a Tier 5 feat as an inconsistency (yet), though I'm not to sure if he has any feats/statements that would put him on alicorn levels yet either. Like I told Js, I'd rather wait til Legends of Magic picks up to make a profile for Starswirl. The way the comic is going, it's clear he's gonna have some feats eventually.

The Everlasting said:
As a guy who hasn't read JOTTS, what exactly does the finale retcon?
Pretty much everything regarding the Tree of Harmony, for starters. JotTS treats it as if Starswirl knowingly planted it, knew about what it would do in the future, and that it was initially linked to Tia and Luna. However, the show's finale now makes it so that Starswirl and the other Pillars (who didn't exist, at the time) had zero idea about the Tree growing into what it is as of the current time and that they were the ones linked to the original incarnations of the Elements.

Mainly some more stuff about Starswirl iirc, as the other characters who made up the majority of his background weren't part of the narrative when the journal was written.

Though iirc wasn't Starswirl already weakened when he tried to lower the moon? I think he already was moving the sun a lot at by that point by himself Partly because the rest of the ponies lost there magic doing so iirc

Yes. Though it was when he tried to do it by himself as opposed to with help that things went sour, since they were running a little low on (actual) horsepower.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Yes. Though it was when he tried to do it by himself as opposed to with help that things went sour, since they were running a little low on (actual) horsepower.
Pretty sure he'd have to Raise the Sun anyway. You can't exactly lower the moon, and not raise the Sun.

Also that sounds like two retcons. Can't be all bad.

I believe some stuff from the journal should be alright if it doesn't contradict anything like Luna being trained to move the Stars as a filly for example

Js250476 said:
I believe some stuff from the journal should be alright if it doesn't contradict anything like Luna being trained to move the Stars as a filly for example
Honestly I think only the parts that are contradicting should be retconed, the parts that aren't should stay as they are.

Darkanine said:
I'm not really comfortable with scaling ponies to alicorns unless they're specifically supposed to be extremely powerful, like Alicorn Amulet Trixie. That said, I feel like High 7-C/Low 7-B is still a bit to low for them, but we need more feats to calculate before we can upgrade them.
4-B is already accepted and has been discussed quite a bit. I'll get to the upgrades today.
4-B MLP confirmed?? Well then...

It's been performed.

I guess we should discuss whether or not we should upgrade the main cast to Small City level based off the Rarity feat.

And we should probably do something about the speeds. They're all over the place. I think the main cast should get Relativistic combat sped scaling off of Dash for being able to keep up with enemies Dash fought.

Oops, yeah and her.

Still leaves question for the speeds.

Also a few EQ characters have Island level Durability for some reason. What do I make of that?

Wasn't the Island Lvl durability from originally when the main cast was still Island lvl from the season 6 finale calc?

Peter1129 said:
Wasn't the Island Lvl durability from originally when the main cast was still Island lvl from the season 6 finale calc?
I think it's from a string of power-scaling from the old ratings (Mountain level Celestia, what days those were). I guess they should get bumped to Solar System level?

@Dark

The Island level was from when middle tiers were scaled to the hive exploding, iirc. Should probably become whatever the mane 6 do.

Aren't the EQG characters far weaker than the main show because they use leftover magic? At least I think that was why they were downgraded from tier 4.

Back