• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mister Satan vs Kingler

I think Mister Satan wins due to being a far better fighter, and having much better stamina.

I'm not confident in Kingler during this match.

While it has great AP, it's only in one claw. However, that 10,000 Horsepower claw is as much a drawback as an advantage.

To quote some of its Pokedex entries.... http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kingler_(Pokémon)#Pok.C3.A9dex_entries_2

"It can hardly lift its massive, overgrown pincer. The pincer's size makes it difficult to aim properly." "Its pincers grow peculiarly large. If it lifts the pincers too fast, it loses its balance and staggers." "Its over sized claw is very powerful, but when it's not in battle, the claw just gets in the way." "It waves its huge, over sized claw in the air to communicate with others. But since the claw is so heavy, this Pokémon quickly tires." "The large and hard pincer has 10,000-horsepower strength. However, being so big, it is unwieldy to move."

My point is, for all its power, most of Kingler's AP comes from its big claw, & that's only on one side. A big claw that it has trouble moving & aiming & which makes it tire faster.

And I'm sure even Mister Satan can figure out that when he sees a big crab with one very big claw, that the bigger claw is to be avoided.

Even if Kingler doesn't "crabwalk", as its anatomy would lead me to believe, Mister Satan has "Subsonic, possibly higher" speed. Kingler's speed is unknown, but I'm doubtful Kingler is faster, & it's likely not going to outsmart him.

I can see Mister Satan easily outmaneuvering Kingler, staying on the side with the smaller claw consistently.

The fact that he has bombs, poisons -although, whether he can administer them to Kingler is questionable- & missile launchers, apparently means he can fight at range, too.

Kingler's thin, possibly even weak limbs could also prove as weak points to an effective martial artist such as Mister Satan; They may be more fragile, or Kingler could be grabbed & thrown by them.

Kingler's best chance, in my opinion, might prove unintuitive to a crab Pokemon like it. Since its claw is so big, heavy, stamina-draining, & unwieldy, & probably something Mister Satan can handily avoid....

Kingler would likely have to stay in one place, trying to tank attacks & attack at a range to win through attrition. As in, it's most effective strategy MAY just be avoiding using its big, meaty claw, as much as possible.

Using moves like Bubble, Mud Shot, Brine, to attack at a range, & moves like Harden & Protect, Kingler might have a shot, & using its claw(s) to keep Hercule back, it might be able to overcome the significant stamina difference, & possible speed difference.

However, I'm doubtful Kingler's instincts & intelligence -or possible lack thereof- would support it concocting such a plan.

All in all, speed isn't certain, & that makes a big difference.

However, due to Mister Satan likely being better in Stamina, Speed & Intelligence, & his equipment helping him match Kingler in a battle of range -so long as there are no witnesses- I think Mister Satan would be able to close the distance & overcome Kingler in a close-up fight.

And again, while Kingler might have a chance with ranged tanking & attrition techniques, I still think it's a big maybe if it works even if Kingler DOES try using it.

Thanks, all, for reading this & considering my opinion if you do. Hopefully me replying to this match so late is okay.

Back