• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I'm told that I need to make threads about upgrading so here

(This is for Marinette and Adrie )

Attack Potency/Tier: I believe this should be Large Building Level at the very Best (High 8-C) https://youtu.be/EHCjEHWxIek In this episode we can see a Mime who is able to both Slash the Eiffel Tower in half with a single strike (17:04) as well as able to hold it with his boxes, with this sword that he has used to fight Adrein with and his staff (We can tell this by the same sounds that both of these make, granted it may have been a much bigger sword, but I doubt that he can lift a sword this wide on his own physical strength). This should put Adrien with his staff on Attack Potency of Large Building as the mimes strength didn't overwhelm him, he was able to stay on par (Fight takes place at around 13:48) , and there was no reason for the mime to hold back, This can be powerscaled to Marinette aswell,as we have seen no major strength difference between her and Chat. More evidence is how Ladybug knew that the Mime could destroy the Eiffel tower, when he proved no real notable attack power before this aswell. I don't really want to go back through all the episodes, but Adrien was also able to leave a very large dent in a building aswell without much force (It might have been the Eiffel tower tbh, I forget). Though his Cataclsym can count as hax, It was able to destroy the Gamers mech, which was the same size as a Stadium aswell. (this Counts to Marinette and Adrien)

Striking Strength: Class GJ Mainly because of his Staff and comparability to the Mime.

Durability: At least Small Building Level Adrien has been hit by a bus, got launched several times hitting solid ground, and has survived hits from other akumatised villians, without anything broken or bruised I can't actually remember which episode (Useful aren't I) but I'm going to try and find it, and place it in an edit, This can be powerscaled for Marinette aswell

Stamina: Above Superhuman (we have never seen him get tired tbh, This could potentially be higher, but for now it can stay Superhuman)

Evidence: All of his stats are basically Superhuman, and those parkour skills allow him to travel blocks in seconds (In the Gamer https://youtu.be/vbD88HIJEro 11:41, we can see just a little of his Stamina feats, definitely not Peak Human though

But all of his basic stats should be Superhuman at the least

So yeah, i havent planned this as you can tell, but i just find his stats so criminally low, especially when hes faced things like Time manipulators, those with the powers of gods, People which can literally create anything they can act out, Weather Manipulators, etc.

Hes definitely in the Tier 8's (Hopefully until soon, this verse could be extremely powerful with its hax)

So can this Verse get an upgrade? Theres a lot more evidence i havent covered but hopefully another fan can help me out here

MartianGirl
I should really make the mime its own page as well as other akumatised villians

This seems mostly reasonable to me.

Hmm. Well Ant and MightyRegulator thinks this is reasonable. Darkanine thinks it as well (he and i do watch the show too. @Peridot).

I suppose that if this is really scalable in some workable way, then i can't object here...

@G&L Peridot: See? Does this make you feel better now that you made a thread? I should note taht only 4 people have agreed thus far, including two admins and a mod. I'd suggest you wait a bit for more input (for me, you should wait until 2-3 more agree to this). Once enough agreements are made, you are free to make the nessecery adjustments....

Aye. Just....gotta wait a bit longer, i guess. *shrugs*

Edit: @G&L Peridot: You are going to have to link the reasoning for the stats and wahtnot. This at least allows the community to understand why a character has them (in this case for example, you'll need to link the reason why Adrien/Chat Noir is High 8-C or something due to fighting The Mime and such so....).....

Sounds fine, but didn't that very same mime hold up the majority of the Eiffel Tower's weight (albeit struggling to do so?)

Alakabamm said:
Sounds fine, but didn't that very same mime hold up the majority of the Eiffel Tower's weight (albeit struggling to do so?)
He did, yes. But not before slicing it using his Mime powers, apparently.

I would think holding up that much mass for that long would be better than cutting it, per se.

6 people have made their input including that of 2 admins, a mod, and two members of the calc team.

I guess this seems fair to implement the changes, yes? @All.

This seems fine. Two questions...

One, any particular reason that the striking power doesn't scale to the durability here? It makes far more sense to me that, if Adrian were trading blows directly with this guy and his arms didn't snap in two immediately from the force when he tried to block a blow, then his durability (and thus Marinette's as well) should probably also be Large Building. Unless there's some sort of special caveat I'm missing here.

Two, why is their stamina superhuman again? Just because they never are shown to get tired? What are the circumstances? Doing some strenuous parkour for a good bit without getting too worn out is something plenty of peak humans in fiction (and, heck, real life even) are able to do, sounds more like Peak Human stamina to be honest.

Oh, and one last thing I noticed, movement speed and athletics and such are definitely superhuman, given Cat Noir can jump dozens or even hundreds of feet through the air in under a second and such.

Peridot will have to explain that first part then cause i'm sort of wondering the same thing too with you, Perpetual.

For number 2, i can see the characters having Peakhuman stamina, yes.

Hmm. Definitely will need to change to taht i guess.

Another thing, Adrie's standard equipment is blank. Does he have no equipment? Sounds off for some reason.

Also, should these changes be implemented now? It seems to be accepted.

Really? Must have missed that when i made his page, i guess.

Well i don't exactly know what to put so i'll let G&L Peridot do it....

Edit: Speaking of Peridot. Seeing that you've a number of the staff seeing this as okay, you can edit the pages accordingly to what you want to change. Though i suggest you try to answer Perpetual's questions from earlier first though just before you do, that is...

Nibbler3100 said:
This is kind of obvious from anyone who watches the show don't see why the thread was needed tbh but nice work
Nibbler, it was because i wasn't sure if what Peridot said about the characters being Tier 8 was legit or not. So i ask her(?) if a thread regarding this was made first man, okay?

No idea where that came from. Major changes should be consulted via the content revision board (or at least an administrator) first before being applied. This is not only a wikia, but a community.

TheMightyRegulator said:
No idea where that came from. Major changes should be consulted via the content revision board (or at least an administrator) first before being applied. This is not only a wikia, but a community.
Uhm.....don't know how to interpret that?

That was addressed to Nibbler's comment. Though it may seem to be obvious it's better to give prior warnings before making such large changes to a character's profile to avoid...unnecessary confusion.

So, have the changes been applied yet?

Antvasima said:
So, have the changes been applied yet?
I was thinking that Peridot does it instead given that she(?) was the one that initially changed the characters tiers the other day back.

I could try to implement the change i guess?

No, let's wait for Peridot. (Unless you have watched the show?)

Antvasima said:
No, let's wait for Peridot. (Unless you have watched the show?)
I have seen the show, yes. The reason Peridot made this thread in the first place was because i wasn't if what she did earlier was legit or not and had requested her to make this thread to see what the community thinks.

Given the number of people here and that Peridot is not on at the moment, i'm going to attempt to do the changes. She can at least fix whatever that i might have messed up i guess....

ThePerpetual said:
This seems fine. Two questions...
One, any particular reason that the striking power doesn't scale to the durability here? It makes far more sense to me that, if Adrian were trading blows directly with this guy and his arms didn't snap in two immediately from the force when he tried to block a blow, then his durability (and thus Marinette's as well) should probably also be Large Building. Unless there's some sort of special caveat I'm missing here.
Well

There we go, MOAR buffs, I'm a bit new to this, so we got some large building level durability for Miraculous

Off to edit now no final objections?

Of course, the problem is that idk if Adrien is also High 8-C without his staff. He could be by scaling him from Marinette as she fights bare-handed primarilly. There is her Yo-Yo but it just kind of seems....not High 8-C status in a sense?

IDK. Peridot can at least try to explain the physical part. Weather Adrien and Marinette is High 8-C physically from scaling The Mime will have to be explained by her, i guess.

If the staff doesn't have some sort of kinetic dampening property and he's physically on-par with Marinette without it, I don't see any reason to assume they aren't Large Building in durability.

ThePerpetual said:
If the staff doesn't have some sort of kinetic dampening property and he's physically on-par with Marinette without it, I don't see any reason to assume they aren't Large Building in durability.
What about physically in AP?

About the staff part. From what i've assumed, there's no indication that it has some sort of KE dampening property thing, dude. But i have no idea since i've been trying to watch the show more often so.....

@Crossverse

Marinette and Cat Noir don't really show any differences in Strength, since that not really their style, their two Miraculous' have said to be the strongest, even more so than Hawk Moths, so

1. The Miraculous' are on par with eachother, one doesn't have any higher stats, only the real difference in Creation and Destruction

2. They are only beginning to tap into their power of its stronger than Hawk Moths, who can create all those hax akumatised villians

Great & Lovable Peridot said:
@Crossverse
Marinette and Cat Noir don't really show any differences in Strength, since that not really their style, their two Miraculous' have said to be the strongest, even more so than Hawk Moths, so

1. The Miraculous' are on par with eachother, one doesn't have any higher stats, only the real difference in Creation and Destruction

2. They are only beginning to tap into their power of its stronger than Hawk Moths, who can create all those hax akumatised villians
Yeah, i read that on the Miraculous Wiki about them.

So physically in AP and everything, both Marinette and Adrien are equal to each other, especially Adrien w/o his staff, yes?

Yep

All we need is a planet buster, and ML might actually have some food matchups (Curious to see what Hawkmoth would be like if he has both Miraculous)

Aye, okay.

Well i guess that should be done for now. Given that we have updated all of the characters (that i only managed to make 3 of them, unfortunately), i presume that we can close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back