• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Zabuza and Kakashi Addition.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
So why don't Zabuza and Kakashi have Fear Manipulation on their Profiles for literally making Sasuke want to kill himself from them flexing their Bloodlust?

It really seems to be passive fear manip, but if we accept that, we need to give resist to fear manip to the entire verse

Orochimaru already has Fearhax on his Profile for that feat. I'm just confused why Zabuza and Kakashi don't have it for doing the same thing.

The thing that Tobirama did that scared Suigetsu and worried Orochimaru, Sasuke and Jugo, can that be considered Fear Hax?
That was him flexing his Chakra about to attack them because he was mad, not so much him flexing his Bloodlust to make them commit Suicide or see their own death like Orochimaru, Zabuza and Kakashi did.

Just a heads up, Fear manipulation is in short something we give to characters who can make other characters just tremble in fear despite not really having anything to naturally be afraid of. Although, it can be granted via other types of abilities such as Nightmare manipulation or Hallucination manipulation; but those are often seen respectively as more Dream and Perception manipulation more so.

Last edited:
I agree with this was actually going to talk about it and I believe that Kaguya has the same thing, she paralysed Sakura with fear when she first appeared.

Would Hashirama qualify for Explosive Aura (Cracking stone floors and walls) or is that to much?
Tobirama as well and when Hiruzen was fighting the other 2 hokage and orochimaru they also cause tiles to crack with their chakra in a stare down.

Edit:

Actually it was just orochimaru and hiruzen:

Last edited:
I agree with this, there's no real reason for this to not work.
It really seems to be passive fear manip, but if we accept that, we need to give resist to fear manip to the entire verse
I don't see why this is an issue tbh other than the amount of edits

Agree regarding Zabuza and Orochimaru, but disagree with Kakashi having a Fear Manipulation feat, as it was noted that Edo Tensei Zabuza has unique bloodlust aura, which is infamous even among people who never met Zabuza.

0521-016.png
0522-002.png
0522-003.png

If we are to give Resistance to Fear Manipulation to the verse, what are the specifics?
In the first Zabuza encounter, Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura were affected by the killing intent, but Sasuke was particularly more affected and Kakashi had to ask him to calm down. Sasuke in his second encounter against Zabuza was able to resist Zabuza's Fear Manipulation (was only trembling out of eagerness to fight), and Naruto/Sakura seemed unaffected. Both Sasuke/Sakura were affected by Orochimaru's killing intent and had illusions of their death, but Sasuke was more affected (puking, and Sakura calling him a coward for no longer fighting after Naruto arrived), but he managed to distract himself from the fear by stabbing his thigh and later gathered enough courage to fight Orochimaru. It seems that Sasuke was particularly more vunerable to Fear Manipulation due to his trauma.

So who gets it? Genin-level and above? Chunin-level and above? Jonin-level and above?
Does it need a "Likely/Possibly" for the people who didn't fight Zabuza/Orochimaru, since killing intent aura seems to be a rare skill?

Agree regarding Zabuza and Orochimaru, but disagree with Kakashi having a Fear Manipulation feat, as it was noted that Edo Tensei Zabuza has unique bloodlust aura, which is infamous even among people who never met Zabuza.

0521-016.png
0522-002.png
0522-003.png

If we are to give Resistance to Fear Manipulation to the verse, what are the specifics?
In the first Zabuza encounter, Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura were affected by the killing intent, but Sasuke was particularly more affected and Kakashi had to ask him to calm down. Sasuke in his second encounter against Zabuza was able to resist Zabuza's Fear Manipulation (was only trembling out of eagerness to fight), and Naruto/Sakura seemed unaffected. Both Sasuke/Sakura were affected by Orochimaru's killing intent and had illusions of their death, but Sasuke was more affected (puking, and Sakura calling him a coward for no longer fighting after Naruto arrived), but he managed to distract himself from the fear by stabbing his thigh and later gathered enough courage to fight Orochimaru. It seems that Sasuke was particularly more vunerable to Fear Manipulation due to his trauma.

So who gets it? Genin-level and above? Chunin-level and above? Jonin-level and above?
Does it need a "Likely/Possibly" for the people who didn't fight Zabuza/Orochimaru, since killing intent aura seems to be a rare skill?
I would say Possibly for more experienced genin, likely for chunin and always giving it to jonin

Ignoring resistances the people who should get fear manip from aura should be:

Zabuza and Kakashi of course, Tobirama, Hashirama and Kaguya. Maybe Madara but I would have to look at when he first arrived again. All of these guys made people fear them to the point of at least paralysis with just their aura and others like Kakashi and Zabuza nearly forced people to commit suicide.

Hiruzen, Orochimaru, Hashirama and Tobirama should get explosive aura from causing damage to their surroundings with their chakra.

Ignoring resistances the people who should get fear manip from aura should be:

Zabuza and Kakashi of course, Tobirama, Hashirama and Kaguya. Maybe Madara but I would have to look at when he first arrived again. All of these guys made people fear them to the point of at least paralysis with just their aura and others like Kakashi and Zabuza nearly forced people to commit suicide.

Hiruzen, Orochimaru, Hashirama and Tobirama should get explosive aura from causing damage to their surroundings with their chakra.
Not sure if this helps, but Sakura trembled in fear of Madara's Rinnegan and was backing away, but soon got over it.

If Zabuza has lore statements about "Fear inducing aura" I suppose passive fear manipulation makes sense for him. I basically agree with what ShadowWhoTalks said yes.

Last edited:
Chuckles. ShadowWhoTalks is more accurate than KingTempest I guess.

From what I am seeing, Zabuza/Orochimaru/Kurama are the only ones with explicit fear hax.

Sasuke mentioned the intensity of Jonin facing each other while panicking that he'll get killed if he makes the wrong move, but it is not a solid indication that Kakashi is emitting fear aura like Zabuza. Madara and Itachi have fearsome reputation but it doesn't qualify as Fear Manipulation or a superpower; I recall Sakura was hesitating to stab the Rinnengan when she was alone with Obito despite being a medic, so it is vert plausible she was nervous normally.

Agree with Explosive Aura for Hiruzen/Orochimaru/Hashirama/Tobirama. They are highly skilled characters, so it is possible that it is an ability that requires some training and wouldn't necessarily scale to more powerful characters.

Back