• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Sentry power additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly Time Manipulation or Time Travel (the Infinitendrils appeared in Egypt back in 1600 b.C., but it's unsure if this is an effect of Sentry believing he's the Angel of Death or if the Void already existed at that time). Scans from Dark Avengers # 13
Immortality (Type 2; tried to commit suicide by diving into the Sun's core, but stayed alive even as just a skeleton besides his regeneration and resistence being reduced by his mental state. Teared his head in half, lefting only his brain and eyeballs and was still fighting. Had his brain smashed by Thor later and was still alive.) Scans from Dark Avengers # 13 and Uncanny Avengers #15
Technology Manipulation (have manipulated technology as a side-effect of his reality warping. Made the Watchtower materialize, can control and twist it, and even made it vanish. Along with the Watchtower is his AI CLOC, who is advanced enough to monitorize the world in real time and analyze structures such as the Cosmic Cube. After making the entire population of Earth remember his existence, every piece of media of him reappeared as well, which includes digital media). Scans from The Sentry vol 1 # 4, Sentry vol 2 # 1, Sentry/Fantastic Four, Sentry/Spider-Man, Dark Avengers # 14, Siege # 5, and New Avengers # 10

Last edited:
It seems more like unconscious reality warping than technology manipulation.

Also, I am not sure if Immortality Type 2 is appropriate given that it is already covered by his regeneration.

Appearing in the past is not full time manipulation, just time travel, and if we do not know for certain that The Void did so, but rather likely just existed as a force long before The Sentry tapped into it, it seems too uncertain to add to his page.

Another thing that I noticed: shouldn't Sentry have Technology Manipulation? He can materialize the Watchtower and CLOC, wich are extremely complex technologicaly equipaments
Sounds more like reality wraping. Add this in OP

It seems more like unconscious reality warping than technology manipulation.

Also, I am not sure if Immortality Type 2 is appropriate given that it is already covered by his regeneration.

Appearing in the past is not full time manipulation, just time travel, and if we do not know for certain that The Void did so, but rather likely just existed as a force long before The Sentry tapped into it, it seems too uncertain to add to his page.
Searching more, I have found a thing that actually support that the Void went back in time. In Sentry: Fallen Sun, the summary says the Void was warping reality to his whims during the events of Dark Avengers. The panels where Void appears in the past are shown to us after Lindy teorizes that Robert powers are something from biblical proportions, and the Void was listening all the things. Soooo... it sounds that the Void enjoyed the idea and, believing in what Lindy said, he twisted reality to appear in the past.

From what I recall of that storyline, it was strongly hinted that The Sentry channels forces that inspired stories from the Bible but long preceded him, not that he actually time-travelled in the process.

From what I recall of that storyline, it was strongly hinted that The Sentry channels forces that inspired stories from the Bible but long preceded him, not that he actually time-travelled in the process.
Yeah, as even Lindy says in the scan. However, that's the point, the comic made it open to our interpretation, that's why I put as "possibly" time travel, because the author hints things that supports both the two possibilities.

Well, we do not have sufficiently clear evidence in that regard available. Sorry.

I think that Immortality Type 2 is supposed to be for characters without regeneration beyond that scale, and the changes to the world made by The Sentry were not restricted to technological manipulation, but rather covered under reality warping.

I think that Immortality Type 2 is supposed to be for characters without regeneration beyond that scale, and the changes to the world made by The Sentry were not restricted to technological manipulation, but rather covered under reality warping.
Hmmmmmmm... I see. Thanks for explaining.

No problem.

Is it fine if I close this thread then?

Okay. I will do so.

Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back