• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Question.

Where would the following feat rank in terms of Intelligence?

Two players are participating in a game called "Seventeen Card Poker" where the only cards are the face cards and a Joker(New Deck, so arranged in order).

So the resultant hands can already be expected to be very strong, with the Joker being the most important card.

One of the players X, has a very good vision/focus. While the dealer is shuffling through the deck(Rifle Shuffle, perfectly), this player can basically spot where the Joker ends up. Shuffling can be increased according to the player.

After shuffling, the dealer asks each player how many cards they'd like to cut and send the cut cards to the back of the deck.

Since X can always have the joker, Y is in trouble. But Y manages to successfully make in his mind, a map of how the cards end up after every single shuffle, which enables him to always get a Four of a Kind(Queens) in the end. He does this twice.

Edit : I'm new to the community, so sorry if I might've accidentally gone wrong somewhere.

We're rather... loose when it comes to intelligence.

It sounds like "Very High", assuming this guy has experience playing this game. If not, then I would argue "Gifted" if he made this in just one game.

^ He was an ex-con, who drove an entire MLM Company to bankruptcy on his own.

I felt the same, but there are some limitations which might lower the stat, which I'm not sure of.

First is, every round starts with a brand new deck, Hence the order is the same as for new decks.

Second is, it relies on the dealer always doing a perfect rifle shuffle.

He took around 2/3/4 games to set this up as he had to find out how exactly his opponent was getting the Joker in almost every single round.

@HoneyPops

I would prefer it if you could provide more information, perhaps in a short paragraph, since winning a card game isn't much of a feat in and of itself.

@Reppuzan, I can provide the manga chapters(15-20 chapters), if you aren't planning to read the series "Liar Game" anytime soon. If not, I will try my best to describe it.

Back