• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Here we go.

Deku needs Resistance to Power Mimicry (Monoma was unable to copy One For All due to the mechanics behind it being an accumulation power, nor was he able to manifest any of the quirks that came with it)

Deku also needs Accelerated Development (One For All is capable of growing immensely in power for the longer time the user holds it)

Mirio needs Limited Durability Negation (Mirio is so precise with his Permeation that he is capable of phasing his fist through a persons’ arms trying to block an attack, and hit them in their weak points, such as against 8% Deku)

All For One needs Immortality (Type 6. Capable of possessing Shigaraki and stealing control of his body, with AFO even describing his main body as “long past its expiration” and Multilocation (Exists in multiple different vestige worlds, such as that of Number 6 and Shigaraki)

Tokoyami needs Body Control and Intangibility for Dark Shadow (Dark Shadow is capable of phasing through certain attacks and manipulating his own shape)

Shigaraki should possibly get Resistance to Madness Manipulation (Underwent hellish agony for 4 months in order to obtain AFO, and is still sane)

Deku needs Resistance to Power Mimicry (Monoma was unable to copy One For All due to the mechanics behind it being an accumulation power, nor was he able to manifest any of the quirks that came with it)

That's not a Resistance on Deku's part, but a limitation of Monoma's Quirk.

Deku also needs Accelerated Development (One For All is capable of growing immensely in power for the longer time the user holds it)

One For All grows in strength over time; but we haven't been given any indication that this is a rapid power-up.

Mirio needs Limited Durability Negation (Mirio is so precise with his Permeation that he is capable of phasing his fist through a persons’ arms trying to block an attack, and hit them in their weak points, such as against 8% Deku)

Sure; this makes sense.

Never mind. This is just intangibility.

All For One needs Immortality (Type 6. Capable of possessing Shigaraki and stealing control of his body, with AFO even describing his main body as “long past its expiration” and Multilocation (Exists in multiple different vestige worlds, such as that of Number 6 and Shigaraki)

Given that the vestige of All For One is more like a clone of sorts, I'm not really sure if this form of immortality is appropriate. If All For One dies, then he dies. The duplicate already exists in Tomura so he's not switching to a back-up or transferring his true consciousness.

Dark Shadow isn't phasing through the attack. Moonfish stabbed him.

Shigaraki should possibly get Resistance to Madness Manipulation (Underwent hellish agony for 4 months in order to obtain AFO, and is still sane)

His sanity is debatable at this point.

Last edited:
Scans, where are your scans?

We already said resistance to power mimicry is wrong. Monoma did copy OFA, but his Quirk has a limitation where he does not copy any accumulated power. They even gave a example of him copying Fat Gum's Quirk, but not being able to use it because he wasn't fat himself.

Same thing with Eri's power as well. That isn't resistance for Izuku, Fat Gum, and Eri or whoever else has similar power. Just that Monoma's Quirk can't copy everything.

No accelerated development. "Accelerated Development is the ability to raise ones statistics and/or abilities at a much faster pace than a normal character in the setting is able to. Users of this ability are able to reap the fruits of their training with far less effort and time than most, with some characters improving their overall power effortlessly."

You have provided nothing to showcase Izuku's development is faster pace than a normal user of OFA. OFA does gets stronger yes, no duh! But you need to prove that his growth is special and faster than the normal growth of OFA.

Mirio shouldn't have dura negation. Going pass an arm that try to block doesn't sound like dura negation to me.

Can someone who has more knowledgeable about powers and abilities confirm otherwise?

AFO is a no to either things. Vestiges are nothing more than clones or pieces of a consciousness, they are not the person in question. AFO does not receive memories from his other self nor is he in two places at once. In fact he has to communicate with his other self with radio waves, as was stated in chapter 328.

Right now both immortality and multilocation don't have evidence.

Tokoyami's intangibility is a big no as well. You didn't showcase Dark Shadow phasing through anything, and we never see him do such a thing. He cannot phase period, if you mean Moonfish's attack. That isn't phase he is actually stabbing into him with his blades. IDK if Body Control is right for what Dark Shadow can do.

Shigaraki did not resistant Madness Manipulation, so no madness manipulation resistance. Very simple. Just more Supernatural Willpower at best.

Mirio shouldn't have dura negation. Going pass an arm that try to block doesn't sound like dura negation to me.

Durability Negation may be the wrong term for it; but Mirio can bypass shields or some defenses.

Though actually maybe this doesn't need any label at all and it just falls under his existing Intangibility.

So I'm against Limited Durability Negation for Mirio now.

I don't know if Dura Negation is proper for this. I admit I just don't know what the wiki standard is in this case.

Durability Negation may be the wrong term for it; but Mirio can bypass shields or some defenses.

Though actually maybe this doesn't need any label at all and it just falls under his existing Intangibility.

So I'm against Limited Durability Negation for Mirio now.
I still think the precision of the ability should be listed somewhere

Given that the vestige of All For One is more like a clone of sorts, I'm not really sure if this form of immortality is appropriate. If All For One dies, then he dies. The duplicate already exists in Tomura so he's not switching to a back-up or transferring his true consciousness.
But All For One’s purpose of having Shigaraki is so he can implant his consciousness into his body, making it so he can essentially live on. I’m not seeing how this isn’t Type 6

According to the Durability Negation page:

“Attacking internal organs - Due to the manipulation of internal energy (or electricity), a character can directly target the internal organs, thereby ignoring the durability of the outer layers (such as leather, armor, etc.). Manipulation of threads is also included in this type, as even a single fibre, penetrated through a crack in the armor, can be fatal.“

Bypassing defenses is considered as a form of Durability Negation, so

AFO is a no to either things. Vestiges are nothing more than clones or pieces of a consciousness, they are not the person in question.
If All For One dies, then he dies. The duplicate already exists in Tomura so he's not switching to a back-up or transferring his true consciousness.
6: Parasitic: The character is able to attain a sort of immortality by abandoning bodies whenever necessary to transfer their consciousness to another body, whether they are possessing someone else or switching to a backup body.
All For One's plan is to convert Tomura into a vessel for his power and eventually possess him; and, to this end, All For One is fairly successful, even managing to merge his own consciousness and will with Tomura. That should be enough, no?
AFO does not receive memories from his other self
Actually, All For One remarked that his and Tomura's minds were in the process of fusing; and, to this end, All For One, in his main body, was fully aware of the destruction New Order caused in Tomura's body and referenced the "fracas" a little more than a mild annoyance twice, despite remaining in his hideout the entire time. This, of course, wouldn't be possible for him to remember unless he had access to the memories from Tomura's body.
nor is he in two places at once.
He can be. This appears to be more akin to Hive Mind than Multilocation, though.

As has been said scans.
Checks out. Especially with Monoma being unable to manifest Black Whip or the other quirks.

As said, needs to be rapid apparently.

If others are okay with it I suppose.

Yes. I just posted about this in the General Thread.

Seems no from others.

Unsure here.

Checks out. Especially with Monoma being unable to manifest Black Whip or the other quirks.
Agreed
If others are okay with it I suppose.
other characters can get it via pin point strikes I don’t see why Mirio could not
Yes. I just posted about this in the General Thread.
i also agree with type 6
Unsure here.
Either general endurance feat, or an actual resistance to going insane or losing his mind from pain, idk either.

Well then, allow me.
Mirio is so precise with his Permeation that he is capable of phasing his fist through a persons’ arms trying to block an attack, and hit them in their weak points, such as against 8% Deku
0124-005.png
0124-006.png

Nothing even remotely similar to Durability Negation is demonstrated here. Mirio phased through Izuku's arm, which is Intangibility, and then followed up directly with a strike to the chest, incapacitating him. He did not attack his organs, nor could he have, considering his body is not allowed to exist within other solid matter, resulting in his body being repelled at high speeds. The instant he tries attacking an opponent's internal organs with Permeation, his arm would be thrown aside.
He can still bypass defenses like armor and stuff, as you said. So that’s why I think a Minor or a Limited is necessary
This is Intangibility.
Also, see above.

can we discuss this next?
I was going to write a book just now, but I realized something.

I suggest we wait until the series is over before making any judgements. As everything you think or what I think, can all be disproven in the actual series. Also note that AFO does not achieve nor can he use this ability himself. The only reason his vestige is inside of Shigaraki is because the Doctor transferred his actual Quirk into Shigaraki.

AFO himself cannot split off pieces of himself and take over bodies.

But holding off on this until we get more information seems best for me. Because a lot of this is based on information Horikoshi hasn't fully fleshed out yet. Considering AFO is trying to body hop and mentions his own body is worthless, I won't be surprised if this does actually end up being the case.

Unsure about Hive Mind, I don't know wiki standards on how we treat pieces of consciousness. Does it have to be the full consciousness in multiple vessels, or does AFO's vestige being a piece of his consciousness count? Regardless Hive Mind sounds much better than Multilocation.

Moving on to Power Mimicry Resistance again.

OFA does not have resistance to power mimicry. The other Quirks within OFA are stored up as accumulated power, they are apart of the power that is accumulated as they are passed down. He cannot copy them because his Quirk does not copy accumulated power.

You need to provide reason that OFA itself is special and prevents actual copying. Nothing like this is stated, and is based on speculation on why he didn't copy the other Quirks. But we're already told they are part of the accumulation of power within OFA. Their Quirk Factors are stored in there as well, along with the power.

He got OFA, but nothing inside of it. Including the power and the Quirks. This is a weakness of Monoma's Quirk and not a special power of OFA itself.

If I missed anyone else argument, please speak up. I didn't see anything while skimming through. I already admit I have no idea if what Mirio can do would count as limited dura negation. We likely need to ask someone who knows way more about this wiki than I do. Does passing through shields with intangibility count as dura negation?

Negating durability in this instance would be like if Mirio could phase his arm through a shield, become tangible again, and obliterate the shield by existing within the same space at the same time, akin to the Dimensional Sword from Rosario + Vampire; essentially, he would have to be able to displace matter with Intangibility in order to gain Durability Negation. However, the inverse occurs; matter displaces him when he becomes tangible.

I mean characters can get limited dura neg for pressure points, but even I can shiv someone in them despite being incredibly stupid. So it’s not impossible
Typically fighters won't have special knowledge on how to strike pressure points + have feats of being able to do so. The people who do are the ones who get Pressure Point Strikes on their profile.

Typically fighters won't have special knowledge on how to strike pressure points + have feats of being able to do so. The people who do are the ones who get Pressure Point Strikes on their profile.
At the very least Mirio should get it then, since Mirio’s counter is based on pressure points

He punched him in the stomach/solar plexus. A very common and well know weak spot of the human body. I wouldn't really call that anything special.

Uraraka knocked out Reiko with the classic anime chop to the neck and she doesn't even get anything for that. Gentle tried to do it against Izuku but he blocked it with his arm.

Though Pressure Points don't mention knocking someone out as an example. So does that not even count?

He punched him in the stomach/solar plexus. A very common and well know weak spot of the human body. I wouldn't really call that anything special.

Uraraka knocked out Reiko with the classic anime chop to the neck and she doesn't even get anything for that. Gentle tried to do it against Izuku but he blocked it with his arm.

Though Pressure Points don't mention knocking someone out as an example. So does that not even count?
In the anime Deku just tanked the chop

Back