• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Johnny Test ability fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stated this in another thread that immortality/plothax was brought up and I’m leaning on Luck or durability. As stated above we have little to no context to say it’s anything other than durability or luck (and Dukey’s line is a 4th wall break with no further details by him nor anything else to support “Johnny not being able to die because he’s the star of the show”)

Further more, although it may not seem important I think it is, everyone on that particular explosion with Johnny survived. It looks more like durability as everyone presumably tanked it, making it a consistent durability feat between the super-forms of the characters and unless everyone on the explosion has type 8 immortality or plot hax, it’s durability lmao.

However I am open to the idea of Johnny’s luck being able to save the people around him as iirc Randomguy stated there was more examples of Johnny protecting people as well as himself with his luck

As for fate manipulation, I am still baffled. What exactly here is the fate getting manipulated?
I think it comes from the fact that everyone said he'd die but instead survived the blast, everyone just kind of assumed Johnny was killed by when a lot of other characters survived it. I think it might've just been an overstatement of how powerful the blast was since several other people survived the same thing that suppose to kill Johnny.

Overcoming the fate is not manipulating it. So ya I agree with the premise of the thread.

But why plot manipulation is being discussed? Can't even see metaficional context at all.

As someone who also answered to Randomguy question on AKM wall, I'm also leaning to that it's only supernatural luck. Supernatural Luck can also make event happen to what benefit the user of supernatural luck.

Plot Manipulation require severe context and elaboration, and the feat of actually manipulating the plot of the story itself.

Fate, imo, is just wrong since this would imply that not only Johnny can manipulate his fate to survive the explosion, but also others that survive along with him.

As someone who also answered to Randomguy question on AKM wall, I'm also leaning to that it's only supernatural luck. Supernatural Luck can also make event happen to what benefit the user of supernatural luck.

Plot Manipulation require severe context and elaboration, and the feat of actually manipulating the plot of the story itself.

Fate, imo, is just wrong since this would imply that not only Johnny can manipulate his fate to survive the explosion, but also others that survive along with him.
Couldn’t have summarized it better myself

Oh, yeah, also, regarding Immortality type 8.

The reasoning is quite vague, and I generally disagree on giving Immortality type 8 by some vague concept or mechanic.

In short, I'm agreeing to everything the OP is proposed.

Me when @Dereck03 and @Antvasima are the only staff to contact:
:Adiosputitas:
:cvapalamrd:

Anyway, Supernatural luck right? After reading the short discussion then sure, is fine ig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back