• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Johnny Test ability fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removing Fate and Immortality

this is just to remove Johnny's Fate Manipulation and Immortality (Type 8) as the statement "He's the star of the show" is being taken to literally and was merely a 4th wall break gag by Dukey which happens very commonly in the show.

Johnny surviving the power poot should be moved under his Supernatural Luck instead just being "survived a power poot that was suppose to kill him".

this should be a pretty simple and minor fix to his profile.

Agree: ImmortalDread, Overlord_THE_END, Dereck03, ByAsura

Neutral:

Disagree:[/USER]

Last edited:
this was discussed in the crt that added that and fate manip was chosen over luck, there was nothing lucky that happened which changed the situation and allowed johnny to survive, he was just spontaneously able to survive it for no reason

this was discussed in the crt that added that and fate manip was chosen over luck, there was nothing lucky that happened which changed the situation and allowed johnny to survive, he was just spontaneously able to survive it for no reason
Luck was agreed by multiple people I saw, if Johnny survived for no reason than its just Plot Armor which allowed him to survive the dangerous situation cause he is needed to continue the plot of Johnny Test, what Dukey said was merely a 4th wall break within the show.

Follow, follow, follow.

I should've made a separate CRT on this instead of mashing it together with everything else.

Luck was agreed by multiple people I saw, if Johnny survived for no reason than its just Plot Armor which allowed him to survive the dangerous situation cause he is needed to continue the plot of Johnny Test, what Dukey said was merely a 4th wall break within the show.
well if fate is what got put on the profile then people must have changed their minds, i wasnt following that thread super closely

yeah its plot armor, what ability is that other than plot (which was seemingly hard no'd) or fate

yeah its plot armor, what ability is that other than plot (which was seemingly hard no'd) or fate
it definitely isn't plot manip cause Johnny isn't shown to be affecting the plot of the story in anyway nor is it stated that the story changed to have Johnny survive everything that happened is assumptions or 4th wall breaks, it could very well be incredibly minor fate hax that saves his life but his supernatural luck has also done the same thing for him on multiple occasions.

i'm almost certain it was just johnny's luck that allowed him to survive as it has on multiple occasions.

what lucky happened to save johnny, he just tanked it, the situation didnt change at all in johnnys favor, if his luck has done similar things then thats just more instances of his plot armor

what lucky happened to save johnny, he just tanked it, the situation didnt change at all in johnnys favor, if his luck has done similar things then thats just more instances of his plot armor
well on the profile it states "that he lucked out of Dark Vegan's plans many times, most by accident with Johnny being completely oblivious that Dark was trying to destroy him" so its clearly saved him from being "destroyed" before.

if he just tanked it then its better to just put "likely far higher" in his durability with "survived a power poot that was going to destroy all of the Armada, though this is through unknown means."

It wasn't just that "he tanked it", it was the attack that Johnny and everyone else performed was going to kill him (and everyone else, too).

It's legit stated that combining all of their powers is extremely dangerous, so it was the attack Johnny and gang were about to perform that were going to kill him.

The fact that he survived it was just luck, as his luck has made him survive from dying a few times before.

well on the profile it states "that he lucked out of Dark Vegan's plans many times, most by accident with Johnny being completely oblivious that Dark was trying to destroy him" so its clearly saved him from being "destroyed" before.

if he just tanked it then its better to just put "likely far higher" in his durability with "survived a power poot that was going to destroy all of the Armada, though this is through unknown means."
The Armada is irrelevant here imo. It was the attack Johnny and everyone else was about to do that was going to kill them.

Though if ya want, you can ask someone to calc the feat of Johnny and everyone else destroying the armada (at the very least it's vaporization, as there's no large or small individual pieces from the armada shown).

Though if I'm being honest, it's probably not going to result in much. It's definitely not going to be anywhere near 7-A, especially since we have to split the total value, as it took multiple people to do this.

it definitely isn't plot manip cause Johnny isn't shown to be affecting the plot of the story in anyway nor is it stated that the story changed to have Johnny survive everything that happened is assumptions or 4th wall breaks, it could very well be incredibly minor fate hax that saves his life but his supernatural luck has also done the same thing for him on multiple occasions.

i'm almost certain it was just johnny's luck that allowed him to survive as it has on multiple occasions.
Actually, you don't need affecting the plot on your own, the story/narrative altering itself to protect your life also counts.

Though if ya want, you can ask someone to calc the feat of Johnny and everyone else destroying the armada (at the very least it's vaporization, as there's no large or small individual pieces from the armada shown).

Though if I'm being honest, it's probably not going to result in much. It's definitely not going to be anywhere near 7-A, especially since we have to split the total value, as it took multiple people to do this.
honestly it probably doesn't matter much as you said, just kind of spit balling what it could be since Johnny survived so "likely higher" for durability was one of them.

honestly it probably doesn't matter much as you said, just kind of spit balling what it could be since Johnny survived so "likely higher" for durability was one of them.
I don't think a "likely higher" needs to be added, as I actually found another statement from the show that supports Tier 6 Johnny Test, but that's a discussion for another day.

Actually, you don't need affecting the plot on your own, the story/narrative altering itself to protect your life also counts.
but the story didn't alter itself to protect Johnny, nothing stated nor shown points towards the plot doing that, the most we have is "He's the Star of the Show" from Dukey which is just him breaking the 4th wall like he has so many times before. we have no idea how Johnny truly survived it since everyone just assumed that it killed him which isn't what happen, it could of easily lucked out of it like he usually does with things that could "destroy" him such as Dark Vegen.

well what exactly happened the times when his luck saved him from DV, in this scenario nothing lucky happened that saved him from the explosion, he just didnt die due to plot armor

It wasn't just that "he tanked it", it was the attack that Johnny and everyone else performed was going to kill him (and everyone else, too).

It's legit stated that combining all of their powers is extremely dangerous, so it was the attack Johnny and gang were about to perform that were going to kill him.

The fact that he survived it was just luck, as his luck has made him survive from dying a few times before.
yeah it should have killed him but simply didnt because plot armor, nothing lucky happened, he just didnt die, im not entirely sure what that ability would be but i dont see how it has anything to do with luck

yeah it should have killed him but simply didnt because plot armor, nothing lucky happened, he just didnt die, im not entirely sure what that ability would be but i dont see how it has anything to do with luck
honestly you could be right, it might not even be Supernatural luck cause literally nothing is shown that he lucked outta it really this could just be a really heavy instance of plot armor, I can't see an ability working here besides supernatural luck or incredibly minor fate manip but like I said above his supernatural luck has done it before.

well what exactly happened the times when his luck saved him from DV, in this scenario nothing lucky happened that saved him from the explosion, he just didnt die due to plot armor
gonna have to get Random to explain cause i'm just going off the profile, can't watch any of the clips on it.

but the story didn't alter itself to protect Johnny, nothing stated nor shown points towards the plot doing that, the most we have is "He's the Star of the Show" from Dukey which is just him breaking the 4th wall like he has so many times before. we have no idea how Johnny truly survived it since everyone just assumed that it killed him which isn't what happen, it could of easily lucked out of it like he usually does with things that could "destroy" him such as Dark Vegen.
That why I said to Randow to get more evidences to support the feat

He just survive, because he is Star of the Show, or in another words, the protagonist. All that's left is that the story didn't let him die because he's the main character.

He just survive, because he is Star of the Show, or in another words, the protagonist. All that's left is that the story didn't let him die because he's the main character.
this has happen so many times in other media "a character not dying because they're the protagonist" its just plot armor no matter how you shape it. Dukey saying he was the star of the show is a 4th wall break gag that happens all the time.

this has happen so many times in other media "a character not dying because they're the protagonist" its just plot armor no matter how you shape it. Dukey saying he was the star of the show is a 4th wall break gag that happens all the time.
Yeah, but even gags are indexed in the profile (Toon Force), The Dog Breaking the 4th Wall, it just means that the story recognizes itself as a meta-story

Yeah, but even gags are indexed in the profile (Toon Force), The Dog Breaking the 4th Wall, it just means that the story recognizes itself as a meta-story
then the whole thing is a gag if the story treats it as one, Dukey's one line is merely him breaking that wall and how Johnny truly survived is unknown with it at most being his Supernatural Luck.

It could go either way between Plot Manip or Supernatural Luck tbh.

I'mma use Timmy Turner's Plot Manp as an example.

Read the explanation behind Timmy's Plot Manip. Timmy explicitly states that the writer of Nega China's comic always believes good triumphs over evil, so even when Timmy and everyone else were powerless, they were still able to win because good always triumphs over evil from the writers' perspective. This is a case of the writer/plot altering the events so Timmy and everyone else can win. It's basically a version of plot armor if you can call it that.

However, you can also make an argument for Supernatural Luck, as Johnny's luck has saved him from getting "destroyed" plenty of times before. Johnny was initially going to get destroyed/killed by sacrificing himself, but he didn't because he's the protagonist.

I feel like this has to be some kind of ability, because quite literally everyone else survived it as well, and a good majority of people who participated in sacrificing themselves were villains. All of them weren't even the protagonists to begin with, so I feel like it's an ability Johnny has that can effect others around him, and I feel like the best possible fits are either Plot Manipulation or Supernatural Luck.

But of course, this may very well be a case of Plot Armor coming into play, and it isn't anything noteworthy.

then the whole thing is a gag if the story treats it as one, Dukey's one line is merely him breaking that wall and how Johnny truly survived is unknown with it at most being his Supernatural Luck.
Yeah, this abilitie can be Johnny Toon Force or Plot Hax in action. (Protecting him from Death)

That why I said to Randow to get more evidences to support the feat

It could go either way between Plot Manip or Supernatural Luck tbh.

I'mma use Timmy Turner's Plot Manp as an example.

Read the explanation behind Timmy's Plot Manip. Timmy explicitly states that the writer of Nega China's comic always believes good triumphs over evil, so even when Timmy and everyone else were powerless, they were still able to win because good always triumphs over evil from the writers' perspective. This is a case of the writer/plot altering the events so Timmy and everyone else can win. It's basically a version of plot armor if you can call it that.

However, you can also make an argument for Supernatural Luck, as Johnny's luck has saved him from getting "destroyed" plenty of times before. Johnny was initially going to get destroyed/killed by sacrificing himself, but he didn't because he's the protagonist.

I feel like this has to be some kind of ability, because quite literally everyone else survived it as well, and a good majority of people who participated in sacrificing themselves were villains. All of them weren't even the protagonists to begin with, so I feel like it's an ability Johnny has that can effect others around him, and I feel like the best possible fits are either Plot Manipulation or Supernatural Luck.

But of course, this may very well be a case of Plot Armor coming into play, and it isn't anything noteworthy.
I don't think using Timmy as an example is good cause its clearly stated for him thats how things will work out no matter what.

Johnny case is incredibly lacking of context or proper evidence how he truly survived it, the only character who said anything was Dukey who just said "He's the star" which was already cleared up to be a mere 4th Wall Break. everyone sacrificing themselves still survived despite it being capable of killing Johnny who survived despite that, it seems like a very clear cut case of plot armor.

I brought this up in the CRT but tanking a blast with in-verse plot armour given as an explanation is hax, not durability

I require some useful information to get the idea of the thread's premise
  • The profile's link
  • Based on what does he have immortality type 8?
Also for plot manipulations discussion, you need metaficional context for it to get the ability. Being protected by plot armour is by itself extremely vague unless there is good amount of context (because logically, every MC would have immortality type 8 as they never die)

Alright. The statement is extremely vague. This does not grant any immortality type 8 as I would interpret it rather as "Show's comedy" rather taking it it completely as literal.

As for fate manipulation, I am still baffled. What exactly here is the fate getting manipulated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back