• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor G stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently made these two physiologies pages in order to use them in the Godzilla profiles.

But wanna know your opinion before using them in the profiles.

The first one will apply to all the Godzilla incarnations that currently exist in this wiki:

The second one will apply to all the Pipeworks Saga monsters that currently exist in this wiki:

Thoughts?

I'm not familiar with all of the works, but if it's consistent across everything, then I guess it works.

If the collective Godzilla have shown these abilities and they aren't treated as unique among them then I guess this is fine.

Large size, Immortality type 3 and Regen should be left for case by case stuff. Everything else looks alright - as I know the franchise, they are shown by most. Size is a bit inconsistent with each other, so it should be judged on its own. Same with Regen and Immortality type 3. Like even if all Godzilla's showed it, it's not on the same level/speed.

Also, what are the standards for Immortality type 3 again? I think it was meant to be at least mid?

Large size, Immortality type 3 and Regen should be left for case by case stuff. Everything else looks alright - as I know the franchise, they are shown by most. Size is a bit inconsistent with each other, so it should be judged on its own. Same with Regen and Immortality type 3. Like even if all Godzilla's showed it, it's not on the same level/speed.

Also, what are the standards for Immortality type 3 again? I think it was meant to be at least mid?
Most Godzillas were stated to have a powerful healing factor thanks to their G Cells, thus making them able to regenerate from wounds that would normally be lethal-

Yes, even a burn can be considered lethal. Plus the rate at which they heal is extremely different, so I would rather that be judged individually instead of being put on a page like this. Also some got higher healing, so you know, it's easier to put that separately from and outside of physiology page.

In addition, size differ too much, so that too should be removed and added to profiles case by case.

Yes, even a burn can be considered lethal. Plus the rate at which they heal is extremely different, so I would rather that be judged individually instead of being put on a page like this. Also some got higher healing, so you know, it's easier to put that separately from and outside of physiology page.

In addition, size differ too much, so that too should be removed and added to profiles case by case.
I removed regeneration and Large size from the Godzilla Physiology as you suggested.

This Godzilla physiology page should be deleted
I don’t care even if the Godzilla versions share those powers (And I doubt it’s a unanimous thing across all versions), you can’t make a physiology page for one character across multiple series and media

I agree with Tllm. Different canons require their own bits of evidence, and have the feats at varying levels. At that point a physiology page becomes nonsensical. Just list the powers on the different profiles for each version of the character.

I support this as long as we go hyper-based and have "Guy with Gun Physiology" of SPH, Martial Arts and Weapon Mastery.

But yeah hard disagree too on a general P&A page across verses for Godzilla most of these powers are based on presumption anyways, to apply to every single version

This Godzilla physiology page should be deleted
I don’t care even if the Godzilla versions share those powers (And I doubt it’s a unanimous thing across all versions), you can’t make a physiology page for one character across multiple series and media
This page covers the Godzilla species in general

Toho Godzillas belong to the same species.

We have Physiology pages for entire species like all Ultras share the same physiology and they have a page.

Last edited:
This page covers the Godzilla species in general

Toho Godzillas belong to the same species, for example, all Ultras share the same physiology.
That appears to cover different eras of Godzilla films, citing some of the oldest and newest films, and referencing the Showa and Heisei eras directly. From my limited knowledge of Godzilla, I didn't think these were canon to each other, and our issue is with the mixing of canons. What's your explanation of this?

That appears to cover different eras of Godzilla films, citing some of the oldest and newest films, and referencing the Showa and Heisei eras directly. From my limited knowledge of Godzilla, I didn't think these were canon to each other, and our issue is with the mixing of canons. What's your explanation of this?
The page covers only abilities that are shared by all the incarnations in the wiki, I revised each one and staff members agreed with it. Also, the Ultraman Physiology page did the same, by using some new era feats to prove feats for old Ultras.

The page doesn't list the special powers of each incarnation.

However, if the problem is the mixing canons I can rework the page to only use feats from the first film which is canon to all other continuities.

However, if the problem is the mixing canons I can rework the page to only use feats from the first film which is canon to all other continuities.

That sounds fine to me!

As someone who knows almost nothing about Godzilla, I feel like I've heard that stated before from off-site sources; that the reboots incorporated the original movie into their canons. But I wouldn't be able to provide a source for that myself.

That sounds fine to me!
Done.

I just left the feats shown in the original film, This should solve it, isn't it?

Done.

I just left the feats shown in the original film, This should solve it, isn't it?
I don't have the verse-specific knowledge needed to evaluate it, but if knowledgeable members agree that those feats apply to the species in general (rather than being feats the original Godzilla showed, which some later ones happened to replicate), then it should be fine.

However, a few of them still having the wording of "most/many" is concerning to me. It makes it seem more like the latter than the former.

I don't have the verse-specific knowledge needed to evaluate it, but if knowledgeable members agree that those feats apply to the species in general (rather than being feats the original Godzilla showed, which some later ones happened to replicate), then it should be fine.

However, a few of them still having the wording of "most/many" is concerning to me. It makes it seem more like the latter than the former.
I'm gonna add some scans.

The page covers only abilities that are shared by all the incarnations in the wiki, I revised each one and staff members agreed with it. Also, the Ultraman Physiology page did the same, by using some new era feats to prove feats for old Ultras.

The page doesn't list the special powers of each incarnation.

Ultras all exist in the same canon.

This isn't the same with Godzilla. Legendary Godzilla isn't canon to Toho Godzilla.

Some of this P&A are iffy
Minor Earth Manipulation: Godzillas can cause earthquakes while walking
Vibration Manipulation: Through their mass
The latter is just ????? and the former likely doesn't count
Aura: A blue glow that precedes Godzilla firing his atomic breath can possibly be attributed to the real-world Cherenkov radiation, a blue aura that is given off by the effects of highly active and supercritical radioactive material.
This is not aura, that's just visual effects seen on Godzilla while he uses his power
Sound Manipulation: His roar is shown to be loud enough to hurt human ears and shatter glass
I believe we don't give sound manipulation for being loud
Camouflage: All Godzillas possess a natural camouflage in order to avoid detection.
It's a giant green lizard that comes from see, what in this color palette helps in that
Enhanced Senses: All Godzillas have enhanced hearing, vision, and Smell.
Scans???

Some of this P&A are iffy

The latter is just ????? and the former likely doesn't count

This is not aura, that's just visual effects seen on Godzilla while he uses his power

I believe we don't give sound manipulation for being loud

It's a giant green lizard that comes from see, what in this color palette helps in that

Scans???
That is why it says minor earth manipulation.

His roar can be heard miles away thou

Camouflage is mostly referring to the natural camouflage that helps him attack by surprise to whales. But I've removed it anyway...

He can see and sense the dark depth of the ocean.

I've seen stuff added for a lot less, so it should be fine to add
Pages don't need CRTs for abilities they had at creation; so some stuff that really shouldn't be done can fly under the radar.

These sorts of abilities tend to not be added when done in a natural or proportional manner, but do get added when done through an unnatural (magically summoning sound) or disproportional (causing a hurricane by swinging a stick downwards) manner.

Vibration Manipulation mentions this, to an extent:
Note that this does not apply to characters who can't create and employ them in a way that differs from just being a side-effect of their attacks, with no specific function.
From those descriptions, I don't think those abilities should be on the Godzilla profiles in the first place.

Pages don't need CRTs for abilities they had at creation; so some stuff that really shouldn't be done can fly under the radar.

These sorts of abilities tend to not be added when done in a natural or proportional manner, but do get added when done through an unnatural (magically summoning sound) or disproportional (causing a hurricane by swinging a stick downwards) manner.

Vibration Manipulation mentions this, to an extent:

From those descriptions, I don't think those abilities should be on the Godzilla profiles in the first place.
I removed Vibration manipulation/Sound manipulation.

What about Minor Earth manipulation? Should I remove it too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back