• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor FLCL revision

If you link to the page here, I can handle it.

Also he should have some type of lifting strength, going off Ep 2(16:14) where he lifted a giant robot. It looks like it could be anywhere from class 10-class 50.

You need some calculations with linked screencaptures though.

Calculate how heavy the lifted thing is.

ok, i can get size pretty easily, but how do i figure out things like volume for this robot? There could be wires, steel beams, engines, etc. Is there like, a wiki average?

Generally assuming some level of hollowness is accepted. For robots, this amount varies a lot based on context- so like 10-50% is standard.

Im used to getting surface area of usual shapes(spheres, rectangular prisms, cylinders, etc.) but i have never done it on a shape like This(one on the right) wait, i dont even need surface area, i can get mass from density and volume, all i need is the density of steel and the volume.

Last edited:
I can get a rough estimate by eyeballing it. Canti seems to be around 7 feet in height(going off comparisons in other episodes)the robot on the right seems to be around 2 canti‘s high. that means the robot stands around 14 feet high. Now for the length and the width, the robot appears to be about 5-6 feet in length, and around 6 feet in width. cool, now we can find volume, so 7 x 6 x 6 equals 252 cubic feet, or around 7.13585 cubic meters. Now that we have volume, we can just get the density of steel, which ranges from 7,750 kg/m3 to 8,050 kg/m3. Well use the lower one to be safe. Now, finally, we can get mass(in kg which i will convert to pounds). Using This calculator i got a result of approximately 55302.8375 kilograms, or 121921.8866049 lbs. that seems to be a little bit into class 100 according to the wiki lifting strength page.

Eyeballing it is not sufficient. Pixel scaling is the only game in town, I'm afraid.

Ok I posted it as a request, ill inform you if it does not get a calc, also, how do i know that it did get a calc? Do they post it in the thread or in a different place.

I suppose that you can edit your message to very politely ask them to inform you via your message wall, but it usually takes a long while, so I would recommend trying to get somebody you know to calculate the feat(s) for you instead.

I only know you, ionslite, armorchompy, and mr bambu. you could tell me which of those actually are allowed to evaluate calcs, or make them.

Armorchompy and Mr. Bambu are calc group members, but they are already busy, and do not seem interested in this.

Do you know anybody outside of the wiki that can help you out?

Okay. There is a risk that it will take months though, and you are only allowed to ask again every 50 days.

Okay. I would appreciate if you change the page to an appropriate version. I am not very familiar with the verse.

for the lifting strength, it might be good to have “at least class 25” for his first key, as its most certainly better than unknown, but for red naota, he lifted a skyscraper-sized giant metal hand. This could most likely be “at least class M” going of size alone.

for the lifting strength, it might be good to have “at least class 25” for his first key, as its most certainly better than unknown, but for red naota, he lifted a skyscraper-sized giant metal hand. This could most likely be “at least class M” going of size alone.
Then scale the size of the metal hand. And get weight.

its been a while since anyone posted here, but for the speed rating, i could summarize what we know, and if theres anything about this that doesn't make sense.

• Satellite enters lower atmosphere(if anyone would like to give me a height estimate, that would be cool) and descends to surface in about 25 seconds(will do frame by frame).
  • Satelites dimensions which were alread calced could be used to find LS(i can calculate weight, and assume 50 percent hollowness due to it being a bomb)but how do i factor in the weight and the KE to get LS?
  • Someone should calc the enviromental destruction that haruko caused
  • This LS and reaction speed would scale to everyone, but haruko and atomsk keep MFTL

If you need something calculated, you need to post images or a video clip that display the feat(s), so I can ask a calc group member to handle it.

Back