• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor FLCL revision

MFTL+
naota has MFTL reactions for no real reason, he reacts to haruko’s vespa but there is absolutely no reason to assume its always traveling at mftl+ speeds all the time, and the bomb feat isn’t reaction in the first place, he knocked it away at mftl+ speeds, not reacted to it. the speed of the bomb pre-hit should be calced and that should be his new reaction speed.

If you write down your calculation in a blog post, you can ask our calc group members to evaluate it afterwards.

Okay. If you link to it here, I can ask a few calc group members to take a look.

Also naota’s durability is atrocious, again, no to assume haruko was using island level attacks all the time.
he survived a explosion in episode 1, it happened at the end of the fight scene, that should be calced and that should be his new dura.

If you try to organise your blog post so it is much easier to read and understand, I can ask some calc group members to help out again.

so by finding the speed of the bomb, i conclude that it was traveling at 294.029411765 km/s which is massively hypersonic, this is much more than i thought it would be traveling, so the new reaction speed for naota should be massively hypersonic(if it gets accepted). I also want to find a more accurate AP, So how do i calculate how much energy this bomb had, i have surface area, volume, speed, and weight, so what do i do?

Well, if nobody is willing to help, nothing is going to happen here.

For now lets just give him subsonic, until we can get a solid calc or i succeed in getting my calc accepted(like how mp100 got transonic for a little while until somebody found a solid speed).

Well, I suppose that is better than MFTL+, but "Unknown" would likely be safer.

this is very likely the mot poorly formatted calc blog I have ever seen

Since the topic is about speed, ill cover the speed part here, very short. The bomb moved from the exosphere(as thats where it appeared to initially be) in a few hours as it was stated that even before it entered lower atmosphere it was already to late to evacuate the city. since it was afternoon at the time that was stated ill give it a high ball of 2 hours. Since the exosphere goes up to 10000km, ill use that as the total distance, and ill use 2 hours as the time. Using distance over time, we get 1388 m/s. This would be supersonic+, if you guys want to rewatch the episode and comment on problems its fine by me.

It wasn’t written by me, and i plan to revise it(no need to be mean).
There is need to criticize. The formatting is awful and I have no idea what it is talking about 50% of the time. I watched the link and commented what the link actually led to, and that does not seem to line up with what the blog is about. The feat shown is a baseball being launched out of sight, fairly casually. What bomb? What "rocket glove"? Did you link the wrong feat? The wrong timestamp? ???

There is need to criticize. The formatting is awful and I have no idea what it is talking about 50% of the time. I watched the link and commented what the link actually led to, and that does not seem to line up with what the blog is about. The feat shown is a baseball being launched out of sight, fairly casually. What bomb? What "rocket glove"? Did you link the wrong feat? The wrong timestamp? ???
im fine with criticism, what im not fine with is being unnecessarily rude, which you were not, it was a simple misunderstanding. You lacked context, that wasn’t a baseball, it was a bomb, being thrown out of a “glove” it was symbolic. earlier in the episode they literally say “theres a satelite heading towards this city” Or something like that.

I'll try to soldier through and read this but it is pretty genuinely difficult. For the record, I don't have audio on, which may have explained why I interpreted the thing that looked like a baseball to be a baseball.

I'll try to soldier through and read this but it is pretty genuinely difficult. For the record, I don't have audio on, which may have explained why I interpreted the thing that looked like a baseball to be a baseball.
Yeah i noticed a LOT of grammatical errors in the blog, but i could still make out what it was saying.

I can make a new speed calc very easily and quickly, you said 100km, and i think the timeframe should be shorter, since the rocket was only drifting slightly downwards until it rocket boosted, what do you Think? Also, this is a military satellite, so it would actually be around 600-1200km upwards.

So if the blog is too badly formatted to be evaluated, should we use "Unknown" speed instead?

So if the blog is too badly formatted to be evaluated, should we use "Unknown" speed instead?
i already made a better formatted one that Makes more sense, going with 20km as the height, and 25s as the timeframe, it ended up being supersonic. Im waiting for it to be evaluated(i linked it here)

Okay. Please do so.

However, in the meantime it seems best if you change the speed to unknown for the relevant character profile page.

Back