• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor DMC Removal

Not dying to electricity, but still getting severely harmed by it means you don't have a resistance to it. I do remember having my attempts to give Peppino resistance to Electricity Manipulation be rejected for the same reason.
Since the supporters are allergic to posting scans for some reason lemme just-

Casual DMC goon, signing out.
dante-sparda.gif

I was waiting on some staff’s opinion regarding what case does qualify for resistance to electricity manip , but I ain’t complaining lmao

That could just be game mechanics.
Exactly

Any cutscene where he has no problem? I remember griffon, the sword, trish, the vampire, nelo cavaliere and the three headed dog in dmc 5. Does he no sell it in any of these?
Does blocking several with his sword count? Also ok the Trish instance, it strongly suggests he was faking all that, as he casually got up once she threw the motorcycle

We're not talking about some fodder enemy that you can easily destroy though, we're talking about a boss that's also kinda important to Mundus' army, whose copycat version would later go on to also harm Dante. You cannot use the "eh its an outlier because gameplay" argument.
You don't get, every enemy can kill you when you're playing the character, even things they Dante is shown to tank in cutscenes, like Dante vs lady in dmc3,

It is true, Trish clearly has stronger lightning than most of those other demons. But Dante did very clearly take no real damage from it.

You don't get, every enemy can kill you when you're playing the character, even things they Dante is shown to tank in cutscenes, like Dante vs lady in dmc3,
I do get it, I literally explained it in the post you replied to.
Guess we can wait for staff now.

Back