• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor DC Upgrade (Preacher)

Crazylatin77

VS Battles
Content Moderator
While I was gathering some feats for a Cassidy profile, I stumble upon feats for other characters with existing profiles that may or may not have to be revised, so here goes nothing. I'll post Cassidy's feats as well.

Warning: may contain graphic imagery

Jesse Custer

Attack Potency:
Managed to wound Cassidy in a fist fight (stats may change after the revision)

Durability: Tanked hits from Jody, who could beat the brains out of a gorilla and rip heads from human bodies with his bare hands

Additional Powers: Makes a man forget all the bad things Jesse's done to him (Memory Manipulation)

Makes people burn by telling them so (Fire Manipulation, probably Biological Manipulation)

Kills a man by yelling him to "die" (Death Manipulation, probably Biological Manipulation)

Saint of Killers

Striking Strength:
Stops a tank with a kick

Additional Powers: Kills a random guy with a stare (Death Manipulation)

Can see the ghosts of the people he killed, handing Jesse his Colt made him see them as well (Enhanced Senses)

God

Additional Powers:
He's God and created the universe (Creation, Immortality types 1 and 4)

Brought Tulip back from the dead (Life & Death Manipulation)

Burned alive his own archangel (Fire Manipulation)

Cassidy

Powers:
States to be 100 years old (Immortality types 1 and 3. I'll talk about his regen in a sec)

Summarizes most of his abilities (Enhanced Senses, Superhuman strength and speed, Resistance to Poison, Drugs and Toxins)

Stabs himself in the throat to avoid getting arrested. Wakes up in the morgue (Regenerationn)

Attack Potency: Broke Jesse's rib cage with one punch

Damages a wall by throwing someone at it

Destroyed an wooden door with a kick

Accidentaly killed his girlfriend by slapping her

Kicks a hole through a wall

Unintentionally broke an wooden table

Crushes a human skull with his bare hands

Speed: Aside from stating to be able to run 100 meters in 5 seconds, he doesn't display any notable speed feat

Lifting Strength: Throws an adult man across a room

Throws an overweight man through the window from the middle of a room

Rip someone's wrist with one hand

Striking Strength: see Attack Potency above

Durability/Regenerationn: Got shot in the head and kept driving

Survived being fusilladed. Twice

Survived being decapitated, needed his head to be sewed back to his body in order to regenerate

Slowly regenerated a lost arm

Survived being thrown several meters into the air by an explosion blast

Tanked several hits from Jesse

You preferably need calculations for the greatest of the above-mentioned feats.

In addition, living for a 100 years is most likely Longevity, not Immortality type 1.

Most of the new powers seem fine though.

Where does God's abstract existence came from? being the creator of the universe doesn't mean you're an abstract entity unless I'm missing something

Do you think some of Jesse's additional powers could classify as Biological Manipulation?

He probably could say "turn into a toad", and make it work if he wanted, but we should not use speculation for our profiles.

I will unlock them for you. Tell me here when you are done.

All right, I finished editing all the profiles. Now I just have to wait for the calcs to be done.

Okay. I will lock them then.

Now that Cassidy's durability feat was evaluated and approved, Jesse is now 9-B, right?

I do not know. Isn't Cassidy supposed to be much more physically durable than Jesse, due to being a vampire?

Weren't we going to perform some massive revisions on the Saint's profile a while back? What happened to that?

I do not have the time to read them. Can you summarise?

Well, the 8-C rating was supposed to be removed from his page, since the feat in question was performed with his guns. It was explained within the thread (by myself and others) that his guns are hax-based weapons which "kill" everything they shoot, including nonliving things such as the tanks he shot.

The Everlasting mentioned a calc on NF which puts him at High 6-A (it was of the feat where he froze hell with nothing but his own hatred), but he forgets where he saw it.

I don't think anything else was really "agreed upon" before the two threads just sort of...died. But nothing on the profile was changed, even after the discussions that were had.

Perhaps we should simply give him unknown attack potency and extreme durability negation instead then?

I feel like we should get Monarch and Ever in here, seeing as they appeared to be the two most knowledgeable members on SoK to show up in those two threads. I reckon their insight could be useful for this thing.

Probably fine to change his base form rating to Unknown for now, though.

Okay. Feel free to ask them to comment here then.

I don't remember Preacher all that well, it's been a long while since I read it.

However, there does seem to be a lot of unjustified stuff on God's profile. I don't remember him ever warping reality for one thing.

What are the other unjustified parts of the Preacher God profile?

In any case, feel free to adjust the Saint of Killer's statistics according to the discussion above.

I'd need to go through the series again, and right now I'm just not up for that much reading.

Pretty sure Low 2-C is unjustified though. Maybe 3-A.

Back