• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor additions for Jiang Ziya

Matter manipulation (35:59-36:23)

regeneration negation (mid-godly), here is the context on why:

Killed a demon and reverted her back to her original form of a soulless Jade pipa

context on why the soul is destroyed:

The demons tried to restore her soul first but failed due to his powers preventing it

proof on why soul destruction is involved

had to use the combined energy of 919 human souls to overcome his powers the restore her soul before transforming her back with a human body

Conceptual manipulation (context from here)

chinese to english translation

only usable when he uses his flag of course

How is the first Matter Manipulation? He fires a beam that seems to open a hole in a barrier, and then said beam phase through the the person inside before hitting the ground. Then the person dies, then fades away into sparkles. Without more context, I can't tell if that person got erased or if that's how they naturally die. The attack could also count as Durability Negation since it didn't leave any mark on the guy and phased through him.

Regeneration Negation seems fine but I'd like input from others first.

I'm not too well versed in Conceptual Manipulation but if the translation is correct then I guess it's fine.

Matter Manip: Without context, I have no way of telling whether him disappearing after death is the result of matter manip from the character.

Regeneration: That doesn't sound like mid-godly regeneration. For one thing I'm not sure about the soul destruction aspect. It says she needs to turn into a spirit before becoming a human, but is spirit equivalent to soul? It could also mean ghost in this context. They use souls to do that in the end, but that doesn't necessarily mean the power of the souls is used to restore a soul, instead of for example strengthen or repair an existing one.
However, even if we take it as restoring a soul, I don't see how it would be mid-godly regeneration. For one thing, she clearly couldn't do it on her own and needed the help of those other two. Additionally, she apparently needs the jade so that physical parts of her were left and she wasn't really erased.

Conceptual Manipulation: Representing a concept can be very figurative. I would want further evidence on this being something actually concept manipulation related, instead of just be manipulation/representation of the elements in flowery language.

Last edited:
Pretty much agree with LordGriffin and DontTalk

Matter Manip: Without context, I have no way of telling whether him disappearing after death is the result of matter manip from the character.

Regeneration: That doesn't sound like mid-godly regeneration. For one thing I'm not sure about the soul destruction aspect. It says she needs to turn into a spirit before becoming a human, but is spirit equivalent to soul? It could also mean ghost in this context. They use souls to do that in the end, but that doesn't necessarily mean the power of the souls is used to restore a soul, instead of for example strengthen or repair an existing one.
However, even if we take it as restoring a soul, I don't see how it would be mid-godly regeneration. For one thing, she clearly couldn't do it on her own and needed the help of those other two. Additionally, she apparently needs the jade so that physical parts of her were left and she wasn't really erased.

Conceptual Manipulation: Representing a concept can be very figurative. I would want further evidence on this being something actually concept manipulation related, instead of just be manipulation/representation of the elements in flowery language.
when a demon dies their true forms would appear such as a a three headed peacock, jade pipa, wind fire wheels, fire tipped spear. simply put, they die, their real body appears but in this scene the demon monkey's body simply vaporised without a trace.

as for the spirit is equivalent to the soul part...yes. ghosts, spirits and soul are the exact same in the verse as shown when the dragon god dies his soul/spirit/ghost would be sent to hell but however when the Jade pipa's human form dies, her soul was not sent to hell because her soul was destroyed, when the others tried to restore her soul, they failed due to Jiang's immense powers preventing the restoration which prevented them from restoring her soul and had to resort to using 919 human souls to restore her soul.

Last edited:
Are you sure the context for the concept manip is the right one? In the video it says 这先天五峰旗代表着金木水火土如今这五面旗子自相残杀所以导致五行紊乱 however in the translation you gave its 这先天五峰旗代表概念着金木水火土如今这五面旗子自相残杀所以导致五行紊乱 (the term概念is randomly thrown into the sentence messing up the grammar) imgur wasn't working properly for me so I went to the thread for the translation request which I believe is this one (the quote in the OP of the thread of proper grammar.) The problem here is 概念means concept and without it in the sentence it would be better to translate it as The five XianTianWuFeng flags (I am not sure if he is referencing one flag or five) represent gold(referring to all metals I believe), wood, water, fire, and earth. for the first sentence.

Are you sure the context for the concept manip is the right one? In the video it says 这先天五峰旗代表着金木水火土如今这五面旗子自相残杀所以导致五行紊乱 however in the translation you gave its 这先天五峰旗代表概念着金木水火土如今这五面旗子自相残杀所以导致五行紊乱 (the term概念is randomly thrown into the sentence messing up the grammar) imgur wasn't working properly for me so I went to the thread for the translation request which I believe is this one (the quote in the OP of the thread of proper grammar.) The problem here is 概念means concept and without it in the sentence it would be better to translate it as The five XianTianWuFeng flags (I am not sure if he is referencing one flag or five) represent gold(referring to all metals I believe), wood, water, fire, and earth. for the first sentence.
well oof, i got the other one from another source on youtube but that source was from another translated episode uploaded on youtube but was privatized and had no chinese subs, so I guess I heard wrong.

and yes it refers to all the flags

matter manipulation seems abit iffy, yes the true form of the monkey demon is erased along with his original form, but its probably just some form of existence erasure.

regeneration negation seems solid, similar to emperor's EE on a smaller scale tho, ngl.

What's left that needs to be clarified?

Patience. These things take time sometimes.

I'm not exactly an expert on the verse either so I don't really know what to say. I'm neutral on the information you posted, but DT is the one you probably want an answer from. You should probably leave a polite message on his wall asking him to take a look at your response.

Patience. These things take time sometimes.

I'm not exactly an expert on the verse either so I don't really know what to say. I'm neutral on the information you posted, but DT is the one you probably want an answer from. You should probably leave a polite message on his wall asking him to take a look at your response.
alright.

I'm also not an expert, I just got told in a conversation to come here, I didn't post any info but yes I should PM DT about this.

when a demon dies their true forms would appear such as a a three headed peacock, jade pipa, wind fire wheels, fire tipped spear. simply put, they die, their real body appears but in this scene the demon monkey's body simply vaporised without a trace.
Yeah, but... again, context is needed. Is that existence erasure, matter manipulation, absorption, purification or any other ability that can make someone disappear? Does it work just on demons in general, this particular demon or even all creatures?

as for the spirit is equivalent to the soul part...yes. ghosts, spirits and soul are the exact same in the verse as shown when the dragon god dies his soul/spirit/ghost would be sent to hell but however when the Jade pipa's human form dies, her soul was not sent to hell because her soul was destroyed, when the others tried to restore her soul, they failed due to Jiang's immense powers preventing the restoration which prevented them from restoring her soul and had to resort to using 919 human souls to restore her soul.
But... a ghost can also be sent to hell?

That aside, where does it say it's his power preventing the resurrection? What they say is that it took 100 years for her to become a spirit last time. Couldn't the souls just have been used to speed up that process?

In any case, it would be more like power null against soul creation than negating mid-godly regen. She is still considered to exist in form of the pipa, after all, so it was never restoration form nothingness.

In any case, it would be more like power null against soul creation than negating mid-godly regen. She is still considered to exist in form of the pipa, after all, so it was never restoration form nothingness.
Look's like something similar to Frisk's regeneration and resurrection afaik albeit it's in the form of outside help rather then from one's self.

Yeah, but... again, context is needed. Is that existence erasure, matter manipulation, absorption, purification or any other ability that can make someone disappear? Does it work just on demons in general, this particular demon or even all creatures?
in the verse only demons have the "true body" thing in their physiology prior to using magic to create a human body s I'm just pressing mor at least possibly matter manipulation.
But... a ghost can also be sent to hell?

That aside, where does it say it's his power preventing the resurrection? What they say is that it took 100 years for her to become a spirit last time. Couldn't the souls just have been used to speed up that process?

alright then null against soul creation

What needs to be concluded here? To me it looks like everything has been answered.

Well, DT said he'd be unavailable for a while, so I guess you'll have to politely ask him again to respond and wait patiently. I would help, but I can't confidently help.

Back