• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor 7-B Adjustment

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
For accuracy's sake, I had decided to check City level's minimum using Nukemap Classic and the formula used here: http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Nwfaq/Nfaq5.html

This is because this had been used as reference points in Vs debates in quite a while. Currently, we have City Level listed at 6.3 megatons minimum. Thing is, that's actually wrong. The standard for City Level set by the OBD is 5 kilometers in radius. Now, the formula used to determine the radius covered (we use 20 psi overpressure for destructive capacity and attack potency) is as follows:

R=Y^0.33*0.28

Where R is the radius of the blast in kilometers, and Y is the yield of the blast. If we wanna go backwards, well, tough luck getting a formula, because this forum doesn't have a mathematics formula function for some reason and there's no text-based way to input roots.

In any case, the method is just going backwards with a given distance. In any case, here's the work.:

5=Y^0.33*.28
5/0.28=17.8571428571428
Y^0.33=17.8571428571428
Y=6213.976623

So the yield here is actually 6213.976623 kilotons, which should put City Level's real minimum at 6.21 Megatons. If we strive for accuracy, why not actually account for this?

Before you ask, yes, it's a bit soon for me to be making this CRT, but I'm still sour about people turning a blind eye towards this even years after my discovery.

I remember the radius that was used for city level was 10 km, you sure at 5 km it's only a 0.09 megaton change?

Back