• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mid Godly vs High Godly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Mid godly is = regereation from nothing and high godly = regen even when the reality in which it is located is destroyed but the level of Regenerationn is essentially the same not? It is on the same scale that regenerate even when your existence is completely erase no?

No, it's different. If we use a computer as an example, Mid-Godly regen would be regenerating after being completely deleted, while High-Godly woul be regenerating even if someone formatted it.

In the first case, you are reduced to nothing, but you can regenerate from the existence that is still everywhere. In the second one, "existence" isn't a thing anymore, so you have to regenerate from non-existance.

Like that:

If you have mid-godly you can regenerate from the 1, if you have high-godly you can regenerate from both 1 and 0.

^ This can be tanked with mid-godly.

^ this can't, you need high-godly.

I'm bad at explaining lol. What i meant is that for high-godly you don't need anything to exist to regenerate, for mid-godly you do. Second example is probably more confusing than anything

Using the aforementioned example in a simplified way...

Let's say you are data.

Mid godly is if someone deleted your data from the pc and you came back in said PC.

High godly is if someone deleted your data then proceeded to break the PC to pieces, burn it to ashes and let them scatter to the winds and also broke every PC in existence in the same way, then you somehow came back. There isn't even a medium or reality of any kind for you to exist in anymore yet you still come back.

@Kaltias & FateAlbane That is pretty much the way that I have understood it as well.

So from FateAlbane's example, I would just say that if

• character = program
  • existence = The data for that program
  • reality = The PC and its hardware
Mid-Godly Regenerationn would be said program regenerating from being thrown into the garbage bin and being permanently erased, as there would be no traces of said program left over after this has been completed (Basically, you are regenerating from absolutely nothing).

High-Godly Regenerationn would be said program regenerating after the hard drive in your PC has been completely erased, as well as the PC being completely destroyed in the process.

But then, a question pops up in my head regarding Mid-Godly Regenerationn. Looking at the Regenerationn page, it states that

• Mid-Godly: Able to regenerate from nothing.
This would still mean that said character is able to regen from having its existence erased, as long as the reality that the character is currently in still exists, correct?

Since the reality in High Godly is usually all of existence (as in, dimensional existence), a High Godly character could come back from literally all concepts within dimensions and traces of reality being erased along with it... That should be pretty accurate, yes.

Usually the line between Mid and High godly is that, like the data example, there is somewhere, a reality, where you can regenerate to.

As for High, there isn't any possible means or reality for you to possibly come back to, so unless proved otherwise I believe in this case it would be assumed, that Mid-Godly regenerators would be stuck in non-existence anyways. Like, all paths are shut, you are nothing and there's nothing for you to come back to.

Like, even if the program could come back, there's no PC for it to come back to so it's stuck not existing one way or another. It can't come back to reality from non-existence because there's no reality at all.

Let's say Bob has his existence erased in a house. He has Mid-Godly regen and manages to regenerate from that.

But let's say Bob once again has his existence erased in that house. But now the house is destroyed as well, meaning the reality, the size of that house, is erased. Everything outside the house is ok, but the area in which the character's existence is erased doesn't exist anymore. Can he still come back with Mid-Godly regen? I am assuming that Mid-Godly Regenerationn doesn't allow him to regenerate anywhere he wants and that he is forced to regenerate in the same area he was killed. Is that true, or do you have to destroy reality on a universal or infinite scale?

The Reality in High-Godly equals all of reality within dimensions, that's why it used to be the highest level we had.

It's pretty simple, really. Still with the example above, see the PC as "Reality/dimensional existence".

A Mid-Godly Regenerationn would be akin to the data reappearing in a PC after erasure. A High-Godly would be the data "regenerating" despite having no PC to come back to.

There would be no PC, no hardware, no software but you would still "see" the data coming back right in front of you by itself, utterly independent of any reality despite the lack of any medium or concepts that should, by all means, be necessary for it to exist.

Are there any characters that have High-Godly that shouldn't in that case? Only High Godly characters I can think of off the top of my head are White Face, Yggdrasil, SCP-239(?), and Swamp Thing.

Well for White Face, the computer metaphor comes more in the form of "A character in a video game surviving even after the destruction of the game". I think that'd be the same as above (A video game character is obviously limited to its video game and can't exist at all outside of it)

@Cal 239 got her profile recently, so the best approach for her would be to make a CRT with the feats explained and get input from the community to see what level of regen she has. I believe Weekly plans to do that, when he's not busy with more important stuff do to on the wiki.

Yggdrasil, Dragon will want to kill you for suggesting it.

The others, I don't know a thing about them.

Mid-Godly grants you the ability to regenerate even if you got eraseed, but you need a reference point to come back, the reality that youu ate within or come from.

High-Godly do the same, but you can come back without the reference point, because now there is the purest form of nothingness: The void without any concept or existence.

By the way, I think you are overthinking here.

You don't need to regenerate from High 1-B destruction to be High-Godly.

You just need to regenerate from your verse being destroyed.

Also, the OBD definition of High-Godly, which is where we take from, is even less demanding. IT just says that you need to regenerate if you + your universe / reality are erased from existence.

Doesn't need to be the whole setting.

Most simplified way ever:

Write something in a piece of paper.

Mid godly>> Erase what you've just written. The letters reappear by themselves.

High Godly >> Erase what you've just written. Burn the piece of paper to ashes and scatter them to the winds. Now watch as the letters reappear floating right in front of you anyways.

I think that the point has been thoroughly properly explained. Perhaps we should close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back