• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Michael Myers (Reboot) Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see a AP upgrade, but I feel Myers' speed is overstated. He doesn't really have much supporting a peak human rating. Maybe athletic or something, but not peak.

I disagree. Michael has a number of good speed feats. He regularly moves great distances when people look away for short periods of time.

Laurie looks up to answer a question, takes about 10 seconds; Michael, who was waiting outside his car, is gone, with his car, when she looks back. Oscar looks away from Michael briefly, and the motion sensor lights go off and he reappears in front of him.

And, you know, reboot Michael slaughtered 4 armed guards when they were right next to him extremely quickly and similarly disappears and reappears all the time. Guy's fast.

Okay. Feel free to change back his speed statistic then.

Could be slasher porting, but other killers like him have often outsped bullets and whatnot, so...

Meh.

Better to assume Michael's just fast than actually teleporting.

Promestein said:
I disagree. Michael has a number of good speed feats. He regularly moves great distances when people look away for short periods of time.

Laurie looks up to answer a question, takes about 10 seconds; Michael, who was waiting outside his car, is gone, with his car, when she looks back. Oscar looks away from Michael briefly, and the motion sensor lights go off and he reappears in front of him.

And, you know, reboot Michael slaughtered 4 armed guards when they were right next to him extremely quickly and similarly disappears and reappears all the time. Guy's fast.
None of those things are really peak human though. Maybe the last one, but that was retconned in the director's cut. Plus there's just the vaeious instances where people have kept with or outsped Michael, like Laurie or Busta Rhymes. I get athletic human, but I don't believe that he's consistently peak human

Because the guy walks everywhere. He moves in quicker bursts when he wants to, but most of the time he walks everywhere. His fastest movements are in very short bursts.

Sure, but at no point would I call him peak human. He's not fast like a pro martial artist and has been avoided before. Athletic Human or at least Athletic Human fits far better with his consistent speed than peak human

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back