• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I basically share Damage's thoughts about waiting for the anime depiction. Because the Nomu being in the air after the blast ended isn't proof it wasn't hit directly on. But right now we can't really prove that it wasn't or was directly hit with 100% certainty, so waiting for the anime version is our best bet.

However, to me it seems like the manga is heavily implying she directly punched the missiles into the Nomu. Right now we'll stick with the current calculation, unless someone has another problem with the calc?
But still the 1/10 th assumption is wrong. We should at least try to make an estimate using the surface area method as currently, it possible gives inflated results. It's like saying that a fly survived getting hit by a truck, so its durability should be 1/10th.

I might be wrong and everyone else might be wrong too regarding whether or not it was hit but it just seems outright silly to just make assumptions in cases where the entire scaling of a series changes.

While surface area-related calculations is fine and all, and the 1/10 scaling indeed seemed like an arbitrary value agreed on the previous CRT...

Concluding that Star somehow missed a stationary target, which was used specifically as a decoy, is very absurd in all accounts.
We don't use the inverse square law calc if the target was in point blank range to the explosion. Her punching the missiles into the Nomu as we believe, is as close as anyone can possibly get to the missiles, excluding the possibly of somehow growing giant and swallowing them.

Unless someone can provide a panel of the Nomu being a certain distance away from impact point, before the missiles went off, there is no way to calc via surface area. The Nomu's position after the explosion means nothing, as the explosion is finished at that point and anything could've happened.

If the anime shows her hitting the Nomu directly with the missiles, the calc is fine as is. We use one missile for scaling as a low ball, since being directly hit with this attack didn't kill the Nomu, but it was massively injure. It almost killed and might've been dying for all we know. Just not strong enough to destroy the brain instantly.

A single missile would do far less damage. So we agreed that scaling them to 1 missile should be alright, as they would 100% survive a direct hit from it and it wouldn't almost kill them like it did for the 10 missile explosion. The Nomu survived, albeit barely, but still survived a 6-C level attack directly hitting it.

We don't use the inverse square law calc if the target was in point blank range to the explosion. Her punching the missiles into the Nomu as we believe, is as close as anyone can possibly get to the missiles, excluding the possibly of somehow growing giant and swallowing them.

Unless someone can provide a panel of the Nomu being a certain distance away from impact point, before the missiles went off, there is no way to calc via surface area. The Nomu's position after the explosion means nothing, as the explosion is finished at that point and anything could've happened.

If the anime shows her hitting the Nomu directly with the missiles, the calc is fine as is. We use one missile for scaling as a low ball, since being directly hit with this attack didn't kill the Nomu, but it was massively injure. It almost killed and might've been dying for all we know. Just not strong enough to destroy the brain instantly.

A single missile would do far less damage. So we agreed that scaling them to 1 missile should be alright, as they would 100% survive a direct hit from it and it wouldn't almost kill them like it did for the 10 missile explosion. The Nomu survived, albeit barely, but still survived a 6-C level attack directly hitting it.
Ok, fine then.

I don't even understand how Star could miss when both the Nomu and Shigaraki were pinned by the laser.

Shigaraki then decays the ocean floor and throws the Nomu as a decoy the moment Star punches towards him with the missiles.

For the Nomu to dodge that attack and not be at the epicenter, Shigaraki had to toss it far away from the explosion's epicenter. For the Nomu to be a decoy, it had to take Shigaraki's place in order to fool Star that Shigaraki was hit. That's the purpose of a decoy. To fool others. If it didn't take Shigaraki's place then it isn't a decoy.

Yeah, there is some real intellectual dishonesty happening hear. Pure head-canon.

In the next MHA downgrade thread, we should discuss why Deku didn't get blown away by doing 100% OFA punches, just like how the NHE didn't get blown away by the missiles. Or how Bakugo's explosions are below average human level because it never kills anyone. /s

In any case, I think the thread has already been thoroughly debunked anyways, not that it actually had any legs.

Yeah, there is some real intellectual dishonesty happening hear. Pure head-canon.

In the next MHA downgrade thread, we should discuss why Deku didn't get blown away by doing 100% OFA punches, just like how the NHE didn't get blown away by the missiles. Or how Bakugo's explosions are below average human level because it never kills anyone. /s

In any case, I think the thread has already been thoroughly debunked anyways, not that it actually had any legs.
Agreed

I strongly disagree with the downgrade and I side with Earthy. As I said before, the Nomu could be in the air for any reason such as the author not understanding physics at the moment and choosing to put the Nomu in the air to make it convenient for Shigaraki to blow it up or any other possibility.

If you insist we could wait for the anime to provide an outlook on this detail but I would still be 100% sure Star would have hit the Nomu.

I think this argument that she missed is very silly I mean they were sure that she hit it that why horikoshi made it clear that they had been tricked, they thought that it was over if it didn’t hit properly they wouldn’t be so sure that they had hit him directly also, your logic can also be used as a counter,
Why are we using the force of only one missle we are literally using the absolute base amount of damage taken when it could easily be way higher, we know it took the damage of the missle but we don’t know how many was needed to put it in that state but it had to be at least one because after ten it was still able to function ,so this downgrade is just silly and illogically

We're not using the absolute base amount of damage actually, at least I don't think so, since we don't actually account for crossectional area for the Nomu in order to get how much damage it actually took

sure we are not using the absolute base but we are using damn well close to it, we are using only 1 missiles out of ten of them, when we dont know how many it took

Again, we don't really know if that's true. Even taking a direct hit, to say that the nomu might just lack the surface area to tank anything close to ten percent of the AP of the attack. One missile was more chosen for lack of ability to find anything more accurate, not because it's the most accurate or even close to it.

Again, we don't really know if that's true. Even taking a direct hit, to say that the nomu might just lack the surface area to tank anything close to ten percent of the AP of the attack. One missile was more chosen for lack of ability to find anything more accurate, not because it's the most accurate or even close to it.
But that could also literally be said in the opposite direction we don’t really know so it could of been waay more

Back