• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
SPOILERS FOR MHA CHAPTER 330

So I just read the chapter and there was a "laser" attack, is it considered a real laser attack?
I dont think it is because it doesnt fit the criteria and it bends in an unnatural way but just wanted to as y'all to be sure

Here are the panels

Let's just get to the brass tracks -- lasers on jets are a possibility.
Now...

Primary evidence​
Supporting evidence​
  • They shine when fired
  • They burned Tomura's chest like real lasers would
  • They are intangible, and both Tomura and Stars needed unique Quirks to interact with them

The lasers only broke shape and curved when Stars and Stripes used her Chaos Mag- imposed a new rule that allowed herself to hold them. Besides, it does not even look like the lasers themselves is what was bent -- just what was left since in the previous page, we see Stars is already shot.

Let's just get to the brass tracks -- lasers on jets are a possibility.
Now...

Primary evidence​
Supporting evidence​
  • They shine when fired
  • They burned Tomura's chest like real lasers would
  • They are intangible, and both Tomura and Stars needed unique Quirks to interact with them

The lasers only broke shape and curved when Stars and Stripes used her Chaos Mag- imposed a new rule that allowed herself to hold them. Besides, it does not even look like the lasers themselves is what was bent -- just what was left since in the previous page, we see Stars is already shot.
Not a strong feat but MHA is in the future and the lasers are from american jets so considering that the news you give is from 2020 and jets will be done in 2025 makes it even more realistic

Lets see
Pros:
Comes from a realistic light source: check
Stated to be light( it is a laser): check

Cons:
Bends:check

Let's not talk about this until the chapter official comes out with clean scans and the official translation. However the laser bends because a character with Law Manipulation used her power to create a rule that allows her to hold the laser. So I don't believe that should be considered a strike against it.

It acts like light as it moves in a straight line and it both reflects and refracts.

Let's not talk about this until the chapter official comes out with clean scans and the official translation. However the laser bends because a character with Law Manipulation used her power to create a rule that allows her to hold the laser. So I don't believe that should be considered a strike against it.

It acts like light as it moves in a straight line and it both reflects and refracts.
It is better to wait i guess

So was I ignored?

Let's not talk about this until the chapter official comes out. Also outlier implies anti feats, to which there are none for these level of characters. Not only that but we have no idea where Star will scale to, she isn't going to be FTL or even relativistic with this feat. A quick calc put her around baseline Sub-relativistic results, though it could be lower.

No one scales to the full speed of these lasers.

So was I ignored?

Let's not talk about this until the chapter official comes out. Also outlier implies anti feats, to which there are none for these level of characters. Not only that but we have no idea where Star will scale to, she isn't going to be FTL or even relativistic with this feat. A quick calc put her around baseline Sub-relativistic results, though it could be lower.

No one scales to the full speed of these lasers.
No matter what she would scale to it would be a thousand times higher than anything the verse has, and yes the shigaraki she is fighting would be the anti feat unless shigaraki became thousands of times faster. In the end before we get our hopes up if it is a legit feat, it would be considered an outlier until the verse has many more of such feats

No matter what she would scale to it would be a thousand times higher than anything the verse has, and yes the shigaraki she is fighting would be the anti feat unless shigaraki became thousands of times faster. In the end before we get our hopes up if it is a legit feat, it would be considered an outlier until the verse has many more of such feats
The characters scale to like Mach 240 or so, Sub-Relativistic is Mach 8,800 so it's not thousands of times as you said, it's 36x faster.

Are the speed feats in MHA even the upper cap of the characters?

Incredible, wait until the chapter officially comes out.

Shigaraki was able to jump towards her, and even propelled himself with Air Cannon it seems. Yet she was able to jump towards him right after and punch him in the face, before he could touch her.

Also I've gotten a LS laser calc with Hypersonic results, how about you don't judge something until the calc actually comes out?

Last edited:
Back