• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MHA: Lifting Strength Upgrades

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay so this is going to be a smaller revision thread. But we have some lifting strength calculations that have been accepted which calls for some upgrades.

Flect Turn's Lifting Strength (Ignore Blog Title): 2211066.36 Tons of Force (Class G)

Edit: Made my own blog post of an updated version of the calc, taking into account the second crater that is made from the same kick.

Flect Turn's Lifting Strength: 21282169.446 Tons of Force (Class G)

This scales to 20% Izuku, not for kicking Flect, but being able to grapple with him and push him back in a physical clash.

However there is some scaling here that should be mentioned.

Nine (Restrained): In the second MHA movie Nine attempts to steal OFA and is able to hold 20% Izuku, who is clearly struggling but cannot break free.

Ryukyu: During the war she is able to stop and grab Shigaraki mid jump, who is stated to be moving faster than before. While earlier Shigaraki easily broke out of a hold from 30% with a small jump. Considering 30% was overpowered by a small movement while she stopped his jump dead on while he was pushing past his limits.

Should they scale to this value as well?

Also since we're here, there is also this calc for Sir Nighteye that places his Lifting Strength at Class K.

Would this be fine to apply or does anyone have any issues with this or the above?

Last edited:
To give my own opinion.

It's the same as Therefir.

Neutral with Nine, but I'm alright with everything else.

Agree to everything.

As for Nine, I think it’s logical to assume he was fully restraining 20%. He blocked his kick then grabbed his head to take his Quirk, but Deku struggled the whole time, seemingly before the effects were even taking place though the process was pretty quick to start up.

I’d personally say that the likelihood that Nine restrained his full power rather than a small portion (due to the transfer process making Deku weaker) is quite high.

Flect Turn's Lifting Strength (Ignore Blog Title): 2211066.36 Tons of Force (Class G)

Does this really count as Lifting Strength?

By which I mean Flect's Quirk is still active at this point in the fight even if it has been weakened. I don't think Flect used solely physical strength to block Izuku's kick.

By which I mean Flect's Quirk is still active at this point in the fight even if it has been weakened. I don't think Flect used solely physical strength to block Izuku's kick.
Izuku is actually in contact with him. And he's blocking with his arms and pushes him away. With Reflect he doesn't do that. Since his movement isn't needed. He's starting to actually have to push back because Izuku's attacks are actually reaching him.

Not only that but the energy that hits the floor is energy that wasn't reflected, which means it went through Flect and broke the floor. He was shown to be physically affected by Izuku's attacks beforehand, being pushed back and the like. If Flect had reflected the energy the floor wouldn't be crushed.

This stuff only happens because Izuku was starting to overpower his Quirk. So yes this is indeed lifting strength for him.

It’s Flect‘s quirk blocking the entire blow’s damage on Him, but the floor getting wrecked under him is a physical blow which went past it, we see in the gifs above that Flect can be pushed back even when using his quirk, so yeah that’s him resisting the entire thing

For this particular feat, Deku is actually touching Flect with his axe kick, meaning Flect is physically withstanding and pushing back against the force destroying the ground. His Reflect quirk just took the brunt of it and the calc is what was left over for Flect to block himself, which is Class G.

What is being calculated is the force that Flect Turn's body is being pressed/pushed against the ground by Deku's kick.

Since neither his arms nor his legs gave in to that force, this should scale to his lifting strength.

Not sure why four people needed to respond to the same point, but okay.

Back