• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I've saw some coments about the SA fight, people complain more about the animation and the duration, they most agreed with the outcome, as am I

Who knows if mental attacks like Mewtwo's would even work on some one powered by the Emeralds though.

I dunno, the fight left a bad taste in my mouth. It seemed like they gave Shadow a "weak" memory to secure a win for Mewtwo.

KaitoWu said:
Who knows if mental attacks like Mewtwo's would even work on some one powered by the Emeralds though.
I dunno, the fight left a bad taste in my mouth. It seemed like they gave Shadow a "weak" memory to secure a win for Mewtwo.
Ummm, Shadow suffered from amnesia more than once. Doesn't sound like a strong memory to me

Shadow's memory was either directly altered or suffered from reentry and the impact back to earth.

Even when he woke up again in Sonic Heroes, the first thing he did despitr not remebering prior events was to dodge machine gun fire and attempt to strike Omega. So, he can and would still fight if his memory were compromised.

KaitoWu said:
Shadow's memory was either directly altered or suffered from reentry and the impact back to earth.
Even when he woke up again in Sonic Heroes, the first thing he did despitr not remebering prior events was to dodge machine gun fire and attempt to strike Omega. So, he can and would still fight if his memory were compromised.
Unless those specific memories were erased, which Mewtwo is more than capable of doing

Which specific memories? And that's assuming Mewtwo would be fast ebough to do that (if speed is not equalised).

Doesnt that kinda sound NLF'ish? Just because Shadow has remembered how to fight after getting memory wiped from low to mid tier TKs in the games doesnt mean he could go up against high tier ones from other verses. Saying he can still remember how to fight after getting his mind erased from telepaths that can wipe memories down to nothing sounds NLF

Also, ignoring speed and durability, can it just be the case that Mewtwo always has his shields up? And can anyone tell me does Mewtwo scale of of non legendaries like Alazakam, Metagross, Elgeym, etc.?

KaitoWu said:
That sounds more like instinct then remembering how to fight. Its common sense to do that when your being attacked out of nowhere, even when you're memory is taken. What would Shadow do, just stand there?

FictionalBlade101 said:
KaitoWu said:
That sounds more like instinct then remembering how to fight. Its common sense to do that when your being attacked out of nowhere, even when you're memory is taken. What would Shadow do, just stand there?
That's exactly what happened in the animation for the DB actually.

FictionalBlade101 said:
Doesnt that kinda sound NLF'ish? Just because Shadow has remembered how to fight after getting memory wiped from low to mid tier TKs in the games doesnt mean he could go up against high tier ones from other verses. Saying he can still remember how to fight after getting his mind erased from telepaths that can wipe memories down to nothing sounds NLF
Also, ignoring speed and durability, can it just be the case that Mewtwo always has his shields up? And can anyone tell me does Mewtwo scale of of non legendaries like Alazakam, Metagross, Elgeym, etc.?
I think an issue here is inconsistent showings depending on which source you wanna go off. Origins Mewtwo fought a long battle, but ultimate lost to Mega Charizard, Movie Mewtwo was being taken down by Team Rocket and Genesect Mewtwo's life was in danger from reentry.

Only one version of Mewtwo was ever shown to memory wipe.

KaitoWu said:
FictionalBlade101 said:
I think an issue here is inconsistent showings depending on which source you wanna go off. Origins Mewtwo fought a long battle, but ultimate lost to Mega Charizard, Movie Mewtwo was being taken down by Team Rocket and Genesect Mewtwo's life was in danger from reentry.
Only one version of Mewtwo was ever shown to memory wipe.
Idk about Origins cuz thats just the anime version of game mewtwo, whos featless

Movie Mewtwo purposely let them capture him so that the cloned pokemon wouldnt be in danger

Genesect Movie Mewtwo......reentry? Into the atmosphere?

It could be argued that mewtwo in other sources has never needed a real reason to memory wipe other than first movie mewtwo

Well still shadow blitzs even if his memory is wiped he would still know how to punch still be 10000 faster if somehow Mewtwo pulls off his mind wipe on shadow (in a non speed equalized battle)

Huesito88 said:
Well still shadow blitzs even if his memory is wiped he would still know how to punch still be 10000 faster if somehow Mewtwo pulls off his mind wipe on shadow (in a non speed equalized battle)
Knowing how to punch still is one thing. Moving at those kinds of speeds is another thing. Punching is a basic skill that anyone has and can easily be relearned, depsite memory loss

Shadow however wouldnt remember how to pick up or use that kind of speed in mid battle like he normally could.

Even then, speed blitzing isnt a guaranteed win, DK vs Knuckles is a perfect example

FictionalBlade101 said:
Huesito88 said:
Knowing how to punch still is one thing. Moving at those kinds of speeds is another thing. Punching is a basic skill that anyone has and can easily be relearned, depsite memory loss
Shadow however wouldnt remember how to pick up or use that kind of speed in mid battle like he normally could.

Even then, speed blitzing isnt a guaranteed win, DK vs Knuckles is a perfect example
He does just that though. He forgets who he is or why he is where he is, but his fighting abilities remain intact. After he woke up in Sonic Heroes, he led Omega and Rouge through level after level while still wondering who he is.

KaitoWu said:
FictionalBlade101 said:
Huesito88 said:

He does just that though. He forgets who he is or why he is where he is, but his fighting abilities remain intact. After he woke up in Sonic Heroes, he led Omega and Rouge through level after level while still wondering who he is.
Yes but that can also be considered a No Limit Fallacy to say Shadow will automatically keep his knowledge of fighting no matter what TK he faces when he has never shown to deal with such lvl of TK. Thats like saying Shadow can get passed Doctor Stranges or any mid to high lvl TK in Marvel/DC. With the exception of instinct, there is a limit to what Shadows mind can deal with

^iirc, Prom said cuz are bashing another community (SA) and that isn't allowed; and possible this comment and the above one would be deleted too cuz is off-topic

I just thought of something.

Shouldnt Mewtwo technically have the reaction speed/thought process to keep up with Shadow?

Because Mewtwo effortlessly stomped Alakazam in a pure psychic battle and the AVERAGE Alakzam's brain constantly multiplies endlessly until it dies, basically its brain forever grows while its alive. And surely that should surpass even pokemon like Elgeym who have FTL+ thought processes

Either way, shouldnt this be taken into account?

Mewtwo wins with little to no difficulty. Mewtwo has Me First (Precognition) that allows him to predict anything he can and will do and his Telekinesis works on Shadow (Silver's Telekinesis affects Shadow, and as far as I know Mewtwo's Telekinesis is far stronger.)

Mewtwo may not be as fast, but his utility makes Shadow's speed incredibly irrelevant.

That's why he won in Death Battle. Shadow has Invincibility as Super Shadow? That's neat. He'll use disable on Chaos Control, wait out the timer, and strike swiftly.

Mr.Malewhipper said:
why are they equalizing speed that really puts shadow more at a disadvantage
Because the speed gap is too wide. It wouldn't be fair. Equalizing speed allows battles like this to happen. Otherwise we'd hear "Shadow Blitzes" the whole time...

Back