• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok, as a Pokemon fan, I can safely say Mewtwo has this Death Battle. First off, here's Mewtwo's move list:

http://serebii.net/pokedex-xy/150.shtml

Note the moves Power Swap, Guard Swap, and Psych Up. Mewtwo can literally steal, and/or copy, boosts from his opponent. Like, say, when Shadow goes Super, or drops his inhibitor rings, or both.

The ability Pressure=the opponent tires quicker

Future Sight implies he can, well, see the future, and attack from there

Disable seals off the last move an opponent used for a time, though only one move can be sealed at a time

Miracle Eye allows an evasive target to be hit, no matter how fast he is

Recover is a self-heal move, something Shadow lacks

Aura Sphere never misses

Me First basically makes Shadow's, or anyone's, moves Mewtwo's with greater power

And that's just his basic pool. Take all that plus 2 Mega Forms (that Mewtwo proved it can freely transform into without a stone in the Genesect movie), Shadow is screwed

^most of it is aside from Me First in which is accepted to a certain extent.. But we may be able to transition them into VsBattle mechanics.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
^most of it is aside from Me First in which is accepted to a certain extent.. But we may be able to transition them into VsBattle mechanics.
Yeah. For example:

Say Shadow uses Chaos Blast, and it weakens Mewtwo. Disable prevents Shadow from using it again.

Swift and Aura Sphere are homing attacks. Heck, they're displayed that way in the series...at least Swift is.

Miracle Eye makes every attack a homing attack.

I've explained the others in previous threads.

Shadows Chaos rift from Sonic Chronicles can BFR, freezing time even if disabled after the first use can be a game changer. Hero, Dark shadow are invincible to a degree, Chaos sphere us more or less swift.

Not sure how many moves Screw attack will let Metro have for the death battle, it might comes down to stats depending on how the more game mechanic moves are interpreted. Even if Shadow loses I think he is giving Mewtwo some trouble.

And Mewtwo has Higher AP and speed is equalized along with 2 different Mega Forms along with many psychic moves up his non-existent sleeve...Anyway we need scores how many are for shadow and how many are for Mewtwo?

6-Mewtwo 2-Shadow

Some people didn't specify who and only implied so I didn't count them

And if i'm not mistaken some people are taking into account Shadow Mewtwo and I did count them but i'm not sure if i'm getteng SMT stats confused with regular MT so I do want someone to help me confirm this

mewtwo

but only cause of speed equalize

in deathbattle should be a stomp for Shadow. MFTL vs not even lightspeed = shadow can literaly run millions of laps across the planet and use all of his abilities before mewtwo even knows anything happened.

^yeah it would be a speedstomp...Like Tifa's match was or Pikachu's or a lot of characters. I doubt the speed gap would be large considering SA.

A DB Fan named Jake said:
Saitamax said:
mewtwo can't manipulate time
he wiped the people's memories with psychic powers.
Then explain how everything reverted back to before they set out to Mewtwo's island at the end of the first movie
This^

Mewtwo literally reset everything back to the way it was BEFORE they left for his island. Everyone was even in the exact same spot at the exact same setting. If it was just simple teleporting and memory wiping, then everyone at the pokemon center would have been questioning where they went, especially Nurse Joy who was missing at the time. It was completely the same scene as it was eariler in the movie except for edited details

Even Mewtwo's storm that was there was totally wiped off the face of the earth which also implies Mewtwo can pick and choose which events to happen and not happen in time.

He wiped the memories of the Pokémon center plus we never see the people at the Pokémon center'stage reaction, maybe they DID notice but we're mind wiped later, as for the storm he could have simply dispersed it. If Mewtwo had the kinda of time control powers then no one would be able to even challenge him at all. Does he ever control time at any other point?

Dpolaristar said:
He wiped the memories of the Pokémon center plus we never see the people at the Pokémon center'stage reaction, maybe they DID notice but we're mind wiped later, as for the storm he could have simply dispersed it. If Mewtwo had the kinda of time control powers then no one would be able to even challenge him at all. Does he ever control time at any other point?
There isnt any evidence of the pokemon center being purely memory wiped. The only ones who specifically had their memories wiped were Ash and the others ON the island. Why would Mewtwo need to worry over the memory of the public when at best they only were suspicious because of the storm? If the pokemon center really was memory wiped, then why would Officer Jenny and that blue haired lady, as well as everyone else in the center, remember the SAME storm they earlier saw and dealt with? Its literally the same exact scene before those trainers left to Mewtwo's island. The only difference is Mewtwo, the storm, and whatever happened on the island were taken away. You're going off a HUGE maybe here. Even if they had their memories wiped, that still doesnt explain how they still knew of the dangerous storm that came in the earlier version of the scene. Hell those trainers even remembered the island itself but the reason they had for going was taken away from Mewtwo. Time was reversed back to that scene and at the same time specific memories of the movies events were taken away.

Not challenge him? You DO realize NONE of them could ever even touch Mewtwo, AT ALL, for the entire movie right? Only Mew could and that was a tie between them. If they couldnt even deal with Mewtwo's basic level psychic powers, why would Mewtwo feel the need to reverse time earlier than at the end of the movie?

As for him doing it later, do u mean the anime? If thats the case, likely no. I mean people speculate that Mega Mewtwo Y from the genesect movie could stop time with just its pure speed alone but that sounds incredibly unquantifiable and speculative. Tho of course, thats a different mewtwo and i dont see why First Movie Mewtwo would ever even need to reverse time again after that one time.

It's not time control. He wipes their minds of everything that happened after the storm. He even says something along the lines of wiping their memories before said "time manipulation" happens.

He wiped their minds.

The reason we see them back at the pokémon center is because that's where Ash and friends would remember them being during the storm. He also likely teleported them as well so they wouldn't question where they were. He's smart.

Foxthefox1000 said:
It's not time control. He wipes their minds of everything that happened after the storm. He even says something along the lines of wiping their memories before said "time manipulation" happens.
He wiped their minds.

The reason we see them back at the pokémon center is because that's where Ash and friends would remember them being during the storm. He also likely teleported them as well so they wouldn't question where they were. He's smart.
It is time control. So what if he says it before "time control" happens? He could also have memory wiped them WHILE they were being time traveled. Just "memory wiping and teleporting" them doesnt explain how the exact same scene from earlier in the movie came, only with their minds wiped clean, and that the pokemon center didnt even suspect Nurse Joy being gone for over a month. Also explain this: if it was simple teleporting and memory wiping, why wasnt the storm reported to be no longer a threat? Mewtwo definitely didnt just do pure memory wiping on the rest of the planet, WHICH, the storm was threatening. The pokemon center, going by your logic, may have not remembered anything but there were still millions upon millions of people across the planet being effected by this storm yet nothing was reported to anyone of it just miraculously disapeering and no longer being a threat. The only explanation on why it wasnt reported was because time manipulation was involved. That's the only way the storm going away at the end of the movie wouldnt be reported or seen as a threat by the rest of the planet, even after Ash and the others had their memories cleaned out.

Power Swap, Guard Swap, and Psych Up are not NLFs, but they also don't work the way lots of people think they do. They don't copy stats, they copy stat boosts. It could be argued that Psych Up would give Mewtwo a power boost similar to the Super Shadow transformation if Mewtwo uses it afterwards, giving him the same increase but not necessarily the same power, but if you ask me, super transformation is more along the lines of Mega Evolution.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Super Form are indeed similar to Mega Evolutions.
No it isn't. Shadow has to borrow power from the Chaos Emeralds to achieve Super Form, and it's also a flat increase (1000% boost as stated in Death Battle: Shadow vs Vegeta)

Mewtwo, as proven in Genesect and the Legend Awakened, doesn't need to borrow power from a stone to Mega Evolve. The Swap moves and Psych Up can work on Super Shadow

Besides, Mega Evolution is actual form change, Super Form isn't

It was a pretty big letdown. Subpar animation, mediocre voice acting, disappointingly short and an underwhelming ending

Yes it is when the opponents are in silmilar level of strength and durability. shadow being 10000 times faster in base form then Mewtwo can dodge any and all attacks from Mewtwo can blitzs Mewtwo before he even thinks of something. shadow can also time stop

Yeah and all shadow has to do in blitzs before Mewtwo can do anything and gg. their strength are in a similar level it's not like shadow has wall level attack potence where he can't hurt Mewtwo at all he has enough attack potence to where he can hurt Mewtwo and kill. read my comment above better. Also look at knuckles profile and look at dk profile

Huesito88 said:
Yeah and all shadow has to do in blitzs before Mewtwo can do anything and gg. their strength are in a similar level it's not like shadow has wall level attack potence where he can't hurt Mewtwo at all he has enough attack potence to where he can hurt Mewtwo and kill. read my comment above better. Also look at knuckles profile and look at dk profile
Yeah, Knuckles is faster than DK, but he can't put a dent in DK no matter how hard he tries, especially since DK is strong and durable enough to punch a moon out of orbit

Shadow isn't fast enough to counter a mind wipe, sorry (not sorry)

Back