• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mewtwo new held item: Chesto Berry

On a semi-related more serious note, given we don’t have a Eternatus reasoning for Mewtwo being able to Tera, the only assumption is that Mewtwo learned how to pop that shit at will. Which means all the advantages that come with that (the boosted Psychic attacks but more importantly, the Tera Shield that lolnopes any status move (attack moves with secondary effects are still fair game tho)).

This is potential to change with Terapagos in the DLC.

On a semi-related more serious note, given we don’t have a Eternatus reasoning for Mewtwo being able to Tera,
Actually, we do.

Posting a few full conversations for context

After winning Ace Academy Tournament
"Hello, hello, <player>. This is Jacq."
"Congratulations on winning the Academy Ace Tournament."
"I sure am proud to have one of my students become the academy’s ace!"
"Ah, don’t worry, Director Clavell. I’ll get to the point now."
"I’m actually calling to tell you that highly difficult Tera Raids are cropping up all over the place."
"We’re getting report after report from academy students about their Pokémon getting injured."
"We teachers have split up to investigate these raids, but we’re still a bit shorthanded."
"Sooo, we were wondering if we could enlist your help, since you’re the academy’s ace and all. How about it, <player>?"

Leave it to me!/If I can find the time...: "Woo-hoo! Thank you!"
"Your Pokédex automatically records the data we need as you go, so don’t worry about that!"
"For now, I’d like you to just take on a lot of these tough Tera Raid Battles!"
"But don’t get in over your head. Even the academy’s ace needs to be careful!"
"I sure would be sad if one of my precious students got injured."
"Anyway, we’re counting on you!"

After winning 15 5-star Tera raid battles
"Hello, hello, <player>. This is Jacq."
"Thanks for taking on all those Tera Raid Battles for us!"
"Our investigation is moving along thanks to you, <player>—we have some new data."
"It seems that Terastal energy is released from the Great Crater of Paldea from time to time, and that’s having an effect on the crystals."
"Tera Raid crystals that get hit by especially strong blasts of this energy are apparently transforming into black crystals."
"The Tera Pokémon found at these black crystals are incredibly powerful..."
"So much so that average Trainers wouldn’t stand a chance against them."
"You’re anything but average, but I’m afraid this is too dangerous—even for you, <player>."
"Even if you find the location of one of these black crystals on your map app, please do NOT— I repeat—DO NOT take on the Tera Raid there!"

Got it!: "Hmmm... You almost seem a little TOO willing to agree."
I dunno...: "I mean it! Don’t read into that like there’s some kind of hidden meaning!"
"Sorry for getting you involved in this only to ask you to step away, but..."
"Whatever you do, do NOT go looking for these black crystals!"
"I’m counting on you to make the right choice here!"

After winning a 6-star Tera raid battle
"<player>! This is Jacq!"
"We just saw the Terastal energy reading from one of the black crystals disappear a moment ago. Do you know anything about that?!"
I won!: "Whaaat?! You battled the Pokémon there?!"
It sure was rough!: "sigh I thought I made it clear that it was too risky."
"Well, in any case, I’m just glad that you’re OK, <player>."
"Your efforts have helped us come to understand the laws governing Terastal energy emissions."
"Thanks for your help. I’m sending you something as a thank-you gift."
"Still, even after all this, it seems that the amount of energy being emitted is slowly growing."
"That means we may continue to see more black crystals appear in the future."
"I don’t imagine you’ll listen to me even if I try to stop you, so I won’t be too firm with you... but please continue to be careful out there!"
"Ah, by the way, Director Clavell will be madder than a rampaging Primeape if he finds out, so let’s keep this between us two!"
"Talk to you later!"

Terastal energy is released from the Great Crater of Paldea from time to time, which is having an effect on the Tera Crystals. This is implied to be the cause of the Tera Raids occuring that they're investigating. In the case of that conversation, the Black Tera Crystal Tera Raids.
Also, the amount of energy being emitted is slowly growing.

Presuming Tera Raids are even canon....
What probably happened is (a) Mewtwo was exposed to the increasing amounts of Terastal Energy being emitted from Area Zero/The Great Crater of Paldea.

On a semi-related more serious note, given we don’t have a Eternatus reasoning for Mewtwo being able to Tera, the only assumption is that Mewtwo learned how to pop that shit at will. Which means all the advantages that come with that (the boosted Psychic attacks but more importantly, the Tera Shield that lolnopes any status move (attack moves with secondary effects are still fair game tho)).

This is potential to change with Terapagos in the DLC.
Bumping. This is an unresolved CRT, & personally, I think it would be worthwhile to see what others think regarding the Terastallized Mewtwo situation.

Bumping. This is an unresolved CRT, & personally, I think it would be worthwhile to see what others think regarding the Terastallized Mewtwo situation.
True. Unless something happens where it’s said you can only Tera in Paldea. But otherwise, Mewtwo can just…make himself strong like that.

True. Unless something happens where it’s said you can only Tera in Paldea. But otherwise, Mewtwo can just…make himself strong like that.
Did you read my post about how Terastal Energy comes from the Great Crater of Paldea? The one right before the post which you're replying to?
Because based on the info in that, Mewtwo more likely than not ISN'T Terastallizing by its own power, or even voluntarily.

Back