• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Sonic Acausality type 4

Hellscream

He/Him
So, apparently Metal Sonic has Acausality type 4, for this Acausality (Type 4; Super forms can function in the Egg Reverie Zone where time is shown to be switching forward and backwards constantly, whereas base characters only float around aimlessly)

This reasoning seems very iffy for causality type 4. just because a character is in a realm where time goes forward and backward for a few hours, should not grant them acausality type 4.
Although im not very knowledgeable on acausality type 4, afaik these character should be unaffected by any changes made in time. The said time that's being affected, is only just a few hours going back and forwards. with what i've seen this is just resistance against time manipulation.
Sonic was shown throughout the entire game to work on normal system of causality.

Last edited:
So, apparently Metal Sonic has Acausality type 4, for this Acausality (Type 4; Super forms can function in the Egg Reverie Zone where time is shown to be switching forward and backwards constantly, whereas base characters only float around aimlessly)

This reasoning seems very iffy for causality type 4. just because a character is in a realm where time goes forward and backward for a few hours, should not grant them acausality type 4.
Althought im not very knowledgeable on acausality type 4, afaik these character should be unaffected by any changes made in time. The said time that's being affected, is only just a few hours going back and forwards. with what i've seen this is just resistance against time manipulation.
Sonic was shown throughout the entire game to work on normal system of causality.

This should be in Content Revision but I agree, judging from the description that is literally a resistance to Time Manip.
Or actually it might be Acausality but like, other characters such as Gumball have done that and it's only LIMITED Acausality.

This should be in Content Revision but I agree, judging from the description that is literally a resistance to Time Manip.
Or actually it might be Acausality but like, other characters such as Gumball have done that and it's only LIMITED Acausality.
I didn't make a content revision yet, since im not very knowledgeable about acausality type 4, which is why i put it in questions and answers first but i'll most likely make a content revision for it later on.

this isn't type 4, moving in a place where time flow chaotic isn't grant anything without context, at least it only grant type 4 if you are nature resident of said place, born from and living in it

Causality, aka cause and effect needs a time period to occur, being hours or years or what not is irrelevant, by time going constantly back and forth the systems that make causes and effects happen also get scrambled back and forth, super forms funtioning in there grants type 4 since it is exactly what a irregular system of cause and effect is, i disagree with the thread

Causality, aka cause and effect needs a time period to occur, being hours or years or what not is irrelevant, by time going constantly back and forth the systems that make causes and effects happen also get scrambled back and forth, super forms funtioning in there grants type 4 since it is exactly what a irregular system of cause and effect is, i disagree with the thread
Pretty good evaluation, I disagree as well.

This is a Q&A what's there to disagree with?

Simply because a character is in a realm where time goes backwards and forwards for a few hours, despite being shown to work on a normal level of causality throughout the entire game doesn't get them Acausality type 4.
The best thing you could argue is a resistance against time manipulation.

There are beings that predate time and space itself, that don't even get acausality 4 despite predating causality itself.

I'd rather have some people tagged that are actually knowledgeable about acausality type 4.

This is a Q&A what's there to disagree with?
oh, then take that an the answer

Simply because a character is in a realm where time goes backwards and forwards for a few hours
being hour, minutes, seconds, etc is irrelevant, as long as it is a time period

,despite being shown to work on a normal level of causality throughout the entire game
super has not shown to work on a normal level of causality ever, to say that he does you would have to show evidence

The best thing you could argue is a resistance against time manipulation.
which also grants acausality type 4 in this situation as i have explained

There are beings that predate time and space itself, that don't even get acausality 4 despite predating causality itself.
so? if you think they qualify then make a thread for them, they are not relevant here

I mean, if they work on a different system of causality, they shouldn't get affected by normal causality right

Normal causality, as in normal causality with normal flowing time...
The claim of acausality type 4 is due to their "existence being in a zone where time is chaotic"
If they still get affected ny normal causality, that'd mean their system isn't different, since beings with acausality type 4 resist causality

Normal causality, as in normal causality with normal flowing time...
you would have to prove that they are being affected by normal causality instead of irregular

The claim of acausality type 4 is due to their "existence being in a zone where time is chaotic"
If they still get affected ny normal causality, that'd mean their system isn't different, since beings with acausality type 4 resist causality
Define "getting affected by normal causality"

I don't really know what should be done here. What is shown in Egg Reverie Zone is definitely legit as the Super forms are able to act normally even in a place where time quite literally changes constantly, and where Base Sonic could not even do anything while inside the zone

I don't really know what should be done here. What is shown in Egg Reverie Zone is definitely legit as the Super forms are able to act normally even in a place where time quite literally changes constantly, and where Base Sonic could not even do anything while inside the zone
If those being still get affected by normal causality, then it should only count as resistance to time manipulation, not acausality type 4
as acausality type 4 makes them resist normal causality.

If those being still get affected by normal causality, then it should only count as resistance to time manipulation, not acausality type 4
as acausality type 4 makes them resist normal causality.
Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others.

Actually no, it makes them resist causality manipulation. Besides, you do realize type 4 acausals can exist in normal time right? This isn't Type 5

So the reason it qualifies as type 4 acausality is that the realm in question, Egg Reverie Zone shows a demonstrable effect on the characters that enter it. Base characters can’t function and are left in limbo. With how time behaves in it, switching back and forth, effect precedes cause which means it has a different system of causality. On another note, Solaris despite his temporal omnipresence is unable to predict the super forms’ attacks on him which further supports the notion of super forms being acausal.

Back