• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mei Mei vs Ogi Zenin

Arkenis

They/Them
Mei Mei vs Ogi
SBA
ogi_zenin_by_jujutsukaisenfan112_df8makr-fullview.jpg
F8uoobjX0AAqIUC

Mei Mei: @EldemadeDityjon, @ReaperAndBlues
Ogi: @IamMadeOutOfStone

Last edited:
Wild that Mei Mei is at Basic Sorcerer Level on her profile. But looking at it mechanically, Ogi should probably be able to take this high diff as his Anti-Domain techinque allows him to eliminate the threat of Mei Mei's birds including bird strike even if she is faster than him. From there, he can rush her down and engage with her physically where again, his Anti-Domain techinque just allows him to negate and bypass most of Mei Mei's defense. And due to her lower only having Basic Socerer cursed energy levels, the heat of his CT is a big threat for Mei Mei even if she can block his attacks at a close range.

Wild that Mei Mei is at Basic Sorcerer Level on her profile. But looking at it mechanically, Ogi should probably be able to take this high diff as his Anti-Domain techinque allows him to eliminate the threat of Mei Mei's birds including bird strike even if she is faster than him. From there, he can rush her down and engage with her physically where again, his Anti-Domain techinque just allows him to negate and bypass most of Mei Mei's defense. And due to her lower only having Basic Socerer cursed energy levels, the heat of his CT is a big threat for Mei Mei even if she can block his attacks at a close range.
Levels should've been removed anyway. And yeah this seems pretty reasonable. I could see the amount of birds being a problem though, like with Naobito, too many attacks can cover his view in FB. He's definitely gonna be able to wound her severely.

Ogi should have the speed advantage (Maki wasn't too far below overtime Nanami, which Mei Mei should be relative to, and Ogi was matching her and arguably was moving faster than her without his CT), however it's only slight, with Mei Mei having a one-hit kill attack essentially.

So Ogi at best gets like a slash or two in before Mei Mei just blasts his head off

actually tbf I completely forgot my argument for Mei Mei scaling to OT Nanami in speed, so ignore that, maybe she'd get blitzed then... anyone remember any speed feats for Mei Mei?

they should all scale relative to one another, whats the reason for either blitzing either? And Ogi did react to the thruster sword iirc

Mahito blitzed Nanami, then OT Nanami at the very least matched Mahito
He initially did that, we later know Nanami and Mahito were in a chase and Nanami hasn’t been soul haxxed. A sudden new speed just caught him off guard realistically. And Nanami didn’t blitz Mahito, Mahito wasn’t paying attention to him.

hqjbAmk.jpeg

Ogi has better curse energy usage and more years of experience then mei, not to mention falling blossom has been show to lower attacks damage by a lot
I think Mei Mei's cursed energy proficiency is slept on tbh, but either way she believed her bird strikes would've been able to damage Sukuna lol I don't think FBE is letting Ogi survive a barrage of them.
He initially did that, we later know Nanami and Mahito were in a chase and Nanami hasn’t been soul haxxed. A sudden new speed just caught him off guard realistically. And Nanami didn’t blitz Mahito, Mahito wasn’t paying attention to him.
I don't think Nanami blitzed Mahito, but Mahito did blitz him. Nanami was looking right at him, he was surprised by the increase in speed but being surprised whilst on guard still doesn't explain that level of speed disparity. We even see later in ch29 when Yuji gets taken out of the fight Nanami get's no-diffed with a single attack from Mahito (pinned to the wall). Mahito just does a lot of playing around during these initials fights, hence why he's not murder blitzing them. Although looking back, OT Nanami doesn't have any real showing to Mahito so the scaling chain may not work (unless you think Yuji hitting as hard as Nanami has implications on his speed also, but even then Yuji in Shibuya doesn't fight Mahito until he gets far stronger either).

I think Mei Mei's cursed energy proficiency is slept on tbh, but either way she believed her bird strikes would've been able to damage Sukuna lol I don't think FBE is letting Ogi survive a barrage of them.

I don't think Nanami blitzed Mahito, but Mahito did blitz him. Nanami was looking right at him, he was surprised by the increase in speed but being surprised whilst on guard still doesn't explain that level of speed disparity. We even see later in ch29 when Yuji gets taken out of the fight Nanami get's no-diffed with a single attack from Mahito (pinned to the wall). Mahito just does a lot of playing around during these initials fights, hence why he's not murder blitzing them. Although looking back, OT Nanami doesn't have any real showing to Mahito so the scaling chain may not work (unless you think Yuji hitting as hard as Nanami has implications on his speed also, but even then Yuji in Shibuya doesn't fight Mahito until he gets far stronger either).
Alright, I read wrong, I thought u said he did. But still I don't see why this means Mei Mei get's blitzed now. They're all in the same ballpark of speed, Ogi from the little we know doesn't go for instant blitzes either.

wouldn't that imply Mei Mei is stronger?
They'd have to be exactly the same, one's a man and the other is a woman. But besides male or female, people have different plateaus when it comes to their body's peak, Ogi's peak wasn't reached, likely due to his experience, ce effecting him more or pure genetics.

I don't know where this idea that Mei Mei and Nanami have the same speed comes from. There is not much information on their comparison, and Mei Mei's durability should obviously scale way above Maki's. Even if Ogi lands a hit, it wouldn't go the same way as it did with Maki.

I'm voting for Mei Mei. She would just bombard Ogi with her Black Feather Crows. I don't see Ogi surviving that when Gojo, Kenny, and Sukuna think it's dangerous.

My very response is simply that, Birdstrike isn't dangerous if it doesn't land. And since Ogi's entire fighting style appears to revolve around a techinque which counters attacks before they land, I don't see how Mei Mei could hope to land a bird strike from a distance.

My very response is simply that, Birdstrike isn't dangerous if it doesn't land. And since Ogi's entire fighting style appears to revolve around a techinque which counters attacks before they land, I don't see how Mei Mei could hope to land a bird strike from a distance.
If his AP scales way below Bird strike don't see how he will evade them/counters them. Especially we are talking about Danmaku. She spammed tons of birds against Sukuna. It's not hard for her to do the same. Beside she will be attacking from one side. It's a jump kaisen. Ogi isn't some god tier who has shown to fend off multiple opponents at same time. Let's not forget he even got hit by Maki once.

If his AP scales way below Bird strike don't see how he will evade them/counters them. Especially we are talking about Danmaku. She spammed tons of birds against Sukuna. It's not hard for her to do the same. Beside she will be attacking from one side. It's a jump kaisen. Ogi isn't some god tier who has shown fend off multiple enemies at same time. Let's not forget he even got hit by Maki once.
*Jujumpsu Kaisen. Also Mei Mei FRA

If his AP scales way below Bird strike don't see how he will evade them/counters them. Especially we are talking about Danmaku. She spammed tons of birds against Sukuna. It's not hard for her to do the same. Beside she will be attacking from one side. It's a jump kaisen. Ogi isn't some god tier who has shown to fend off multiple opponents at same time. Let's not forget he even got hit by Maki once.

It's not even him being a god tier or anything like that, he just honestly has a very good kit for dealing with Mei Mei. Especially as she doesn't actually spam Bird Strike with her crows, it's normally just one Bird specifically and it's not hard to tell which bird has bird strike on it as the very nature of Bird Strike means that any proficient sorcerer can see it coming.

Any crows that get into range would be chopped up, even if Mei Mei snuck him Falling Blossom Emotion allows him to counter her if she comes in range.

And his ap doesn't have to relative to prevent bird strike because he can just cut the birds before they hit him especially if he's relying on his flame blade as there wouldn't be a worry about them destroying his weapon from the clash.

It's not even him being a god tier or anything like that, he just honestly has a very good kit for dealing with Mei Mei. Especially as she doesn't actually spam Bird Strike with her crows, it's normally just one Bird specifically and it's not hard to tell which bird has bird strike on it as the very nature of Bird Strike means that any proficient sorcerer can see it coming.

Any crows that get into range would be chopped up, even if Mei Mei snuck him Falling Blossom Emotion allows him to counter her if she comes in range.

And his ap doesn't have to relative to prevent bird strike because he can just cut the birds before they hit him especially if he's relying on his flame blade as there wouldn't be a worry about them destroying his weapon from the clash.
FBE doesn't make you evade the attack. It's an auto counter. We even see Gojo getting slashed by Sukuna's domain despite using that. It has a limit. Highly likely connected to Users output. Definitely not convinced by your arguments of Ogi counters Bird strike with his FBE. His auto counter should get overpowered by Bird strike AP.

Also where it was stated only one bird will have higher output?

Using bird strike is in character for her and I agree its very much winnable through that but I don't see her bombarding Ogi with crows. She's not gonna pull up on him with a lot of crows ready to make them all suicide, it isn't realistic and she didn't do so against Sukuna making it seem less believable.

Surprised no one's really discussing reg combat, Mei Mei seems like the type to try her luck against a Zenin or strong sorcerer in general and get up close. Not knowing his ct, I could see her getting severely harmed early on and being finished off.

FBE doesn't make you evade the attack. It's an auto counter. We even see Gojo getting slashed by Sukuna's domain despite using that. It has a limit. Highly likely connected to Users output. Definitely not convinced by your arguments of Ogi counters Bird strike with his FBE. His auto counter should get overpowered by Bird strike AP.

Also where it was stated only one bird will have higher output?
Why use Sukuna’s relentless slashes which are likely in the millions to quadrillions as an example? Mei Mei’s birds aren’t overpowering FBE here. The birds overpowering it would have to be several times greater than FBE and considering the tech is meant to counter domain techs I don’t get why you think its gonna overpower it.

Back