• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megatron vs Shockwave: who is truly the Strongest Decepticon?

Megatron has the skill advantage given his numerous fights with Prime but Shockwave has higher durability considering even Optimus couldn't harm him and was forced to attack his weakspot, his back. Megatron should know that Shockwave's back is his weakspot though so that could work against him. Its debatable who has the AP advantage in this situation. Megatron, even with his arm cut off and weakened from his previous fight with the other autobots in the previous scene, he still managed to easily beat Optimus until Prime kicked him out of the room. Shockwave also has similar feats given that he could basically one-shot prime if you failed the quick time event in the game and was overpowering him a bit during the whole fight.

I'm going to hold off voting for now to see any other arguments.

Well being the toughest the decepticons have isn't that much of a title when at that point in the story he was essentially the only tough guy left after megatron turned into a hobo and starscream was just being starscream. Eitherway though, Megatron from TLK was comparable if not superior to Optimus of TLK, and given that Megatron likely knows of Shockwave's weaknesses, he still would have the upperhand at least fighting Shockwave considering Optimus from dotm could beat him even right after fighting Megatron in the game. Though with the Driller, it would make the fight lean more towards Shockwave given that the Driller could easily knock around Optimus in the game and in the movie.

Well being the toughest the decepticons have isn't that much of a title when at that point in the story he was essentially the only tough guy left after megatron turned into a hobo and starscream was just being starscream. Eitherway though, Megatron from TLK was comparable if not superior to Optimus of TLK, and given that Megatron likely knows of Shockwave's weaknesses, he still would have the upperhand at least fighting Shockwave considering Optimus from dotm could beat him even right after fighting Megatron in the game. Though with the Driller, it would make the fight lean more towards Shockwave given that the Driller could easily knock around Optimus in the game and in the movie.
Wait, are you voting for Shockwave?

Well, yeah I'm going to vote Shockwave now. I was going to hold off for some other arguments but currently there are none so yeah.

Shockwave for comparable AP, higher durability, and the fact he has the driller. It's probably gonna be a hard fight but I do think he wins most of the time.

In terms of skill, I'm pretty sure Megatron heavily outclasses Shockwave in this category, as Shockwave has shown little to no skill feats, while Megatron can easily contend with Prime in combat as we see in AOE. All Shockwave does is fight with brute force.

In terms of scaling, I don't think Shockwave is at all higher than Megatron in AP. The scaling to me is: Shockwave's durability => Megatron's AP => Shockwave's AP => Optimus. Shockwave is stronger then prime, yes, but the power gap is not as large as the one shown in TLK, where as Megs easily blitzes and catches Prime's sword, and then proceeds to overpower him with one arm. And yeah, I'm pretty sure Megs should know about Shockwave's weak spots

Megatron is also arguably faster, as we saw how tanky Shockwave is when he fought Optimus, yet Megatron could easily outmatch Prime before the latter could react. Megatron also has better range, his ability to fly means Shockwave's shockwaves (Heh) are practically useless against Megatron. And considering this is in Chicago, Megatron could very easily just destroy the driller like Optimus did. And before anyoe argues that Shockwave could just shoot down Megatron ike what he did with Optimus. Optimus was standing still and wasn't moving around in the air.

In conclusion. The driller makes things more tricky and Shockwave's durability is a bit of a challenge, but I doubt it's enough when Megs could just easily shoot down the driller. And then simply outmatch Shockwave with superior AP, laughably better skill as well as range and greater mobility

I just want to point out that Shockwave was explicitly stated to be slowed down by the Cryo and was still moving faster than Optimus, so him not being nerfed by Cryo is even faster than that so the speed gap isn't as huge as you're making it out to be. Also, Shockwave's AP should be High enough to contend with Megatron since he's definitely closer to him than Optimus is. The skill thing is fine, but Megatron definitely isn't gonna be able to kill the Driller as easily as Optimus did since it was basically stuck wrapped around itself and a building which Optimus exploited to Barrage it's midsection with Missiles while Boosting through it at the same time.

I just want to point out that Shockwave was explicitly stated to be slowed down by the Cryo and was still moving faster than Optimus, so him not being nerfed by Cryo is even faster than that so the speed gap isn't as huge as you're making it out to be. Also, Shockwave's AP should be High enough to contend with Megatron since he's definitely closer to him than Optimus is. The skill thing is fine, but Megatron definitely isn't gonna be able to kill the Driller as easily as Optimus did since it was basically stuck wrapped around itself and a building which Optimus exploited to Barrage it's midsection with Missiles while Boosting through it at the same time.
Megatron can still fly outrange the driller. and attack it from afar, that and Megatron is much stronger than the driller, meaning driller can't do all that much.

And even with the cryostasis, that's not quite enough to prove that his peak speed is actually on par with Megatron's. And looking at the video game, Shockwave isn't able to do things like one shot prime.

I'd also like to point out that when Optimus gets hit with Cryo he's basically stuck at Walking Speeds so the fact that Shockwave is Cryo'd and can ******* sprint and Dodge Roll Dark Souls style is really telling.
Because he was fully frozen from the cryo, much more then shockwave when shockwave fought Optimus

Well if it turns out the one-shot thing for Shockwave is incorrect, then I'll vote for Megatron because one of my main points was that they'd have comparable AP for being able to basically one-shot optimus. Without that, their best bet is to just chip damage Megatron but that's probably not going to work.

I also still believe the driller could act as a good defense for Shockwave, it being able to go underground adds extra maneuverability to him since Megatron can't really do anything to them if they're underground, as well as it using its giant mass to take hits for him. Though, I will admit that your reasons for voting Megatron are pretty sound so I am leaning a bit towards him now.

That's fair, though my only real question is when has Megatron ever abused Ranged and Flight together? Other than that, I'll count it.
From what I recall, no. Though its been a while since I've watched the movie though from what I remember of his like 5 minutes of screen time, no he didn't really use his range and flight together.

Back