• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Revision for Naofumi Iwatani (WebNovel)

NAOFUMI IWATAMI POWERS

Just for the record, all of Naofumi's attributes and spells have been upgraded to EX level, which is the highest level anyone in the verse can have, to the point where they can face the Gods themselves and their soldiers.

Automatic Translation

Speaking of which, it seems that our legendary armament had the ability to translate languages for us.

“I understand your dilemma. But who gave you the right to call on us to do manual labor for free? ”
(Ch.2)

Information Analysis
"Well, whatever, do you see that icon in the corner of your vision?" (Ren)

"Eh?" (Naofumi)

When he said that, I noticed a strange, shiny icon along the edge of my vision.

"Focus your mind on it and you will see." (Ren)

Pikon ~ And as if the light went on silently, a menu with large icons similar to that of a computer sprang up in my view.

Iwatani Naofumi

Equipment: Small Shield (Legendary Weapon), Parallel World Clothing.

Skill: None.

Magic: None.

It has a lot of other information, but we will omit that part.

So that was 'Status'.
(Ch.2)

Absorption Passive (can absorb items and corpses in its shield, thus gaining new skills and shields)
Based on the level of the owner, the weapon will be able to absorb different raw materials; the Weapon Handbook also fills as we defeat monsters.
(Ch.3)

"So this is the power of Legendary Weapons." (Mein)
"IT IS. It looks like they have to absorb materials in order to transform. ” (Naofumi)
Ah, the shield has absorbed enough to satisfy the transformation requirement; I now have a balloon shield fitted to my arm
(Ch.5)

Just like Medea Naofumi passively absorbs the energy of the world to increase her power and grant her infinite stamina, including absorbing Soul Eater who are souls

As Glass said, will all life be sucked away, leaving this world an empty shell? Glass raises his voice.
"What's the problem!?" (Naofumi)
"All Soul Devour monsters under my control have mysteriously perished!" (glass) Which!? When I look up at the sky… several pieces of light arrive and surround Witch MKII.
(ch.355)
"IT'S. It sucks magic and life from the world, and converts it to its own power. And if that happens, the only thing left for the sucked-in world is to disappear.
(Ch.361)
With that… based on how you approach him, it's like… borrowing power from the world. What if I change the lending to stealing, and abuse your power as my own. Isn't that how Medea's rules work? That's why I will place importance on the lending part.
(ch.363)

Power Mimicry (can use skills and the bonuses of weapons and equipment that he carried even without being equipped with it.)

「Transformation of Weapon and seals on your Abilities」

Weapon transformation refers to: the instance where the legendary weapon takes on a different shape.

To carry out the weapon transformation, the owner must put his hand on the weapon and silently conjure up the name of the desired weapon.

Ability released refers to: the instance where the user receives permanent status and skills from the transformed weapon.

「Equipment Bonus」

Equipment Bonus refers to: the skills that will be given to the user if they equip that certain weapon.
For example, when equipped with a weapon with 'Ancient Strike' the user would be able to use the skill 'Ancient Strike [6] '.

If +3 Attack Power is the bonus when equipping that weapon, the user will receive +3 attack power.

I understand, so by releasing your skills I will permanently receive your bonuses even without equipping that particular weapon.
(Ch.8)

Fusionism (can mix objects on your shield to create potions and unlock new abilities)

As for equipment ... I suppose I can only make a limited amount using the rocks and boulders on the river's edge. So let's try the recipes that can be made in a mortar and pestle.

But, the simple recipes had no instructions on mixing techniques within it.

Gori gori gori *… (Noise of moving non-metal hard materials)

I tried to imitate the way the pharmacy owner mixed his ingredients to see the result.

Heal Pill was made!

Heal Pill quality: Bad -> A little bad

A pill that hastens recovery from an injury needs to be applied to the wound to take effect.
That kind of icon floated in front of my eyes.

Cool, it was a success.

The shield was reacting, but I decided to keep the medicine for now.

That's it, time to face an unknown recipe.
(Ch.11)

Repair Manipulation (can repair broken and rusty objects on your shield)

Sharpening Shield

Sealed real power …… Equipment bonus: Mineral identification 1+

Special effect: Automatic polishing (8 Hours), High consumption

Oyaji fetched a rusty sword from inside the store and inserted it into one of my shield's slots.

“I'm going to give you that spoiled toast weapon. Use this to see what it does. ” (Oyaji)

"Ooh, thank you very much." (Naofumi)

There was an icon that appeared in the corner of my screen: 「Polishing」.

I felt a lot of pressure.
(Ch.15)

May grant Accelerated Development

- The requirement for the Slave's Shield has been released.

- The requirement for Escravocrat Shield 2 has been released.

Shield of the Slave

Real power locked ... Equipment Bonus: Slave Growth + (P)

Shield of the Slave

Real power locked ... Equipment Bonus: Slave Conditioning + (P)

Shield of the Slave ... Well, it was expected.

Something new appeared on the tree, on the way to the Small Shield series. It is not so strong.

However, the bonus attracted my attention.

Improve development.
(Ch.24)

Paralisys Inducement

Requirements for Bee Thorn Shield have been released.

Bee Thorn Shield
Sealed ability… Equipment bonus: Attack +1

Special Effect: Thorn Shield (P) Bee Venom (Paralysis)
(Ch.25)

The shield I changed to was the Bee Thorn Shield

The Special Effect of the Bee Thorn Shield is the Thorn Shield (P) and Bee Venom (Paralysis).

“Wha, the shield suddenly…! Gaah–! ” (Bandit)

One of the people running up to me ran headlong into the shield that suddenly appeared. He fell to the ground, became paralyzed and started to convulse. Cool, it looks like the Special Effect is really acting
(Ch.36)

Poison Manipulation

Chimera Viper Shield

Sealed ability… Equipment bonus: Skill [Shield exchange], Antidote mix +, Poison resistance (M)

Special Effect: Venomous Fang of the Snake (M), Hook
(Ch.25)

Snake's Poison Claw poisons everyone who attacks me. It is not very effective on things that have resistance. It seems to be working. I have never tried this on people before but it seems to have a considerable effect. Also, it is not really a detriment, but the poison is actually lethal.
(Ch.36)

Food Manipulation (Naofumi can make any food tasty)

"I will take this as a compliment." (Naofumi)

“I'm not praising you for nothing. Why is this so good? ” (Oyaji)

Oyaji looked at his plate with a confused expression.

"It's probably because of my shield's cooking skill." (Naofumi)

"The power of the shield?" (Oyaji)

"Well, I at least think so." (Naofumi)

From the corner of my vision I see, Barbecue is now available. Quality: Good -> Great quality.
(Ch.33)

Spike Manipulation

Oh right, it had the special effect of the Bee Thorn Shield. I can now use the [Thorn Shield] to attack enemies.
(Ch.33)

Cure (can create and improve potions that can cure someone near death)

The Medical Effect Up skill seems to be working.

Woman: “Cough… Cough…”

The woman somehow managed to finish the medication.

In your eyes, I see lights spread out.

Apparently it was quite effective.
The condition of the old woman seems to have improved by leaps and bounds. Some redness returned to his appearance and his cough subsided.
(Ch.35)

"What happened?" (Naofumi)

"When the saint gave the medicine to my wife, the breathing of the child beside her also seemed to have improved." (Villager)

Hm… Is this due to the Expansion Effect of the Reach of Medicines (Small)? If the reach increases, it will be even more useful.
It seems to produce an effect similar to that of the medicine within a range of one meter from its surroundings.
(Ch.42)

Using [Fast Heal] I healed myself. I don't know if the other group can heal, but I won't stand a chance.

Statistic Amplification

Shield of the Book

Capacity released… Bonus equipment: Magical Power Up (small)
(Ch.35)

“I am the Hero of the Shield who commands the origin of power. I read and deciphered a law of nature. May the power of nature defend me! ” (Naofumi)

"Quick Guard!" (Naofumi)
I applied defensive magic to Raphtalia and Firo.

This spell improves the target's defense by a percentage. It is a support spell that glows when the target has a high defense
(Ch.39)

Plant Manipulation

I switched to the Bio Planta shield and tested what plant remodeling does.

An icon appeared over the seed I was looking at.

I put some magic in the seed of a Bio Plant that I had taken before.

The seed began to float in the air.

Fertility 9

Productivity 9

Vitality 9

Immunity 4

Intelligence 1

Growth Potential 9

Variability 9

Special ability

What is that?

First of all, I'm going to narrow everything down.

The window beeps as the values decrease.

All other stats went down while one of them went up.

Fertility 1

Productivity 1

Vitality 1

Immunity 1

Intelligence 1

Growth Potential 43

Variability 1

Special ability

Um… I don't understand.

Well, all it has is growth power, does it serve any purpose?

Ah, my MP decreases when I use this ability, I am almost out of MP.

"Naofumi-sama?" (Raphtalia)

I dropped the modified Bio Planta seed that I made by accident.

"Oo!" (Naofumi)

The land immediately turned green with grass.

But…

"What?" (Raphtalia)

It grew in abundance by about 3 meters and then rotted instantly.

"What are you doing?" (Raphtalia)

“Ah, I am experimenting with plant remodeling using this seed (Naofumi)

"Please don't do such a dangerous thing!" (Raphtalia)
(Ch.40)

Regeneration Negation (High-Mid) and Cure

I checked the other side of the body while killing the poisonous flies. The nails, scales, skin and wings were all taken away. Even the tongue was taken. They appear to have been taken by Ren and the other adventurers.

It is not an exaggeration to say that all that was left were bones and meat. Excluding an extremely small amount of skin, nothing was left.
(Ch.43)

The dragon's body ... No, the zombie dragon started to move while I screamed.

What the hell? This is too much for us. The level is unknown and any ability that this zombie dragon has is unknown.

What's the matter with this world!

The zombie dragon turned to look at us as it regenerated each organ. A portion of the wings and tail is regenerated. I don't know if the fangs and claws are going to regenerate as well.

It seems to be liquefying the rotting meat and turning it into its wings and tail. The fatal wound in the abdomen was closing and the internal organs were regenerating.

Dealing with that is impossible for me!
(Ch.43)

“I am the Hero of the shield that commands the origin of power. I read and deciphered a law of nature. I call on the power of nature to heal! ” (Naofumi)

"Quick cure!" (Naofumi)

Until my MP finished, I didn't stop healing her.

Raphtalia… Raphtalia is the only person who believed in me!

Burns are severe. Using beginner healing magic is insufficient for treatment.

I have to go to the car right away and use the healing ointments.
(Ch.44)

Rage fury

Damn Series

Shield of Fury

Mortar Shield

Ability Unlocked… Equipment Bonus: Skill “Shield Exchange (Attack)” “Iron Lady”

Special Effect: Self-Cremation Curse; Enhanced Physical Strength.

Being born of the heart, Shield Killer. [6]

This shield has a particular explanation…. Am I even conscious? I hold my hand over the shield with these feelings.

"Shield of Furyǃ" (Naofumi)

With a cry of angry emotion, the shield changes with a black and red light.

There was a scarlet shield with decorations of abominations and flames.

Dokun… ..Dokun… ..

My conscience was swallowed up in anger.

I hate everything in this world.

Everything in this world is black, all that's left are shadows laughing at me.

I am governed by a single emotion.

Ah yes ... the more angry I get, the more powerful the shield of fury gets.
(Ch.43)

Fire Manipulation

After that, a black flame immediately appeared around my arm and burned the black shadow's tail and arms.
(Ch.44)

Forcefield Creation

"Shield Prison!" (Naofumi)

A cage made of shields and magic surrounds us.
(Ch.52)

Soul Manipulation

Special Effect: [Devoured Soul SP Recovery] (Weak)
(Ch.54)

Non-Physical Interaction (Spells are capable of harming intangible beings)

It has a fish-style ghost that is pure white with red eyes, a large wide mouth with fangs, and a brutal appearance.

But, he's fallen to the ground.

Has the big prey of the wave already died?

It's very ghost style… there's a feeling that physical attacks won't work on this demon.

"A fish?" (Firo)

“What the hell is this…” (Naofumi)

"Hmm... that doesn't seem like a very difficult enemy." (Raphtalia)

"You think?" (Naofumi)

“Normal attacks will not be effective. Only magic would have an effect.” (Raphtalia)
(Ch.52)

Incorporeality (gods don't have a physical form)

Now all I have to do is develop a physical plan for victory.
(ch.363)
Me, Raphtalia and Atlas infiltrate the world of Ren. We materialize our bodies within it, and begin our descent.
(ch.364)

Higher-Dimensional Existence (As mentioned by Arc, the observer of the Multiverse, Gods are an existence above the multiverse cosmos itself. With their analogy, the Gods to the cosmos are like a stone to a piece of paper, the paper would break if the stone were too heavy. It is also reported that Medea has not completely descended her true form into the cosmos)

… I can’t deny it.
Rules are whatever was made by the people there. There’s some logic to that.
From my experience I can say that persecuting the Hero of the Shield is Melromark’s rule.
In truth, from the perspective of the many different forces I fought, I’m seen as the bad guy.
Since I’m evil, the right thing to do is defeat evil.“But… she’s already descended to the world, right?”
“Yeah, and she’s dragged eight different worlds together.” (Naofumi)
“It’s probable that in the world that you’re trying to go to, the conditions needed for her to descend was the linking of eight worlds.”
“I don’t know the exact logic behind it, but that seemed to be the case.” (Naofumi)Putting together the information I have, that seems right.
Or else, all she would have to do is come down and kill everyone in order to level.
If there was a reason she couldn’t, that’s the safest guess by process of elimination.“That’s right. Let’s compare this all to a paper. You can place a light stone on it, right? But what about if the stone were heavier? You’ll need a paper thick enough to support it. The paper is the world, and the stone, god. No, it’s probably completely different, but I guess if she just came down as she pleased, there would be terrible aftereffects.”A paper and a stone…
After the world assimilation started, the monsters levels all rose drastically.
The paper’s capacity wasn’t high enough, so it spiked its level?The world has its own width, and a set amount of weight it can carry.
She gets it just big enough to sustain her before coming down.
I guess there’s some sense to it.
(Ch.362)

Cosmic Awareness
“That's because she can feel protective worlds. I… can't be felt by the Spirits, so I can go undetected to some point. I think it will be fine.”
(ch.362)

Telepathy
I tried to use the new power I had achieved. Following his lead, I try to increase my awareness. I try to put on the world channel where all my teammates are.
"Naofumi-sama!" (Raphtalia)
"Raphatalia" (Naofumi)
And there was Raphtalia. By her power, I could tell. Raphtalia also spoke to him, and came here by following the same path. The fact that our thoughts coincided made me a little happy.
(ch.363)

Resurrection and Body Puppetry
Looks like they're going to need a capable commander… ahaha, I found an interesting soul floating around.” (Medea)
In the area above Medea's hand, a black, glass-like ball manifests… the person emerging from it puts both Trash and me at a loss for words.
“Yes, I dragged her soul out and revived her to make her one of my pieces. Right now, she can only move at my will. Ara? Would it have been better if I didn't tell you this?” (Medea)
(Ch.356)

Did I surprise you? In order to help you, I let fragments of my soul be born in this world. They didn't have my memory, but I truly was close to all of you.” (Goddess)
“!?”
Fragments…?
(ch.355)

Acausality (Type 3) (Just as Medea Naofumi has alternate versions of him throughout the universes, this is explicit when Medea uses the infinite destroyer in Naofumi)

"Which?" (Naofumi)
Are there other ****** like Witch? This is no joke. As if I was going to let multiple versions of that woman exist. They exist all over the world. Even though I can't stand her own being, I've learned that there are a lot of women like that bitch.

Immortality (Type 1, 2, 6 & 9)
Eventually, this research comes to fruition, and the population becomes immortal. Bodies that don't die no matter how much you cut it. Souls that don't decay no matter how many millions of years pass.”
(ch.361)

"The first sip will give you pain that will always last, the second will give you an immortal body to watch those around you die for eternity." (Arc)
(ch.363)

Dimensional Travel
And when I was getting ready to jump through dimensions… I activate our dimensional transport ability, and we cross the void with it
(ch.364)

Invulnerability (Gods do not take damage and are completely invulnerable to attacks, they can only be affected by X weapons, which are made to specifically kill the Gods, but I can't find the chapter on that, I would appreciate it if someone would send)

NAOFUMI IWATANI RESISTANCES

Resistence to Poison Manipulation

Small Poison Shield

Sealed real power …… Equipment bonus: Poison resistance (Small)
(Ch.11)

Resistence to Paralysis Inducement

Butterfly Shield

Full release… .. Equipment Bonus: Paralysis Resistance (Small)
(Ch.16)

Resistence to Fire Manipulation

Then, a rain of fire fell on me.

Behind the horde of monsters, I was able to locate the arrival of the knight squad. The magic users among their ranks were casting their spells; so that was the cause of the fire.

"MANS! There are allies around here! ” (Naofumi)

Although, there was only me here.

The monsters were quickly ignited and turned to ashes.

As it had a lot of insects, they burned beautifully.

Apparently, not only was my physical defense high, but my magic defense was also high.

The front line was clearly burning a crimson red. Anger inflated from inside me while questioning the reason behind this friendly fire; I stared and approached the knight squad in the middle of the clutter as my cape floated spreading the flames.

"Hmph, so that's the Hero of the Shield ... He's surprisingly resilient." (Commander)
(Ch.20)

Fire Plant Shield Removal of the completed seal… Bonus equipment: Fire resistance (small)
(Ch.25)

Resistence to Corrosion

Underworld Body-Eating Demon Shield

Sealed ability ... Equipment Bonus: Decomposition Prevention (P)
(Ch.25)

That's right after I got the 'Anti-Corruption' skill that delays rot.
(Ch.41)

Resistence to Darkness Manipulation

Chimera Bone Shield

Sealed ability… Equipment Bonus: Resistance to Darkness (M)
(Ch.25)

Resistence to Plant Manipulation

Glyphosate Shield

Withdrawal of completed seal… Bonus equipment: Reduced plant damage by 5%
(Ch.25)

Resistence to Damage by Insects

Α Insect Killer Shield

Removal of the completed seal… Bonus equipment: 3% reduction of insect damage
(Ch.25)

Resistance to Damage by Demons

Silver Ore Shield

Ability released ... Equipment Bonus: 2% Damage Reduction by Demons
(Ch.37)

Resistence to Eletricity Manipulation

Barbarian Armor +1?

Increased Defense, Shock Resistance (Intermediate), Flame Resistance (High), Dark Resistance (High), Hp Recovery (Weak), Magic Increase (Intermediate)

Enchantment: Automatic Restoration.
(Ch.51)

Resistance to Resistance Negation

The iron fan was closed and came in my direction. This reminds me of an arrow. Dangerous!

I prepared my shield with this in mind.

Gatun, a big impact, and a pain can be felt through my body.

[Kimono]: "Damn ..."

[Naofumi]: "Hey, am I supposed to be knocked down by this attack? ..."

It is difficult to be calm with the pain. But if I lose my temper, we all die here.

[Naofumi]: "This was a beautiful attack."

The attack was probably a drill, at least this is what he would do in games.

Even if the defense is high, it would be ignored and would not matter.

There is also the possibility that this will do more damage if the opponent's defense is greater.
(Ch.53)

Resistance to Soul Manipulation

Soul Eater Shield]

Ability unlocked…. Equipment Bonus: Ability [Second Shield] [Soul Resistance]
(Ch.54)

Resistance to Mind Manipulation

[Mental Attack Resistance] (Intermediate) [SP UP]
(Ch.54)

Resistance to Power Nullification
In order to nullify our magic, a tricky skill mixed with magic began to rain down on us. “Ren, Itsuki, Fohl, Glass! They will stop the caster!” (Naofumi)
"Leave it to me! What about you, Naofumi!?” (Ren)
"Me? I'll stop this one, and…” (Naofumi) Against the endless shower of nullifying magic, I cast a single skill. 「From Dispel Parry[2]」! … The skill redirected the attack made to nullify our supports
(ch.371)

Resistance to Death Manipulation
Goddess **** uses the instant death attack she used on me earlier. Because she wasn't having fun, she used up a little power. But she's still not serious, I understand. I need to get this Bitch Goddess serious, otherwise… “…Is that all you have?” (Naofumi)
I only took the attack with my Shield. The concept of death tries to invade me, but I repel it.
(ch.371)

SPEED

like Raphtalia and Medea, Naofumi should have all his speed increased to immeasurable, not just his reactions.

As an existence close to the God, he's naturally above the concept of time itself. While her combats really dependant to melee range, her speed is the most crucial factor for her battle. Her existence alone could rip the flow of time

The Bitch Goddess used a power stronger than before.
I guess this is the limit of faking it.
To use the power I was keeping hidden from her, I made a move.But there… I felt the flow of time being ripped apart as a presence approached.“… Unfortunately, your plans end here.”Before the Bitch could do anything, a thundering roar so loud that it was as if the entire world was creaking sounded out.
A dust cloud covered the entire front lines.“You’re late, aren’t you?” (Naofumi)Someone blew the cloud away with Wind Magic.
And in the center of it, was Raphtalia holding her Hammer.
(Ch.371)

Not only could do anything in zero second for all eternity, Her speed literally passes through all timelines, as Medea's Time Leap can't escape her attacks

How do you infinitely double infinity?
The word infinity isn’t a number.
Well, she probably wants to express that it’s that fast but….The Damn Goddess’s sword reaches Raphtalia.Yeah.
Fast, it’s certainly fast…. However―“Infinite speed? Infinity shouldn’t have a limit though? The unit you should be using in this situation is this. Approaching zero without end…. No, something like speed is unnecessary― a Zero-second attack….” (Raphtalia)Raphtalia’s movements blur and she passed behind the Damn Goddess.
Immediately afterwards, she uses a single strike and a loud sound reverberates.“Wha-!? She transcended infinity with her own speed and I, the ultimate supreme being who even surpasses time was―” (Goddess)
“You just returned to the past? Is it time leaping? In that case, I’ll also attack there!” (Raphtalia)Zero-second attack.
(Ch.373)

Her moves disregard the flow of time

Zero-second attack.
Something similar would be Firo’s High Quick, huh.
It’ll probably be easiest to understand if I said it was close to that.
High Quick is a magic that raises one’s own speed to its utmost limits temporarily.However, Raphtalia’s Zero-second attack has no need for speed.
Zero seconds… it’s an attack that disregards the flow of time.
No matter how fast one can go, the attack can’t be overtaken by a being who’s just fast.Even the sound of this one shot, this sound contains the continuous attacks of tens, hundreds, thousands of strikes all within zero seconds.
Receiving such an attack, the Damn Goddess faints in agony.“Ugu..guu…… aaaaauwahh!” (Goddess)
“The innumerable grudges against you are as many as the number of stars in the sky. If only you didn’t exist, I wouldn’t know anything and lived in peace…. Everyone around me wouldn’t have cried with unreasonable grief!” (Raphtalia)
(Ch.373)

Last edited:
Alright, let's go through this.
  • Automatic translation is fine.
  • I'm sceptical that seeing your own status qualifies for information analysis. If it all, it should be listed as limited and it should be explained to only apply to himself (and his slaves IIRC). The same would go for all other characters then, I think.
  • Absorption is fine, although I'm not sure what's passive about it. IIRC he can't absorb stuff still equipped to people, so that should be clarified.
  • I don't think either Medea nor Naofumi passively absorb energy from the world. They both can, but from the quotes I don't see why it would be passive. Naofumi for instance gathered energy form the worlds he traveled through before the battle IIRC, so it seems more that he borrows it at once and then saves it for usage. Naofumi already has non-passive energy absorption so nothing needs to be added, I think.
  • Not sure that Power mimicry is the right ability to describe that. He just uses the ability of something he has in a different way. Seems like a candidate for an explanation regarding his legendary shield's mechanics rather than a new power.
  • Instead of Fusionism and Repair Manipulation (which is not an ability we list), maybe it is easier to classify the Shields creation related abilities as Creation and explain that he needs to have absorbed appropiate base materials to repair/create something.
  • Granting Accelerated Development could be seen as a form of statistics amplification. Or we could list it as limited power bestowal, I suppose.
  • Paralysis is fine, I guess.
  • He already has poison manipulation listed.
  • Food Manipulation is not an ability we list, I believe. It's really minor anyway, so maybe just add it somewhere into his explanations.
  • Spike Manipulation isn't an ability we list either, I believe. That application of his shield is already explained in the Notable A/T section in any case.
  • That falls under healing, which Naofumi already has listed.
  • Statistic Amplification is already listed, although the book shield could be listed in his equipment.
  • Plant manip is already on the profile.
  • That quote doesn't really show it, but you probably mean the cursed flames, right? I suppose one can additionally list it as regeneration negation. This also reminded me that Naofumi should get power null in general, seeing how his magic negation negation magic is even mentioned on the profile already.
  • Rage fury isn't an ability we list and I don't think Naofumi falls into a rage upon using the wrath shield anymore as a god, given that the Shield of Compassion already nullifies those, I believe.
  • He already has fire manip.
  • Already has forcefields.
  • While one may think so from the name, the shield IIRC has never demonstrated the ability to devour souls and is instead for absorbing SP. The name alone is not enough evidence in any case.
  • NPI is fine. I would list it as just a likely, though. Strictly speaking, they never said that fish is intangible, but just that physical attacks don't work, which could also be resistance.
  • I don't think neither of this quotes qualifies as Incorporeality. The first... really says nothing. The second is IIRC about their ability to turn into light for travel, which is intangibility.
  • That's just talking about power (and only applies to Medea anyway). It doesn't qualify for high dimensional existence, which is a matter of geometry.
  • How does cosmic awareness even exist as an ability... Anyway, the quote really doesn't show any cosmic awareness. Naofumi has some ESP on a multiversal scale though. He should probably get ESP now that I think about it. Not sure why I listed it as enhanced senses...
  • Telepathy is fine, I guess.
  • That is a feat of Medea, not Naofumi, and for her that's listed as necromancy, which seems fitting.
  • I guess we should give an ability to create fragments. That is probably rather duplication than avatar creation, though, as fragments can have just as much power as the original.
  • While he might have alternate versions, those versions aren't him. They are as much an alternate version of him as the alternate versions of a normal human in the verse are versions of him. EoS he has alternate versions in different universes in form of his fragments, but that isn't an expression of acausality but duplication.
  • Immortality Type 1 and 3 are probably fine. Don't see 6 & 9, though.
  • Dimensional Travel is ok.
  • Invulnerability is a no. It's just that non-gods aren't strong enough to harm gods without the use of the anti-god weapons.
  • Resistances: Already has all of those except, paralysis, resistance negation, power null and instant death. From those paralysis is fine. Resistance negation for blocking a drill doesn't seem plausible. The power null stuff isn't a resistance, but a power null against power null. Medea's Instant death is done via conceptual manipulation, which is why he resists concept manip.
  • I don't see where in those quotes Naofumi does combat at Immeasurble speed or physically matches Raphtalia's or Medea's speed. He kinda just didn't move a lot in the final fight, which is why scaling him to them doesn't really work. Heck, even Medea doesn't simply have Immeasurable combat speed, Raphtalia is really the only one that fights that fast. Her zero-second attack and stuff is her specialization.

Okay, a few things...

Those "passives" aren't actually passive.

All heroes should have power mimicry via weapon copy system anyway.

Everyone should have Information Analysis because, in the WN at least, it's stated everyone can see status screens. This is WN only though. I even planned for a revision like that.
Limited Information Analysis (Everyone can view a status display which displays their level and current conditions, including displaying status effects such as poison or even abnormal curses, they can also see the race name of monsters. Naofumi himself even has a specialized skill which allows him to check if certain things are poisonous)

I actually agree with invulnerability, but it's applied to everyone and not just gods, and for a completely different reason.
Basically because of how stats work in the verse and given SBA, durability negation in general shouldn't work against Shield Hero characters...At least not in the same way it'd work against most others (Unless they cause status Effects like Mind Manipulation; so I'm talking about instant kill kind of moves). Every attack is turned into something that deals fixed damage, and in order to kill someone you still need to lower their health bar to 0. This is why durability negation in Shield Hero is usually less effective than regular physical attacks, unless you're going up against someone who's defense you can't break through with physical attacks. For Instance; Soul Manipulation in the verse is only even useful against someone with a soul weakness like Glass. This is a universal law of the world they are within and via fighting a person from such a world, we would have to assume they still follow such rules.

One of the more impressive things about gods is that they don't follow those laws and can just do whatever they want and apply their own rules to abilities, which is why they're invulnerable to most SH characters and have instant death abilities.

Btw, SP stuff is soul manipulation, so yeah that's fine. Why? Because stuff dealing with SP has always related to ghosts and spirits. Which is why Naofumi got his SP drain from absorbing the Soul Eater which is ghost-like in nature, and is most effective against Glass who is said to be ghost-like in nature, as well. Which is funny, because most people don't have SP iirc.

Okay, a few things...

Those "passives" aren't actually passive.

All heroes should have power mimicry via weapon copy system anyway.

Everyone should have Information Analysis because, in the WN at least, it's stated everyone can see status screens. This is WN only though. I even planned for a revision like that.
Limited Information Analysis (Everyone can view a status display which displays their level and current conditions, including displaying status effects such as poison or even abnormal curses, they can also see the race name of monsters. Naofumi himself even has a specialized skill which allows him to check if certain things are poisonous)

I actually agree with invulnerability, but it's applied to everyone and not just gods, and for a completely different reason.
Basically because of how stats work in the verse and given SBA, durability negation in general shouldn't work against Shield Hero characters...At least not in the same way it'd work against most others (Unless they cause status Effects like Mind Manipulation; so I'm talking about instant kill kind of moves). Every attack is turned into something that deals fixed damage, and in order to kill someone you still need to lower their health bar to 0. This is why durability negation in Shield Hero is usually less effective than regular physical attacks, unless you're going up against someone who's defense you can't break through with physical attacks. For Instance; Soul Manipulation in the verse is only even useful against someone with a soul weakness like Glass. This is a universal law of the world they are within and via fighting a person from such a world, we would have to assume they still follow such rules.

One of the more impressive things about gods is that they don't follow those laws and can just do whatever they want and apply their own rules to abilities, which is why they're invulnerable to most SH characters and have instant death abilities.

Btw, SP stuff is soul manipulation, so yeah that's fine. Why? Because stuff dealing with SP has always related to ghosts and spirits. Which is why Naofumi got his SP drain from absorbing the Soul Eater which is ghost-like in nature, and is most effective against Glass who is said to be ghost-like in nature, as well. Which is funny, because most people don't have SP iirc.
Didnt that make Gods has Acausality type 4?

Also; because I know DT is gonna disagree if I don't clearly lay out evidence for SP = Soul.

1) SP is also known as 'Soul Power', in Kizuna's world. And Naofumi theorizes that it stands for 'Soul Points' in his own transported world.

2) Naofumi's skill, called 'soul eat' drains SP.

3) 'Soul Eat' is most effective against 'Spirit people', who are said to be similar to ghosts. Semi-Transparent and called spirits by most people.

4) In volume 7 of the LN; Ost uses magic called 'Soul Light' to recover Naofumi's SP. And in her incantation, she flat out says she's healing Naofumi's soul.

5) Naofumi's internal monologue on 'soul eat' says 'Maybe it's an ability that "eat's the enemy's soul" in a sense that I absorb their SP.'

6) 'Soul Eat' came from absorbing a monster which was intangible and considered 'ghost-like' in nature.

So what does SP=Souls mean for the verse?
It means most people don't really have traditional souls, or at the very least they aren't reliant on them and would be perfectly fine having them ripped out or whatever. It just means they lose a source of energy.
Soul in the verse is just like Life-Force and magic in that it's another form of energy to draw from. For normal people who don't have hero skills, SP just helps them concentrate and brings them back from unconsciousness.

Basically, only Glass is weak to soul attacks if we consider SP = Soul. So everyone would have Unconventional Resistance to Soul Manipulation via that

Alright, let's go through this.
  • NPI is fine. I would list it as just a likely, though. Strictly speaking, they never said that fish is intangible, but just that physical attacks don't work, which could also be resistance.
Also additional context for physical attacks not working is that in the Soul Eater fight Naofumi tries to physically grab it but can't. and they're also compared to ghosts kek
Not sure if that's LN only or not tho.

Last edited:
That's not invulnerability, though. And durability negating techniques could still deal tons of damage in terms of HP as the defense stat isn't necessarily applied as usual. Also, I think it would need better statements IMO.

I'm also sceptical regarding the verse equalization idea. I think it's less that damage against SH characters is necessarily calculated to damage in HP and more so that attacks in SH are forced to adhere to stats. That's an important difference, as verse equalization doesn't decide how the opponent's attacks work, but only how the SH characters defence does. Like, a gun user facing a SH character won't have the bullet speed and strength be determined by stats, like it would be for SH characters.

Also; because I know DT is gonna disagree if I don't clearly lay out evidence for SP = Soul.
You guessed it.

1) SP is also known as 'Soul Power', in Kizuna's world. And Naofumi theorizes that it stands for 'Soul Points' in his own transported world.
Is that in the web novel, too, or just LN stuff? Additionally, manipulating soul power ≠ soul manip. Mana in Kumo desu Ga is a good example for that. In fact, if we interpret it as soul power that would be more against soul manip and more in favor of being a secondary spiritual energy type.

2) Naofumi's skill, called 'soul eat' drains SP.
Well, as said, going by names isn't really reliable.

3) 'Soul Eat' is most effective against 'Spirit people', who are said to be similar to ghosts. Semi-Transparent and called spirits by most people.
I mean, isn't that because spirit people use SP instead of HP? Have we even evidence in the WN that those are actually spirit like?

4) In volume 7 of the LN; Ost uses magic called 'Soul Light' to recover Naofumi's SP. And in her incantation, she flat out says she's healing Naofumi's soul.
LN evidence doesn't really apply, though.

5) Naofumi's internal monologue on 'soul eat' says 'Maybe it's an ability that "eat's the enemy's soul" in a sense that I absorb their SP.'
Which WN chapter?

6) 'Soul Eat' came from absorbing a monster which was intangible and considered 'ghost-like' in nature.
Ghost-like I can agree with. IIRC it was never stated to be intangible. But ghost like ≠ soul and stuff.

So what does SP=Souls mean for the verse?
It means most people don't really have traditional souls, or at the very least they aren't reliant on them and would be perfectly fine having them ripped out or whatever. It just means they lose a source of energy.
Soul in the verse is just like Life-Force and magic in that it's another form of energy to draw from. For normal people who don't have hero skills, SP just helps them concentrate and brings them back from unconsciousness.
That seems speculative from the evidence presented. Like, if SP is soul power than it probably isn't actually a soul in itself, but just power from the soul.

Last edited:
That's not invulnerability, though. And durability negating techniques could still deal tons of damage in terms of HP as the defense stat isn't necessarily applied as usual. Also, I think it would need better statements IMO.
My point is that in-universe, durability negation attacks only deal more damage than regular physical attacks when you're up against an absolute tank like Naofumi. Unless it causes a status effect (Curse, Mind Control, Poison ect). And you said this isn't invulnerability, but I'd say it is under the condition that it's an attack that's durability negation and doesn't cause a status effect. Even on the Invulnerability page, it mentions conditional invulnerability, which is exactly what this is (All invulnerability is conditional but kek)
I'm also sceptical regarding the verse equalization idea. I think it's less that damage against SH characters is necessarily calculated to damage in HP and more so that attacks in SH are forced to adhere to stats. That's an important difference, as verse equalization doesn't decide how the opponent's attacks work, but only how the SH characters defence does. Like, a gun user facing a SH character won't have the bullet speed and strength be determined by stats, like it would be for SH characters.
I mean, we let bleach characters walk around soul crushing everyone despite the fact that equalizing energies would normally mean soul crush doesn't work against people of similar strength.

This is a similar situation here. Because stats are a thing in SH, regardless of who they're facing, the SH character themselves will still be bound by stats. So, you'd need to get their HP down to 0 through damage.

There's no actual proof that it's a weakness of their durability negation attacks, just like there's no actual proof Bleach's SC doesn't work on stronger characters because of a weakness of the SC.
Is that in the web novel, too, or just LN stuff?
I'm mainly talking about LN stuff rn tbh. Some of this stuff I remember from the WN too, but it's a lot easier to keep track of LN stuff for me (Plus it's a better read).
Well, as said, going by names isn't really reliable.
It's not just the name DT. It's all of this stuff. From SP related attacks being called "Soul Eat", to SP also being known as "Soul Power", to Naofumi getting Soul Eat from a monster that was Ghost-like in nature and he could not physically touch, to Naofumi acknowledging "Eating someone's soul" as draining their SP, and Ost in an incantation used to recover SP saying she's healing Naofumi's soul.
Which WN chapter?
Like I said, this is mostly LN stuff; I'm just troubleshooting with you right now for future CRTs really.

This WN CRT has been long dead.

My point is that in-universe, durability negation attacks only deal more damage than regular physical attacks when you're up against an absolute tank like Naofumi. Unless it causes a status effect (Curse, Mind Control, Poison ect). And you said this isn't invulnerability, but I'd say it is under the condition that it's an attack that's durability negation and doesn't cause a status effect. Even on the Invulnerability page, it mentions conditional invulnerability, which is exactly what this is (All invulnerability is conditional but kek)
It's not like a durability negating attack wouldn't cause any damage, though, even in-universe. In fact, I bet a durability negating attack would deal tons of damage if it isn't resisted. Like, how would you know that a technique which time stops an opponents heart doesn't deal 1 bazillion damage?

I mean, we let bleach characters walk around soul crushing everyone despite the fact that equalizing energies would normally mean soul crush doesn't work against people of similar strength.

This is a similar situation here. Because stats are a thing in SH, regardless of who they're facing, the SH character themselves will still be bound by stats. So, you'd need to get their HP down to 0 through damage.

There's no actual proof that it's a weakness of their durability negation attacks, just like there's no actual proof Bleach's SC doesn't work on stronger characters because of a weakness of the SC.
Bleach stuff is neither a decision that I necessarily support nor do I think it's the same situation.

Like, for one thing, you don't know whether the laws in SH nerf attacks or boost resistance. And, for the other, the opponent isn't part of those laws, which puts the idea into question.

Less than an issue of whether or not a thing is equalized, this is about the fact that we assume that a character's ability will in battle work like in their own verse unless the opponent did something to interfere (like Naofumi changing laws). Saying "it's SH laws therefore that's how it works", is ignoring the fact that the opponent also comes from a verse within its own laws and in those laws the durability would be negated. You're basically favouring SH laws over the opponents verses one's, which is obviously unfair.

IMO you would need evidence like Death Mage characters have to assume such a protection. They have shown that when attacked with a durability negating attack from outside the universe, in which the stats exist, stats still have their usual function in the interaction. They also have some more explicit statements when it comes to durability negation vs stats. With that kind of evidence I am somewhat fine with such things, but just for having a universe in which stuff is bound to stats I think such assumptions go to far.

I'm mainly talking about LN stuff rn tbh. Some of this stuff I remember from the WN too, but it's a lot easier to keep track of LN stuff for me (Plus it's a better read).
Well, I don't read the LN and this is a WN thread. Does it seem irresponsible when I say that I mostly don't care how correct the LN profiles are? There's a reason I didn't press the stat stuff downgrades for it any further than I did.

It's not just the name DT. It's all of this stuff. From SP related attacks being called "Soul Eat", to SP also being known as "Soul Power", to Naofumi getting Soul Eat from a monster that was Ghost-like in nature and he could not physically touch, to Naofumi acknowledging "Eating someone's soul" as draining their SP, and Ost in an incantation used to recover SP saying she's healing Naofumi's soul.

Like I said, this is mostly LN stuff; I'm just troubleshooting with you right now for future CRTs really.
I mean, it being called Soul Power and functioning as energy doesn't really speak in favour of it being soul damage. It sounds more like Reiatsu (or whatever its spelled like) from Bleach, in being some soul related energy but not a soul in itself.

This WN CRT has been long dead.
Honestly, I waited for a yes/no regarding my points on the thread. I guess since none are coming I should just apply what I accepted at this point.

Well, I don't read the LN and this is a WN thread. Does it seem irresponsible when I say that I mostly don't care how correct the LN profiles are? There's a reason I didn't press the stat stuff downgrades for it any further than I did.
Well, no point in talking about LN stuff then.
They're a good read.
I'm working on LN revisions rn actually. which may include an AP downgrade because destroying a mountain apparently isn't assumed to be a mountain level feat unless a calc puts it there...

Problem is, the mountain busting feat literally only happens in LN text, not in the manga, and not even in the WN iirc. The final hope is that it'll happen in the anime.

Baseline for mountain busting is Low 7-B.
Honestly, I waited for a yes/no regarding my points on the thread. I guess since none are coming I should just apply what I accepted at this point.
I would say so.

Back