• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Man (Classic) vs Lucy (Elfen Lied).

I need to confirm this real quick, Mega can shoot during Time Stop right? I remembered in 2 that you couldn't but wasn't that a hardware limitation?
In Super Adventure Rockman he could shoot in stopped time, but only in gameplay. It's weird how it's portrayed ngl. At the very least he can punch and kick in stopped time so lol. One thing to consider is that he has to switch over to the weapon and then activate it. He can do so relatively quickly mind you (as shown when he analytically predicted Flash Man in SAR), but Lucy would likely get her forcefield out before he activates Time Stop if it came down to the draw.

Also, I've been thinking about this MU more, and this just seems like an absolute coin toss tbh. Since Rock technically has never encountered anything like Lucy (at least at this point in time since this is before Mega Man V), it's difficult to concretely argue and say what he'd certainly do in a situation like this (he has the hax to pull it off, but it's unknown if he'd actually pull it off given he'd have to use it in a way we can't prove he'd do). At the same time, Lucy hasn't had to destroy a sentient machine so the same applies to her Dura Neg win-con (I can't prove that she'd figure out). It's also fairly difficult to say which would give in first to their weaknesses first and the like given both can be both very resourceful and cunning (Rock is more the former while Lucy is more the latter, but I don't think it'd impact the MU too much), especially when they know everything according to the OP: their weaknesses, their abilities, etc. Both technically have answers to everything they have, but both know that they can't keep up with such answers forever and know it'll be tricky to figure out one another (Rock running out of ammunition for the weapons that keep him in the game and Lucy melting herself to death).

These are things X_Squared and I have been thinking about. So... I might just go Inconclusive ngl. MU's too close to decide who would really win lol

I need to confirm this real quick, Mega can shoot during Time Stop right? I remembered in 2 that you couldn't but wasn't that a hardware limitation?
It varies in different media.

In Mega Man 2 yeah, Rock can't fire while Time Stopper is active and it can be used once

Meanwhile, in Super Adventure Rockman, he stops time with each shot fired from the Mega Buster. As time is stopped for several seconds with each shot, Rock can fire during that period of stopped time and even switch Special Weapons and fire. That also means he can use Time Stopper multiple times instead of once. But yeah, he can attack during stopped time here.

There's also other minute differences in other media but yeah that's it.

Last edited:
I agree, I have to say inconclusive as well. Migue explains it nicely.

The way this match is set up and the abilities of both Lucy and Rock make this very difficult to judge. It's hard to gauge who does what, who will outlast the other, whose abilities are more useful, etc. I can see this dragging on if we decided to argue further.

So yeah, I vote inconclusive now.

yknow what, I rather have a match on the board then have a long argument that results in no one getting enough votes to put this on the pages so sure. Incon.

I have an idea.

in like half a year. We make a new thread, and link it to this one. Might get better traction

Unironically thinking about doing that for my GV threads plz guys I’m desperate

yes plz I'm dying here I'm just tryna do my part for awareness man it's a good franchise

I have a deal then, I'm going to give attention to Gunvolt threads, You're going to give attention to Raz/Psychonauts threads.

I will be surprised if that would actually work.

Back