• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Man (Classic) vs Lucy (Elfen Lied).

Starting distance by SBA is 4 km and both can attack from that distance.
Since megaman can't see vectors He would likely just shoot and Lucy after some time would catch him and crush, when Megaman couldn't be able to do something with it since he can't see vectors.
So I guess Lucy wins, correct me if I wrong.

Anywho... Jokes aside.

Since I know both from the back of my hand, I have to say that Kaede wins with rather low-difficulty. Rock has, like, no way of seeing -let alone interacting- with her vectors. She also already ***** on him in range and is likely to lead with phasing dura negation. So Rock is already off to a baaaaaaaaaaaaad start. And the moment Kaede pulls out her island-sized vectors, it's pretty much over for Rock boy.

Rock can stop time, maybe use Rain Flush or Gravity Hold to beat her, but it's so dubious he'd lead with that in the first place (which he's gonna need to do if he wants to win lol). Not to mention that Kaede can just put up a forcefield to defend herself from Rain Flush. And even if she did take some damage from not shielding in time, she has the stamina to keep going if her arm, leg, or even torso is melting. So... Yeah.

There really isn't much else to say. Voting my girl Kaede for my reasons and the ones provided above.

Last edited:
Does Rock even have a good chance of winning here?

Sure, Lucy doesn't resist things like time manipulation, acid/corrosion, gravity manipulation, etc. However, the problem with that is she has numerous vectors (that he can't possibly detect whatsoever) that'll prevent him from even landing or doing anything to her at all. What's stopping her from just restraining him right off the bat? At that point, Rock would be completely immobilized and can't even hope to fire a single weapon or even try to comprehend what's happening as he's never fought anything like Lucy's vectors before. She'll likely rip him apart before he gets to do anything else.

Rock has some advantages here such is resistance to Lucy's biological effects, higher AP, higher LS, etc. but those seem irrelevant if Rock is just held and torn apart from the beginning without any knowledge of what did so in the first place. Besides, Lucy has much higher range (planetary vectors if she wanted), dura neg, etc. It's kind of like a Stand User fighting a non-Stand User for a comparison, but it's much worse. This just seems like a stomp for the most part to me.

Well still, you get the point. Invisible and intangible vectors just seals the deal. Better range, dura neg, it being impossible for him to detect...

I don't know how he's going to answer that in a timely fashion before she actually starts going in.

Doesn't greater distance favor Lucy though? Sure Mega Man is a ranged fighter, but she's superior in that her attacks can't be detected and her range can increase even further. Even shorter distance, I don't know if it will change much.

Doesn't greater distance favor Lucy though? Sure Mega Man is a ranged fighter, but she's superior in that her attacks can't be detected and her range can increase even further.
I mean if she pushes herself too much, she'll start to melt. Remember that weakness.

I mean if she pushes herself too much, she'll start to melt. Remember that weakness.
Considering her standard range, I doubt pushing herself will be much of an issue. Especially since Rock is close by. If Rock had prior knowledge about that or something and ******* ran away by just teleporting to another solar system, then that'd be a problem LMAO.

Now this is much closer lol

I’ll probs debate this sometime later to reformulate the argument.

What do both have prior knowledge about exactly? I assume Mega Man has knowledge on Lucy's vectors (since that was an issue), but what does she know about him?

Well, at the very least she'll try to keep her vector forcefield up as much as possible knowing how deadly the abilities are and try to get off the ground ASAP

Well, at the very least she'll try to keep her vector forcefield up as much as possible knowing how deadly the abilities are and try to get off the ground ASAP
Perhaps. You know Rock better than me, so how does he deal with that?

When I say Prior Knowledge, I mean they both know everything.
That... just completely minimalizes this entire debate by a lot.

I've heard of prior knowledge about certain abilities and such, but if they both know EVERYTHING about each other, then there's really nothing else to talk about other then who's gonna use a certain ability before the other without any room for anything else really. The fact that both of them know each other means they'll likely camp super hard on each other and just play this whole thing cheap. Just takes the fun and thinking out of it really and makes it into a big, slow-moving chess game imo. But maybe that's just me.

Lucy will just use her forcefield and play it extremely safe while using her Vectors to move around the area Mega Man would play extremely safe himself and keep himself far away while likely busting out cheap tactics too. Considering the range difference and the fact he can't see the Vectors that are likely gonna deflect his shit, he's not gonna take chances and just use Special Weapons that are more likely to hit like his homing weapons while also busting out AoE weapons like Flash Stopper, Rain Flush, Gravity Hold, Time Slow and Time Stop. Funnily enough, "Time Stop GG" is actually a win-con here if he can pull it off.

So basically who does whatever first is key here and how long they can keep it up.

All right, since they both know everything about each other, I'm gonna say Mega Man now takes this.

For one, he already has several notable advantages such as higher AP (About 2x I believe), greater lifting strength (making it impossible for Lucy to restrain him), hax abilities up his sleeve (Time Stopper, Gravity Hold, Time Slow), varied abilities and has resistance to a good portion of Lucy's biological abilities (i.e. nerve striking, organ removal, etc.) that make them useless due to him being a robot. She's not gonna know how to screw around with the insides of a robot as advanced as Mega Man, especially when she's a little weaker here already as it is so it's not as if she'll inflict as much damage anyway.

Secondly, the fact that Mega Man already knows everything about her is terrifying in this case. He's undoubtedly more experienced and skilled in combat and is the most strategic fighter here. He would already know the nature of her Vectors and what she can do overall. That being said, Mega Man would likely take advantage of her weaknesses (as he always does when it comes to combat) and try to maintain a distance between them while bombarding her with abilities that are more likely to hit like Rain Flush and Gravity Hold. By doing so, he would likely aim to get her frustrated enough to overexert herself and thus cause her to melt. Also, he knows to focus on Lucy's horns and cause enough pain which could give him a window of time to attack while she isn't in complete control of her Vectors. Now Lucy may know everything about Mega Man as well, but the only notable weakness he has here is his limited ammunition. Sure, she can use her Vectors to swat away other weapons to waste ammo and use her forcefield to ensure that Mega Man doesn't just time stop to finish it off. Also, she knows the nature of his weapons and how they work, but that's not enough against someone as intelligent, resourceful and experienced as Mega Man imo.

Mega Man's weaknesses aren't as grievous as Lucy's and the fact that she has a few limitations and weaknesses to exploit compared to Mega Man's mere ammunition supply plays in the Blue Bomber's favor in the long run, making it so he can capitalize on a lot more than she can. On top of that, Mega Man has the stamina to continue the fight as long as he can and, assuming he has Energy Tanks here, can instantly heal himself if he does get significantly get damaged whereas Lucy's stamina, while high, can be cut down from overexertion and damage and idk if her healing is as potent or efficient (correct me if I'm wrong).

In short, Mega Man has the advantage over Lucy can thanks to his experience, more strategical mind and a more varied arsenal that can counter her, protect himself and answer many problems that may rise. That's also along with the fact he has higher AP, higher LS, unlimited stamina, some hax and resistance to a good portion of her abilities. The fact that he already knows her weaknesses (which are major) is a big problem as well and said weaknesses like overexertion may come into play in a battle as close and strenuous as this. I mean there's just so much he can do. He can use Gravity Hold to throw her off balance (and high into the air) so he can move in and do something, use Time Slow to make it more unlikely for him to get hit along with his many forcefield Special Weapons (he could even use his teleporter to stay away if he needs to), use Time Stopper to stop time and get potential killing blow once he finds an opening (something which he isn't gonna carelessly waste), use Rain Flush to create an acid rain storm in the area, use Flash Stopper to potentially blind and stun Lucy a few times... yeah, you get the idea. It may sound farfetched to think he would do some of these things, but if he knows everything about her, he's not going to hesitate against someone as deadly as her and would find the most efficient way to win.

Whistles

That’s quite an argument there. ^_^’

Guess I’ll have to bring up mine now, which admittedly isn’t as big as XSquared LOL. Or... at least I think it won’t be...

Anyway, since she knows everything he can do, Lucy will try her damnest to get out of Rock’s range which I guess she can arguably do given most of Rock’s options (except Time Stop & Gravity Hold) don’t stop her from doing so. That and she has the tendency to use the objects in her surroundings as distractions & all that other jazz to help herself. Given the above, and the fact that it is in character for her to spam range and has better consistent mobility, I can see that happening.

Lucy also has a valuable advantage in the fact that she can more easily multi-task: she can use forcefields while using AOE attacks, range attacks, dura neg, etc. Something Rock can’t do with much proficiency being limited to being able to use one-two weapons at a time (idk if we’re counting Mega Man 8 & 11’s ability to use both a special ability and the Mega Buster since this is Pre-Stardroids). Essentially, she can attack while defend at the same time. This with a touch of invisibility and unpredictability will help the mutant queen big time in dealing with his hax so to say. Not only that, but also sort of control the battlefield more.

There is also the fact that Rock has no real answer to an Island-sized vector literally just ramming him from above or below, really. Especially while enraged (which then one can argue Lucy has the AP advantage very briefly). At that point, it just gets too overwhelming for him to handle because the vectors are just too large to deal with speeds equal. It is still very hard for him to deal with the vectors in normal size due to the fact that Rock can’t see them or interact with them, and that’s gonna be all the more troublesome when they start changing sizes lol

Her not knowing Rock’s physiology also shouldn’t really stop her from at least trying to rip out circuits to see what it does. It may not be as effective, but a dura negging advantage is an advantage and she’ll try to use that in some way especially when Rock can’t effectively answer without the usage of certain special weapons.

I just realised that her knowing how Flash Stopper works will just give her ALL the more reason to get out of his range and stick to that strategy given a flashbang she didn’t see coming nearly got her killed (in her rematch against Bando in case you’re curious). So she’s not taking her chances here knowing about that ability.

I guess Lucy can stop herself from getting BFRd if she keeps a vector anchored to something like the ground or a building, since Rock’s Gravity Hold just yeets them into the air so hard they end up in space and it’s not constant gravity being applied to her. At least that’s how I interpret the ability.

And this brings me to this last paragraph regarding the following: her weakness. Lucy knows damn well she can’t keep abusing the hell out of her abilities forever or else she’ll eventually die. As I’ve outlined, she can -more or less at least- answer to most, if not all, of Rock’s options for quite some time. However, Lucy cannot really respond to these forever, and she knows this well. And she even knows Rock can’t keep up his tricks forever either ‘cause lolpriorknowledge. Due to this, I emphasize that Lucy will try her damnest to keep away from Rock’s range ASAP and try to finish things before she melts herself to death.

TLDR; gonna keep my vote for Lucy for better and more consistent mobility, better range, better AOE, better multi-tasking capability, invisibility, intangibility, the ability to momentarily reverse Rock’s minimal AP gap and matching level-headedness. Except this time, instead of it being low-diff, I say high-diff. For more elaboration on my points, just read the goddamn essay I just wrote 😆

Last edited:
I can argue that even without knowledge Mega can still win. Hes a robot, so he doesn’t have squishy insides like humans do, whether she attacks inside or outside things are likely the same ngl. Maybe the solar core is a weak point but that thing is probably built to be very secure, plus I doubt Lucy would know exactly what to target.

But this is with knowledge. Mega’s opening move would be something that messes with Lucy instantly, what comes to mind is Flash Stopper, the blinding light would disorientate to the point where it acts like a time stop, even to actual robots. Lucy doesn’t have senses other than what seems specific to her own species/kind. Then just Gravity Hold her. You can argue that she can grab buildings or stuff, but Mega can likely just shoot the buildings or ground where her vectors are grabbing. While he can’t see where the vectors are, considering that it’s 20g, there’s bound to be cracks where they are anchored, shoot those things and she’ll go flying. The blinding light would prevent her from seeing any more possible anchor points, and she flies off.

this is only one possible way he can deal with her. just one, so, yeah

Mega Mid Diff

I honestly don't think she'd even let herself get hit by Gravity Hold in the first place, even if she was Blind considering her huge Range Advantage and being able to keep herself really high in the air. Also, there's no way he can Unnattach her from the ground like that when she has like 20 or so Vectors keeping her there and attacking him all at once.

It's not that she can't get affected (cause it is a gravity weapon after all so how can she not) it's just that she has ways to counter Gravity Hold.

Hmm, but yeah. Still thinking hard about this one.

I need to confirm this real quick, Mega can shoot during Time Stop right? I remembered in 2 that you couldn't but wasn't that a hardware limitation?

Back