• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired
EDIT:
After some discussion, another option for Depowered Surtur is to just reword the justifications of his AP, LS and Speed ratings:
Country level (His fire blast slowly pushed back Pre-Awakening Thor, who noticeably struggled and put in significant effort to overpower it)
Massively Hypersonic+ combat and reaction speed (Although significantly slower, he could still somewhat react to attacks from Pre-Awakening Thor)
Unknown physically, at least Class M with Fire Manipulation (His fire blast slowly pushed back Pre-Awakening Thor, who noticeably struggled and put in significant effort to overpower it)
Plus, Self-Sustenance Type 1, Magma Manipulation and Explosion Manipulation have no justifications and should be removed if Depowered Surtur have no feats of such. Though Eternal Flame Surtur could still have Vibration Manipulation for causing a fiery shockwave after driving his sword into Asgard

Last edited:
Looks good.
I don't know how reliable this is, so I don't expect this to get accepted, but Surtur claims that he cannot die until he fulfils his destiny of destroying Asgard at Ragnarok, which might be Immortality Type 8
Eh, I don’t think that’s enough to qualify.

The changes in speed, AP and LS are fine, I also think that his Eternal Flame key shouldn't scale to Hela's Relativistic+ speed since he didn't really react to any of her attacks and didn't blitz her like his profile states, she just rushed him but she had nothing to do. Neutral on Immortality

Big disagree with this

Hela was unable to get out of the way of a sword strike from him even when she knew it would be fatal to her

That constitutes as some degree of relativity to me otherwise she would have dodged it to save her life

Also Surtur DOES straight up dodge an attack from Hela

Hela was unable to get out of the way of a sword strike from him even when she knew it would be fatal to her

That constitutes as some degree of relativity to me otherwise she would have dodged it to save her life
Hela reacted to the attack, she simply had nothing to do since Asgard would be destroyed along with her anyways even if she dodged the attack
Surtur dodged that by accident by brandish his sword, he didn't react to the attack

That was because the knockback of Hela's previous attack, not because Surtur reacted to it
Watching frame by frame you can see it was directly aimed at his head

Even if you don't want to say that he did visably react to the attack and move in tandem with it
Hela reacted to the attack, she simply had nothing to do since Asgard would be destroyed along with her anyways even if she dodged the attack
Why would she not want to save herself in that scenario?

Why is the default assumption "She didn't react because Asgard was going to be destroyed, so she just decided to die" instead of "She didn't react to the attack because she couldn't react to the attack"

Also even if we did say he's slower, which the scene does imply, It still shows Surtur being somewhat relative to Hela's blades while they're moving

Aint no way in hell a High Hypersonic character is doing that to Relativistic+ attacks, the worst that happens is he downscales

Also same thing goes for weakened Surtur, though he was getting dogged on he still managed to react to a degree to the attacks and even attempted a sword strike during Thor's supposed "Blitz"

I see no reason to list it as unknown since we do have a degree of certainty of where it stands, that being below Thor but still able to react and attempt attacks against him, which is grounds for downscaling in my opinion

As for AP and LS for Weakened Surtur being at most?

I disagree as well

We see Thor struggle to a noticeable degree against Surtur's fire attack, in no way is it something he "easily overpowers"

Thor had the upper hand in speed and agility which was the main factor in the battle not that he had a massive AP advantage

Why would Surtur be weaker in AP than his own durability when that is the norm assumed for most characters?

The rating should stay as is IMO

Why would Surtur be weaker in AP than his own durability when that is the norm assumed for most characters?
AP doesn’t scale to durability by default, and that assumption shouldn’t be made unless the character has feats to suggest that it’s the case.

What LordTracer said. There are various characters that have higher Durability than AP
The rating should stay as is IMO
At the very least, the currently shit justifications should still be changed to something like this:
Country level (His fire blast slowly pushed back Pre-Awakening Thor, who noticeably struggled and put in significant effort to overpower it)
Massively Hypersonic+ combat and reaction speed (Although significantly slower, he could still somewhat react to attacks from Pre-Awakening Thor)
Unknown physically, at least Class M with Fire Manipulation (His fire blast slowly pushed back Pre-Awakening Thor, who noticeably struggled and put in significant effort to overpower it)
Also, Self-Sustenance Type 1, Magma Manipulation and Explosion Manipulation have no justifications and should be removed if Depowered Surtur have no feats of such

Last edited:
I agree with this
Neutral

AP doesn’t scale to durability by default, and that assumption shouldn’t be made unless the character has feats to suggest that it’s the case.
Which Surtur does
What LordTracer said. There are various characters that have higher Durability than AP

At the very least, the currently shit justifications should still be changed to something like this:

Also, Self-Sustenance Type 1, Magma Manipulation and Explosion Manipulation have no justifications and should be removed if Depowered Surtur are no feats of such
Agree with this rewording

seeme fine

The MCU's Ragnarock should have the same concept as the real Ragnarock. A necessary and inevitable event, the prophecy that all gods fear.
(If there were statment or WOG to support this I would say it's perfect, but without that I would say it is a "maybe"or a "is likely")

The concept of Ragnarock is that even the gods are forced to face the fact that they cannot escape their fate. Despite their divine properties , they are indeed subject to the same fate as human beings: they too must die.
Surtur in particular embodies "the end" for Asgard. As long as Asgard exists he will inevitably be the one who brings it to its undoing.

Odin did,'t kill Surtur because he was unable to (he ripped him to pieces) but because he could not, Surtur was "protected" by prophecy. All Odin had left was to take away the eternal flame ( his true powers) from Surtur. No Asgardian god (Except Odin) can rival his true destructive power.

in case "possibly" immortality via Ragnarock or something like this should work?!

Last edited:
Heavily disagree with immortality type 8, he died to thor and needed to be resurrected by the flame.

Heavily disagree with immortality type 8, he died to thor and needed to be resurrected by the flame.
I think you misunderstood. Surtur would have a certain kind of immunity until the fulfillment of a certain event in Ragnarock, as the "concept" to which he is bound ceases to exist.
Surtur's existence cannot be erased, as long as Asgard exists Surtur will also exist. Surtur can be "killed" that is, stopped in a conventional way. No matter what happens, he will erase Asgrad.

I think you misunderstood. Surtur would have a certain kind of immunity until the fulfillment of a certain event in Ragnarock, as the "concept" to which he is bound ceases to exist.
Surtur's existence cannot be erased, as long as Asgard exists Surtur will also exist. Surtur can be "killed" that is, stopped in a conventional way. No matter what happens, he will erase Asgrad.
You can say that to all characters who have a destiny. Which we don't.
It's the same as "i can't be killed unless with this specific dager".

You can say that to all characters who have a destiny. Which we don't.
It's the same as "i can't be killed unless with this specific dager".
puppet argoment, the destinies that I have mentioned many times are figures of speech or events that can be modified/changed. Ragnarok is an event that cannot be altered in any way. Mine too was a rhetorical figure.

the comparison with danger is unclear

I simply meant that if it is provable that Surtur is linked to Asgard, it is valid

Shouldn't Eternal Flame Surtur scale above the Tesseract since Hela indicated that the Eternal Flame was above the Tesseract?
There's a different CRT for this. Imo, he should. But his death to Asgard's explosion (which is High 6-B at worst and High 6-A at best rn) is currently being used as a cap for most MCU characters

Updated the OP with some more stuff
After some discussion, another option for Depowered Surtur is to just reword the justifications of his AP, LS and Speed ratings:
Plus, Self-Sustenance Type 1, Magma Manipulation and Explosion Manipulation have no justifications and should be removed if Depowered Surtur have no feats of such. Though Eternal Flame Surtur could still have Vibration Manipulation for causing a fiery shockwave after driving his sword into Asgard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back