• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by current feats, 9-A seems to be the safest bet. The closest thing indication the show itself gives on the Super Skrull potentially scaling to the original powers is Gravik's description, which is of questionable reliability without showings to back it up:
9034877-ba82baa5-28cd-4d1c-9800-b9308de45133.jpeg

9034878-576ac2c9-0a95-46a4-bd80-ef417046ede5.jpeg

9034879-e994cd2b-0014-48d1-aef7-1fe3f285b808.jpeg

9034880-6381a2c0-04da-4eea-96af-f21438ba2c87.jpeg

9034881-b43f5f29-4d60-41ec-884d-297daf087747.jpeg

9034882-45a92f77-604d-44be-bade-803e3e2a86f5.jpeg

9034884-ee7fa309-0842-42b4-8d46-b7d44f45c9e4.jpeg

Behind the scenes statements aren't much more clear on the matter, but here's a few I considered somewhat noteworthy, though probably still not direct enough to support higher scaling:

Director Ali Selim: "That’s best expressed in the moment when Gravik takes the vial from Nick Fury, puts it in the computer where it is analyzed, and we see all the pure superpowers ever. That’s like the moment where we’re like, “OK, this is going to be something.”"

Marvel website article: In Episode 6 of Marvel Studios’ Secret Invasion, Gravik gets exactly what he wants — all the Super Hero power he could ever imagine, including Captain Marvel’s abilities via the Harvest. Unfortunately for Gravik, G’iah gets them, too.

Ali Selim: (from the Assembled: The Making of Secret Invasion documentary on Disney+)
IMG_20231013_232146081.jpg

IMG_20231013_232147887.jpg

IMG_20231013_232149658.jpg

IMG_20231013_232153713.jpg

The closest thing indication the show itself gives on the Super Skrull potentially scaling to the original powers is Gravik's description, which is of questionable reliability without showings to back it up:
Gravik's description is talking about Super Skrulls as a collective group, so it isn't referring to a single individual vs the heroes of Earth. Also, most of the heroes on Earth at that point in time are Tier 9/8
Director Ali Selim: "That’s best expressed in the moment when Gravik takes the vial from Nick Fury, puts it in the computer where it is analyzed, and we see all the pure superpowers ever. That’s like the moment where we’re like, “OK, this is going to be something.”"
The statement is weird, since the computer showed the names of characters, not their superpowers. And having the same superpowers =/= having the same AP
Marvel website article: In Episode 6 of Marvel Studios’ Secret Invasion, Gravik gets exactly what he wants — all the Super Hero power he could ever imagine, including Captain Marvel’s abilities via the Harvest. Unfortunately for Gravik, G’iah gets them, too.
This one is kinda vague. Gravik did get Carol's abilities, but he also didn't show all of them. "all the Super Hero power he could ever imagine" also sounds like an exaggeration
Ali Selim: (from the Assembled: The Making of Secret Invasion documentary on Disney+)
The statement is kinda hyperbolic, and there's been way more powerful stuff than Captain Marvel.

Without explicit powerscaling between Gravik/G'iah and the characters they get their abilities from, I'm very hesitant of scaling them to each other just based on a few same P&A

Base Super Skrull Gravik took attacks from Binary G'iah, but is also sent flying by the Hulk arm + got cut and stabbed by Frost Beast ice, while his Korg arm took attacks from it

Thor one-shotted the Frost Beast and a Kronan marauder stronger than Korg, with the former being explicitly stated in storyboards to be no match for Thor

Last edited:
On the note of Suppressed Captain Marvel, I do think it'd be better to get her own feats calced. I'm certain someone once stated a year or two ago that her hilltop feat got 9-A results, though no blog was posted for it.

Then being 9-A is fine, but universally upgrading everyone else to that seems super sketchy. They would just downscale to a higher 9-B if they are determined to scale at all.
Wait I thought this only scaled to 2 chatacters? Did I miss something?

universally upgrading everyone else to that seems super sketchy. They would just downscale to a higher 9-B if they are determined to scale at all.
I guess that makes sense. Especially now I'm realising that the calc is practically baseline 9-A. I guess normal Skrulls can be 9-B+
Wait I thought this only scaled to 2 chatacters? Did I miss something?
Normal Skrulls downscale from Gravik
I thought someone above was arguing the gang of Skrulls should scale to the Super-Skrulls since they fought them as a group.
It's a downscale since they also got stomped, but still somewhat harmed and restrained him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back