• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU: Power Stone Upgrade

This seems straightforward I guess.
This is the time that you use your admin powers and tag some lazy thread moderators here.
1066813584748855456.webp

Though, wouldn't that mean Thanos amped with the Stone/Gauntlets is also 5-C in durability at least, if not in AP? And wouldn't that make Stormbreaker and Awakened Thor also scale in tandem for being able to damage Thanos?
What was accepted is that the Power Stone only grants 5-C durability when it is activated or glowing, so it isn't a passive amp. It would only apply when Thanos used it to one-shot Captain Marvel

It has been stated some sufficiently strong individuals can hold the Power Stone with their bare hands for at least some time. Star-Lord could hold the Stone for more than seconds by himself before sharing the burden with the Guardians and he was still alive and relatively well (the Stone was only barely starting to destroy his flesh and he could endure it at the moment) and he's definitely MUCH weaker than Thanos. Same for Ronan who could hold it long enough to put it into his hammer and like Quill, he's weaker than Thanos

It has been stated some sufficiently strong individuals can hold the Power Stone with their bare hands for at least some time. Star-Lord could hold the Stone for more than seconds by himself before sharing the burden with the Guardians and he was still alive and relatively well (the Stone was only barely starting to destroy his flesh and he could endure it at the moment) and he's definitely MUCH weaker than Thanos. Same for Ronan who could hold it long enough to put it into his hammer and like Quill, he's weaker than Thanos
I literally have a whole paragraph I could type up along with multiple pics to prove why in Thanos's case it was different but I don't wanna derail the thread so I will leave it at this.
The telltale signs of power stone overload (Burning flesh, energy glowing from there entire body, them threatening to explode, etc) does not appear in the case when Thanos holds it. Yes energy flows through him in purple lines, but they never leave his arm and perforate his entire body

Last edited:
Yeah so? Thanos is much stronger so he can take more but that doesn't mean he can take the whole stuff. Because he's stronger, the process would have been slower but he would have still been affected.

Back