• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
no they are flat out connected comic spiderman is in spiderverse and when we see the real world we see comics there they don’t actually have to interact with each other cosmology to be connected
Spider verse? Nope. The spider verse cartoons have a weird connection to the mcu....until the mcu references them they are a one way thing.
Think of it like a box with 2 boxes inside it 1 is mcu verse and the other is comics
Lol...can't relate

"we should respect that Kevin Feige wants it that way."

Jokes aside, the comics and MCU versions are (like you said) vastly different in many, many ways, which is why they originally had different designations. It helps to make each different version unique. It's like calling the Arkham games the DCAU or saying the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen version of Hogwarts is canon for HP. Plus as said before, they're outright connected like Across the Spider-Verse showed
Isnt that the point of having names like MU (marvel universe) and MCU?
As for the respect the vision stuff, way too many people think this means the directors/storytellers don't have to care about the fans. I'm not saying fans should have the last word, what I'm saying if that just because the vision of the writer should be respected doesn't mean they should ignore fans (or at least respectful fans who just want would actually accept a personal story as long as they don't feel the writers just said "You do not matter".
But it's only logical that MCU has its own 616 because it isn't a part of the comic multiverse...neither is the comic multiverse a part of the mcu multiverse. They different so much so that you cannot call MCU 1999999....I believe that's the entire point behind Kevin's insistence. Sometimes doing what the fans want (which I believe MCU directors do more than any live action franchise ever) leads to some incoherence and disaster.

Spider verse? Nope. The spider verse cartoons have a weird connection to the mcu....until the mcu references them they are a one way thing
Literally not how it works there can’t be a one way street for them being connected also we know they share same verse they even showed a multiversal tree in it + pretty there’s a wog saying Loki made Spiderverse possible

Last edited:
Literally not how it works there can’t be a one way street for them being connected also we know they share same verse they even showed a multiversal tree in it + pretty there’s a wog saying Loki made Spiderverse possible
Well it doesn't change much either or enough to make your point valid.

I mean if the spider verse acknowledges some comic versions of Spiderman it neither makes both verses connected to the point where the destruction of the mcu multiverse is recognised in the comics also.....you get my point? In the comics there is no kang multiversal war.

I loved the heck out of this episode. Probably the most interesting new world to me, and I hope we see more of it.

What If loves to wank Peggy. First with her over-the-top visuals in S1E1, then fighting the Hydra Stomper (which brought down the Red Room), and now she fights the Destroyer and holds against its beam for a while.

1602 Wanda is OP, being able to bring Peggy to another universe when main Wanda couldn't travel between universes without Chavez. She also held back the destruction of the universe for a while.

King Thor was very impressive, probably the strongest MCU Thor yet. He overpowered Wanda and broke through her shields and one-shotted her, and he tanked a time stone blast. Said blast clearly had AP, since it pushed him back.

Steve got an outlier by matching Thanos's blow in the flashback. Thanos swung his arm towards Cap and Cap's punch stopped it.

I loved seeing all the characters in the early modern period and how they interacted with the setting and tech levels. I seriously hope we see more 1602.

Because it means he was never at ultron level they 99% going to make him a jobber next episode who struggles with stuff way below ultron and watcher level
Like what? You haven't watched the next episode, so there's no way you can be sure. You thought they were going to make Odin a jobber, but they didn't.

Like what? You haven't watched the next episode, so there's no way you can be sure. You thought they were going to make Odin a jobber, but they didn't.
They did make Odin a jobber bro clocked hela several times and didn’t down her despite her being a mortal and so weak to the point that a regular soldier made her bleed

Insomniac Spider-Man did somehow get involved in both the Spider-Verse movies and the Spider-Geddon comic event.
You can easily just say that there's two versions of them. Tobey and Andrew's Peters were mentioned to be part of the Spider army during Spider-Verse but that clearly didn't happen to the ones we saw in No Way Home. Besides, the Spider-Verse movies have their own setting rules that don't follow how the comic's setting works (or the MCU for that matter since glitching doesn't exist in the MCU). It's like how the MCU has a version of itself in the comics multiverse while also being completely separate.

So if season 3 is already being teased I’d assume we won’t have to wait that long for it

Guessing this is the "What if Hank Pym & Janet Van Dyne fought the Red Guardian during 1980’s?" that got cut/replaced for season 2. So Wanda musicals, Sutur, and Red Guardian episodes are going to happen in Season 3. Wonder what the other will be since I believe its going to be a shorter season.

People need to stop with the copium of MCU being 199999. MCU and comics are both 616 and separate multiverses. That's a fact you're just going to have to deal with.

There's been multiple multiverse altering events that have happened in the comics that never affected the MCU and vise versa.

I'd be very surprised if season 3 didn't have another Captain Carter episode (presumably a Civil War equivalent).

The top 3 episode scenarios I'd still hope to see at some point are:
  • What if the other half of the universe was snapped?
  • What if Iron Man fought Xu Wenwu?
  • What if Wanda died instead of Pietro?

If season 3 gets a "big bad" similar to Infinity Ultron, I could see a Kang variant (played by a different actor) being used, as it seems like an easy enough way to incorporate Kang again until things can get sorted out on the live-action side of things.

People need to stop with the copium of MCU being 199999. MCU and comics are both 616 and separate multiverses. That's a fact you're just going to have to deal with.

There's been multiple multiverse altering events that have happened in the comics that never affected the MCU and vise versa.
And people need to understand it's not simply throwing a tantrum. Lot of people genuinely grew attached to this, even Iman Vellani. This can sound stupid but it matters for some

Personally I don't care in essence but since that was the original idea and there's no particular reason for the changes (not to mention clashing with Mysterio's character in FFH), I'm not against 199999 being once again the designation.

And people need to understand it's not simply throwing a tantrum. Lot of people genuinely grew attached to this, even Iman Vellani. This can sound stupid but it matters for some

Personally I don't care in essence but since that was the original idea and there's no particular reason for the changes (not to mention clashing with Mysterio's character in FFH), I'm not against 199999 being once again the designation.
The MCU is its own multiverse, with different universes that branch out into alternate realities. At least, that's how I view it.

The MCU is its own multiverse, with different universes that branch out into alternate realities. At least, that's how I view it.
How this is hard and being debated is weird.

Weere they thinking MCU was gon be sharing a multiverse with the comics version? If not then what's the problem with MCU 616?

Last edited:

Growing attached to a number.......Jeez people acting like their pet dog died lmao.

Don't hate how What if looks like some people, but Marvel needs to try out different art styles and animation for future animated projects.

Back