• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
No she was definitely trying to stop Thor because Thor was going to kill them before they could save the universe
So? The rift was more likely to destroy the them all and faster than Thor so makes sense she directs most of her power to the rift rather than Thor that she only needs to distract rather than defeat

9216089-ezgif.com-animated-gif-maker.gif

King Thor looks so sick
Would like to know how does Thor feel about using Vibranium rather than Uru

However, Thor had to use so much power just to sway Wanda and she didn't even have any interest in him, which is really bad for Thor right now

First Wanda was considerably weakened and nearly exhausted from holding off the rift. When she engaged Thor with one of her hands, it makes sense that Thor had her overpowered as we see her tired and OFF afterwards.

This season is so random and nothing is making much sense. Carter shouldn't be fighting Thor at all but I guess Thor was really holding back. And just what will they cook in the next episode? Cannot be another infinity stone saga shit I hope.

First Wanda was considerably weakened and nearly exhausted from holding off the rift. When she engaged Thor with one of her hands, it makes sense that Thor had her overpowered as we see her tired and OFF afterwards.

This season is so random and nothing is making much sense. Carter shouldn't be fighting Thor at all but I guess Thor was really holding back. And just what will they cook in the next episode? Cannot be another infinity stone saga shit I hope.
Why assume this Thor is as powerful as Sacred Timeline Thor. The crux of show What If? is that everything is the same until it isn't, so it scales, but this episode is much like other what if series, namely because it doesn't branch off from the Sacred Timeline. It was always its own thing, just with two supersoldiers being brought over.

Why assume this Thor is as powerful as Sacred Timeline Thor. The crux of show What If? is that everything is the same until it isn't, so it scales, but this episode is much like other what if series, namely because it doesn't branch off from the Sacred Timeline. It was always its own thing, just with two supersoldiers being brought over.
From consistency across the multiverse Odinson Thor has always been superior to any supersoldier. It won't be far fetched to think Thor is also superior in this timeline. In that fight though Carter was only blocking off his attacks because both weapons are made of vibranium....she didn't land a single hit. Albeit she still shouldn't be holding on that long.

From consistency across the multiverse Odinson Thor has always been superior to any supersoldier. It won't be far fetched to think Thor is also superior in this timeline. In that fight though Carter was only blocking off his attacks because both weapons are made of vibranium....she didn't land a single hit. Albeit she still shouldn't be holding on that long.
My point is this Thor wouldn't scale to our Thor, based on a long standing principle within the community, not that he is somehow weaker than Carter.

So we scale this to main Thor or no
I don't see why we would. This isn't a branched reality. This is just a different reality with similar elements to the main one. A scalable episode would be one like S1 Ep5, where everything is the same until a small change happens in 2018. This episode was always different.

Yeah this episode is very different. No scales at all to anyone before. No one's gonna talk about how Tony built an IG gauntlet in the 16's? Man is just too smart.

Why does Leopold Fitz not have a profile?
He is smarter than anyone in the mcu and has enough Inventions and feats via them for a profile.

This episode had some fun concepts, i liked the Yellowjackets being shot out of a gun
Very disappointed that Hawkeye didn't show up because he would fit incredibly well in the setting

Why

are we calling her 199.... Instead of 616?
Even though Kevin Feige said it is 616 we gonna keep using the designation that cant be confused with their comics numeration.
It's not really the first time something like this happens, the wiki still calls Loki variant as God of stories despite the official name is god of time.

It is 199999 - as the mainstream comic universe is called 616 - and only 616 in MS because of Kevin Feige's ego
Not supposed to be an ego thing. The comics and MCU are very different. Two different works. You try to make the designation matter like the cosmological foundations of the mcu is the same as the comics. They aren't. There's comic 616 and there's MCU 616, I really didn't think in my wildest dream that this would matter. Wow!.

Not supposed to be an ego thing. The comics and MCU are very different. Two different works. You try to make the designation matter like the cosmological foundations of the mcu is the same as the comics. They aren't. There's comic 616 and there's MCU 616, I really didn't think in my wildest dream that this would matter. Wow!.
But comics are connected to mcu

But comics are connected to mcu
Connected as in reference point....but nothing beyond that. In the comics we don't have 1999999 being the center or nexus universe, it is 616, the same way 616 is for the mcu. They are a separate cosmos and we should respect that Kevin Feige wants it that way.

"we should respect that Kevin Feige wants it that way."

Jokes aside, the comics and MCU versions are (like you said) vastly different in many, many ways, which is why they originally had different designations. It helps to make each different version unique. It's like calling the Arkham games the DCAU or saying the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen version of Hogwarts is canon for HP. Plus as said before, they're outright connected like Across the Spider-Verse showed

As for the respect the vision stuff, way too many people think this means the directors/storytellers don't have to care about the fans. I'm not saying fans should have the last word, what I'm saying if that just because the vision of the writer should be respected doesn't mean they should ignore fans (or at least respectful fans who just want would actually accept a personal story as long as they don't feel the writers just said "You do not matter".

Connected as in reference point....but nothing beyond that. In the comics we don't have 1999999 being the center or nexus universe, it is 616, the same way 616 is for the mcu. They are a separate cosmos and we should respect that Kevin Feige wants it that way.
no they are flat out connected comic spiderman is in spiderverse and when we see the real world we see comics there they don’t actually have to interact with each other cosmology to be connected

Think of it like a box with 2 boxes inside it 1 is mcu verse and the other is comics

I know this is gonna be pretty obvious but whereas it only kind of felt that way before, now it's clear What if? seems to have a character chilling purpose. Characters that were superpowerful and important in the original stories are used as cannon fodder to make new ones look badass.

Thanos is constantly killed or ridiculed to establish a threat (the virus/Ultron) or skills of some characters (T'Challa/Nebula). The Avengers are reapetedly slaughtered or weaker for the same reason. Loki finally wins only to be taken out by low-level superhumans. Freakin' Odin, the Allfather himself in his prime, is shown to have some difficulties (however minor they are) against a human and a depowered Asgardian with some Magic even though he's capable of absolute destruction just to show off the power of the Ten Rings and is somehow made dependant on Gungnir for battle even though we saw in the movies he doesn't need it for everything and shouldn't be suddenly weaker because he doesn't have it. Thor gets harmed by Captain Hall, even if she shouldn't be that much stronger than Steve himself.

Yes, there's the whole "different universes/characters are not necessarily as strong as they are in the main continuity" but while it can work at times (Infinity Ultron, Hank), it really feels like the writers don't have a lot of ideas except "that super strong character shall be killed/defeated to establish x power" or character chilling.

Back