• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Man
His Unibeam is stated to be light energy, and that it uses a thermoplastic lens and a prismatic shutter to focus the beam. Therefore Iron Man should have Speed of Light attack speed with the Unibeam, like with his lasers
  • Note: no one scales to the speed of the Unibeam
Dormammu
Dormammu can manipulate the essence of those he has power over, according to WoG, the essence of someone is the soul, therefore he should have Soul Manipulation

Soul Stone
Even with the power of the Soul Stone itself along with the other Infinity Stones, someone who was sacrificed for the Soul Stone cannot be resurrected, therefore it should have Resurrection Negation

Time Stone
Currently, the Time Stone and DSS have Causality Manipulation due to this:
Which should be changed to Fate Manipulation, since it reversed Christine's unalterable fate rather than cause and effect. In addition to that, the Time Stone should also have 2-A Environmental Destruction via removing an Absolute Point in time as it results in the total destruction of the timeline, though I don't know which characters could scale to that as DSS was only able to do that after absorbing creatures for hundreds of years and his counterpart

Power Stone
Currently, it has Power Nullification due to this, which I think should be changed to Spatial Manipulation since it destroyed the Mirror Dimension rather than nullifying it. It should also have Fire Manipulation because of this and Telekinesis since it stopped a spear in mid-air

According to a guidebook, the Power Stone atomized Ronan, therefore it should have Matter Manipulation and Deconstruction, and the characters who have resisted its most powerful beams without such effects (Iron Man and Captain Marvel) should have resistance to that

The Power Stone should also have a base power of "At least 6-B" as it could have easily killed a wounded Thor and was able to knock back Mark 50 Iron Man while using a shield and later it blasted him away

Last edited:
Iron Man
His Unibeam is stated to be light energy, and that it uses a thermoplastic lens and a prismatic shutter to focus the beam. Therefore Iron Man should have Speed of Light attack speed with the Unibeam, like with his lasers
Iron Man's repulsors should have comparable speed
Thor was pretty badly injured at this point, no?

Anyways, I fully agree with everything else

Last edited:
Iron Man's repulsors should be of a comparable speed
I know this is joking but to avoid possible confusion if you see the frame by frame in a video with better quality you can see how the Unibeam is faster than the Repulsors
Neutral about Iron Man because of nanobots stuff and he was losing quite a lot of it iirc
Visually Iron Man didn't lose any piece of armor because of that, only when Thanos began to tear it apart with his bare hands

Yeah. I'm rewatching the scene. Iron Man having the Resistance should be alright

I personally think Thor should also have the Resistance to some extent, since he endured direct exposure to the Power Stone for an extended period of time while in a significantly wounded state. But maybe that's just some of my personal bias to him and I don't mind if he doesn't get it

Last edited:
I personally think Thor should also have the Resistance to some extent, since he endured direct exposure to the Power Stone for an extended period of time while in a wounded state. But maybe that's just some of my personal bias to him
I mean, Thanos was just torturing Thor and eventually he was going to kill him with the Power Stone. I think a better feat for Thor is him resisting Gungir beams which disintegrated Laufey who fought and wounded Odin's eye

Iron Man
Dormammu
Dormammu can manipulate the essence of those he has power over, according to WoG, the essence of someone is the soul, therefore he should have Soul Manipulation

Soul Stone
Even with the power of the Soul Stone itself along with the other Infinity Stones, someone who was sacrificed for the Soul Stone cannot be resurrected, therefore it should have Resurrection Negation

Time Stone

Which should be changed to Fate Manipulation, since it reversed Christine's unalterable fate rather than cause and effect. In addition to that, the Time Stone should also have 2-A Environmental Destruction via removing an Absolute Point in time as it results in the total destruction of the timeline, though I don't know which characters could scale to that as DSS was only able to do that after absorbing creatures for hundreds of years and his counterpart

Power Stone
Currently, it has Power Nullification due to this, which I think should be changed to Spatial Manipulation since it destroyed the Mirror Dimension rather than nullifying it. It should also have Fire Manipulation because of this and Telekinesis since it stopped a spear in mid-air

According to a guidebook, the Power Stone atomized Ronan, therefore it should have Matter Manipulation and Deconstruction, and the characters who have resisted its most powerful beams without such effects (Iron Man and Captain Marvel) should have resistance to that

The Power Stone should also have a base power of "At least 6-B" as it could have easily killed a wounded Thor and was able to knock back Mark 50 Iron Man while using a shield and later it blasted him away
Dormmamu,soul stone and time stone are fine. Ironman upgrade seems odd considering his hand repolusors aren’t shown to be slower then his unibeam plus I’m pretty sure they’ve been describe as being “particle beams” or whatever.

the power stone dosen’t need a base power rating tbh(plus it’s shown to be lower then 6-b at times) considering thanos was actively not using the power stone to its full potential with the expection of strange and tony(I think)

Ironman upgrade seems odd considering his hand repolusors aren’t shown to be slower then his unibeam
The opposite actually as I already pointed out
the power stone dosen’t need a base power rating tbh(plus it’s shown to be lower then 6-b at times) considering thanos was actively not using the power stone to its full potential with the expection of strange and tony(I think)
Already addressed that, the weakest characters (9-B to 8-C+) only survived small bursts, medium characters like the Guardians (Low 7-C) only survived a pulse, instead the 6-B characters survived being exposed to the stone itself or powerful beams

The opposite actually as I already pointed out

Already addressed that, the weakest characters (9-B to 8-C+) only survived small bursts, medium characters like the Guardians (Low 7-C) only survived a pulse, instead the 6-B characters survived being exposed to the stone itself or powerful beams
Seemed more like he fired the unibeam first before the hand repulsers tbh . Plus there’s also this

8910599-be7159f6-c4da-4628-b2bf-548510b9a786.jpeg

ya, because thanos let them

(1:08)

Plus there’s also this
Well, one of the purposes of this CRT is upgrading the Unibeam to SoL based on it being light energy, not the Repulsors to SoL based on them being a particle beam, if you want you can make your own CRT
ya, because thanos let them
That doesn't change the fact that Thanos was going to kill Thor to get the Space Stone from Loki, nor that he was able to push back and damage Iron Man, nor that he was able to one-shot Captain Marvel with a charged attack. Again, nobody of the weak characters who aren't 6-B were hit with those types of attacks

Well, one of the purposes of this CRT is upgrading the Unibeam to SoL based on it being light energy, not the Repulsors to SoL based on them being a particle beam, if you want you can make your own CRT

That doesn't change the fact that Thanos was going to kill Thor to get the Space Stone from Loki, nor that he was able to push back and damage Iron Man, nor that he was able to one-shot Captain Marvel with a charged attack. Again, nobody of the weak characters who aren't 6-B were hit with those types of attacks
Fair enough

And that doesn’t change what I said, thanos was holding(agianst the majority atleast). It doesn’t matter if they were hit the same way it’s coming from the same source of energy regardless

And that doesn’t change what I said, thanos was holding(agianst the majority atleast).
That doesn't change that the base power of the Power Stone is at least 6-B, Thanos would have killed Thor if Loki didn't give him the Space Stone and he wasn't holding back during Endgame when he one-shot Captain Marvel
It doesn’t matter if they were hit the same way it’s coming from the same source of energy regardless
There is a clear difference between some of its attacks, Thanos never used the small bursts or pulses against the 6-B characters even if he was holding back. It doesn't matter that the attacks come from the same energy source when its user can control the power of the attacks

That doesn't change that the base power of the Power Stone is at least 6-B, Thanos would have killed Thor if Loki didn't give him the Space Stone and he wasn't holding back during Endgame when he one-shot Captain Marvel

There is a clear difference between some of its attacks, Thanos never used the small bursts or pulses against the 6-B characters even if he was holding back. It doesn't matter that the attacks come from the same energy source when its user can control the power of the attacks
Not really, the power stone as shown to take longer to kill weaker opponents(though it wasn’t being controlled). Ok that doesn’t change what I said, I know that’s why I said the “majority”

he technically did when he threw a moon at stark and he did something similar when he destroyed Thor’s ship. Exactly, so why dose it matter if the attacks look different

Not really, the power stone as shown to take longer to kill weaker opponents(though it wasn’t being controlled).
And?
he technically did when he threw a moon at stark
Are you seriously comparing this to this?
he did something similar when he destroyed Thor’s ship.
That was another kind of attack which engulfed the entire ship in purple fire, which didn't even kill a wounded Thor
Exactly, so why dose it matter if the attacks look different
Because against strong characters he uses powerful beams and against the weak small bursts or pulses, it's like saying that this attack of Thor is as strong as this one

Iron Man
Looks good
Dormammu
Looks good
Looks good
Time Stone

Seems alright
Power Stone
100% agree. This didn't seem like nullification at all to me

The Power Stone will always be weird with AP because its mostly relevant to what its targeting, so I'm not sure if I agree on it earning a Base AP rating. However, Resistance stuff seems fine

And?

Are you seriously comparing this to this?

That was another kind of attack which engulfed the entire ship in purple fire, which didn't even kill a wounded Thor

Because against strong characters he uses powerful beams and against the weak small bursts or pulses, it's like saying that this attack of Thor is as strong as this one
And the base power wouldn’t exactly be 6-b it varies unless controlled

Yes, in terms of them visual looking similar

Fair enough there

dosen’t really matter if he can control the potency of it, like he used a burst/pulse on a celestial body instead of using a beam or something

The Power Stone will always be weird with AP because its mostly relevant to what its targeting, so I'm not sure if I agree on it earning a Base AP rating.
If we're going to throw out all the Power Stone feats from IW because Thanos used different attacks, which I already explained them but well, and was holding back, we still have the Power Stone one-shotting Captain Marvel, and at that point Thanos wanted to kill everyone and destroy the universe

This needs more to it than just saying it's a light beam to get a SoL rating in my view. Something being called light or a particle does not and should not give it an instant SoL justification.
Dormammu
Alright
It would only be limited resurrection negation due to the limitation of how it negates things
Time Stone
I do agree with the Fate Manipulation change, but not the 2-A one. A Absoutle Point is a cosmic necessity. Once changed the universe expierences a paradoxes and then collaspes.

What I'm getting at is that Strange did not cause this himself or with his own power, he needed to cause a paradox. So im not sure ED fits.
Power Stone
Thanos used the Power, Space and maybe Reality Stone to shatter the mirror. It's not really a solo power usage. Fire and TK I guess it looks alright.

I disagree here. Ronan wasn't killed by a beam or anything like that, he was killed by directly holding the stone and being atomized. Considering Thanos got a far stronger and notable strength boost when he directly put the stone in his hand, there's a difference between the Gauntlet blast and the stone itself destroying you.

Resistance to those things for Thanos is fine, but you would need to prove the beams Thanos fires have the same ability and the stone's uncontrolled state.
Causing Pain to Thor can be due to any one of its other abilities that Thor isn't resistant to, so I'm not seeing it.

The beam does work, but it's also shown that Thanos can control the output and strength of the stones, so it being 6-B against Iron Man isn't the same as being 6-B on its own.

This needs more to it than just saying it's a light beam to get a SoL rating in my view. Something being called light or a particle does not and should not give it an instant SoL justification.
It is not only because it is light energy, but also because the Unibeam uses a lens to focus the beam, and according to Google a lens is: "a piece of glass or other transparent material with curved sides for concentrating or dispersing light rays"
What I'm getting at is that Strange did not cause this himself or with his own power, he needed to cause a paradox. So im not sure ED fits.
Yeah, Doctor Strange reversed an Absolute Point in time, which produced a paradox that resulted in the total and immediate destruction of the timeline. I don't understand how that doesn't qualify as Environmental Destruction
Thanos used the Power, Space and maybe Reality Stone to shatter the mirror. It's not really a solo power usage.
We only see the Power Stone glow when Thanos destroys the Mirror Dimension, or at least I only see a purple glow
The beam does work, but it's also shown that Thanos can control the output and strength of the stones, so it being 6-B against Iron Man isn't the same as being 6-B on its own.
Thanos was holding back during Infinity War, but in Endgame, where he wanted to kill everyone and destroy the universe, he one-shot Captain Marvel with the Power Stone, that should be the base power, since it varies depending on the size of the target, of the Power Stone without holding back. And it also empowered Ronan to the point of being more powerful than Thanos
but not Marvel who just got decked.
Thanos not only punched Captain Marvel, he also used an energy blast

It is not only because it is light energy, but also because the Unibeam uses a lens to focus the beam,
The lens to focus the beam is just how it channels the energy. It's why Iron Man couldn't use his normal repulsirs when they got damaged by WS and why the Unibeam became triangular when he changed his arc reactor design.

Environmental Destruction
I guess you're right.

We only see the Power Stone glow when Thanos destroys the Mirror Dimension, or at least I only see a purple glow
If you slow it down you can see the Space Stone reflection in the Mirror Wall and the red glow of the Reality Stone. It wasn't just the power stone. To add, right after the punch you can see that the Space Stone was glowing even before Thanos closed his fist.
You're confusing my point here. I don't disagree that Thanos wasn't holding back, I said that being decked by the Power Stone isn't enough to give you resistance to atomic deconstruction. You need long term exposure to get that rating.
Compare that to Iron Man or Ronan. It's a short burst and she's knocked out for the rest of the battle. Ronan and Iron Man were exposured to the beam continuously over a much longer period of time.
I forgot that Thor survived this explosion at the end, would he qualify for the resistance like Iron Man?
In GotG the Power Stone caused similar big explosions. I think he just survived that. Plus in that same scene you can see remaining chunks of ship and the bodies of other Asgardians.

You're confusing my point here. I don't disagree that Thanos wasn't holding back, I said that being decked by the Power Stone isn't enough to give you resistance to atomic deconstruction. You need long term exposure to get that rating.
I was talking about the base AP of the Power Stone, not its Atomic Deconstruction

Even Ultron scaling I'm not sure. Since it was Strange's knowledge + Time Stone rather than raw power wasn't it?

Though if it was just power and the stone, then it would just be Ultron (with a possibly rating) and no one else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back