• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Emil Blonsky additions

Coolboy6

He/Him
Last edited:
Resisting a painful procedure isn't enough to give someone this ability.
Let me see you take a fricking needle to the spine and see how you react.
Shooting a grenade launcher at a none moving target isn't weapon mastery.
He’s still a trained solder that has been trained with firearms and did a flip around Hulk while shooting at him
This a permeant form change that he cannot access without outside help. So its not really a power.
Is it permanent though? He transformed via gamma radiation similar to Banner IIRC

I’ve done that, it’s part of several medical procedures. Hurts like a bitch, but with painkillers and knowledge of what it is and that it’s coming it’s not enough to make the average person scream, hence why they don’t need to put you under. Since this is being done as a proper medical procedure, there’s little chance they didn’t medicate him.

I’ve done that, it’s part of several medical procedures. Hurts like a bitch, but with painkillers and knowledge of what it is and that it’s coming it’s not enough to make the average person scream, hence why they don’t need to put you under. Since this is being done as a proper medical procedure, there’s little chance they didn’t medicate him.
Oh, ok then. I’m not really a medical expert

That's endurance, not resistance to pain manipulation. Pain manipulation is defined as follows
Pain Manipulation is the ability to control the pain experienced either by another, or by the user themself, most often in the form of inducing or intensifying it. Used in such a way, pain manipulation can debilitate, distract, or incapacitate an opponent that the user would not be able to defeat normally, and in some cases, strong pain manipulators may even kill their target outright, usually through shock.

Some characters accomplish this through manipulation of the nervous system, while others may accomplish it by means of mental assault. In such cases, it can potentially delve into psychological harm, and particularly powerful users may accomplish it by targeting the soul itself.
This is Pain Manipulation, not what happened to Blonsky
He’s still a trained solder that has been trained with firearms and did a flip around Hulk while shooting at him
That can be used to justify Weapon Mastery. But not your linked example of shooting a grenade launcher
Is it permanent though?
There's no indication that its temporary
Banner IIRC
Banner's cells release gamma radiation when he's stressed out, which reacts with his Super Soldier Serum and causes the Hulk transformation. When he calms down he reverts back to normal, until he did those gamma experiments between IW and Endgame which resulted in a permeant transformation. Blonsky doesn't have an indication that he operates like pre-Endgame Hulk.

Banner's cells release gamma radiation when he's stressed out, which reacts with his Super Soldier Serum and causes the Hulk transformation. When he calms down he reverts back to normal, until he did those gamma experiments between IW and Endgame which resulted in a permeant transformation. Blonsky doesn't have an indication that he operates like pre-Endgame Hulk.
The debunked stuff I agree shouldn't be used, As stated here he doesn't transform back and he's still abomination in shang chi too so that show's he's not transforming to and from. Supernatural willpower I honestly am neutral about

Weapon Mastery seems fine to add. Isn't he a Colonel or something? He must have tons of weapons and combat experience, so that seems fine to add.

I would know

Isn't he a Colonel or something? He must have tons of weapons and combat experience
In his case it's fine since his background is special forces and he refuses to move up, but being a Colonel doesn't indicate weapon skill in of itself. Officers can get their rankings through college degrees and the like. Also he wasn't technically a Colonel either:
Ross: Blonsky, how old are you? 45?

Blonsky: 39.

Ross: lt takes a toll, doesn't it?
Blosnky: Yes, it does.

Ross: So get out of the trenches. You should be a Colonel by now, with your record.

Blonsky: No, l'm a fighter. l'll be one for as long as l can.

Last edited:
Ah, that's the quote. Knew there was some sort reference to Colonel.

I knew he was special forces, I just didn't supply the context that getting to Colonel that way would definitely be noteworthy.

Bump
Also, I have a question. Why is Blonsky so “weak?” I know he lacks any good feats, but shouldn’t he be at least stronger than Tony Stark in base? At the moment, he seems outmatched by regular Tony Stark which seems ridiculous

Adding Acrobatics and Weapon Mastery to his profile should be pretty uncontroversial changes. Although he should definitely be higher than just Athlete level, shouldn't he be on the level of other Super Soldiers?

In his case it's fine since his background is special forces and he refuses to move up, but being a Colonel doesn't indicate weapon skill in of itself. Officers can get their rankings through college degrees and the like. Also he wasn't technically a Colonel either:
speaking of Blonskys age his profile wrongly says he's 45 in the incredible hulk

Adding Acrobatics and Weapon Mastery to his profile should be pretty uncontroversial changes. Although he should definitely be higher than just Athlete level, shouldn't he be on the level of other Super Soldiers?
That would be done in a separate upgrade

Back