• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MASSIVE Mind Hax (and maybe AP) Upgrade for Mega Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/manual-mmx5.htm

GalacticMMZ

This statement is very likely referring to extraterrestrial organizations and civilizations like the Space Marshalls Duo works for, who presumably protect the galaxy from threats (in fact, this statement explains why they don't show up even once throughout the X series), and were infected by it. This gives Galactic Level mind hax to Sigma and Dark Elf (As well as it's users Omega and possibly Elpizo), and resistance to it to the Guardians, Copy X, Zero (MMZ era more than MMX era), Mega Man X and Axl

The Maverick Virus/Sigma Virus has shown physical durability at several points similar to the cyber elves (Zero killing Sigma in X3 by tuning his Z-Saber to the frequency of the virus being an example), meaning this would possibly be an AP upgrade for anyone relevent in MMZ (which also explains why ME/DE purged the Maverick Virus easily and with not a trace, as it still only has 4-B dura).

On that second note, I'd hesitate to label this an outlier personally since technology progressed from 5-B to 4-B between 20XX and 21XX, I don't see why that would be different in another century (or even 2 centuries)

Eurasia crashed and humanity was on the verge of extinction during the Elf Wars and they explicitly mention that there's a massive energy crisis, which is a driving issue of both Mega Man Zero 3 and 4.

I highly doubt they would have active, populated space colonies by this point.

This isn't referring to space colonies, this is likely referring to Duo and the Space Marshalls, and whatever societies they inhabited, which are implied (such implications showing why Duo never appears) to have been attacked by the virus.

@Bruce

There's no mention of Duo at any point in the X series and they could have just as easily been in another part of the universe.

This is too speculative for my tastes.

Even if it doesn't refer to Duo, the fact that the galaxy (rather than the planet) was at peace during that point shows that some part of the galaxy was threatened and potentially terrorized by the Maverick Virus.

@Bruce

But we don't know anything except about what happens on Earth. We're still making assumptions.

It doesn't help that the Zero series takes place centuries after the X series. The colonies are likely long defunct and would have had no Reploids or Humans on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back