• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive legend of zelda addition

My man travelled through time to prepare for ganondorf, he does something like this in a lot of games so a lot of Links should get Preparation

My man travelled through time to prepare for ganondorf,
He has never done this. He's travelled through time to help in his current quest to fight Ganondorf in OoT and to beat Verona in OoA but he never went through some training arc to get stronger.

he does something like this in a lot of games
  • OoT: Can only time travel with the pedestal of time and only in a set seven year increment
  • MM: Stuck in a 3-Day loop which is only possible with a special musical instrument and he never used this power outside of Termina
  • TP: Can only reverse time in a contained area by using the Pedestal of time again
  • OoA: Can time travel with a blessed harp but only shows it in a different country and gives the harp back. He's also forced to time travel in 400 year increments
  • SS: Has to use the Gates of Time to time travel
Most Links require other objects to time travel and the two that can actively do it only one would have relevant stuff for preparation.

The only Links that would qualify are MM and OoA Link and only with gear they are lent for those adventures.

Even then they don't do much with their time travel besides using it to solve the current problem.

The only Links that would qualify are MM and OoA Link and only with gear they are lent for those adventures.

Even then they don't do much with their time travel besides using it to solve the current problem.
MM is trash so idc but in ocarina of ti

MM and OOT never actually prepared. They just were forced to Time Travel to do what they needed to.

MM and OOT never actually prepared. They just were forced to Time Travel to do what they needed to.
I'm sure it still technically counts as preparation, its something Link would do in character

I forgot to mention BOTW is technically prep time as well, dialogue implies Link goes through shrines to train himself

I'm sure it still technically counts as preparation, its something Link would do in character

I forgot to mention BOTW is technically prep time as well, dialogue implies Link goes through shrines to train himself
In character he hardly do anything but go to where he is asked to.

BoTW is more arguable though. Even if training and prep are different.

Yeah none of the time travelling Links should qualify for preparation. BOTW Link maybe can get it but I'm not sure if training could count as prep, otherwise we'd be giving most shonen characters prep because of how often they train.

The shrines don't train Link really. They just give amp him going by Hylia's dialogue and he has an upper limit since Link will explode if you attempt to give him more stamina/health after reaching max for both.

Back