• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Dark Souls Downgrades 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my previous downgrade thread was closed by a random moderator because it was a mess, and I must say that I agree, but this debate is far from over.

No one has posted scans of what I asked for, the thread could not go anywhere because those who claimed the positive did not provide proof and we were debating about feats that do not exist.

I honestly don't care how much the tiereing and the feats are defended by the wiki, I want to see legit proof of the feats that put them on this level (mainly 4-C). And if scans are not posted I am free to believe that these claims are false. Defending these statements with headcannon is not something I am prepared to believe in, I have went through the discussion threads where these upgrades were excepted and I saw nothing but claims with no proof.

Firstly for the Stellar tiering

I will repeat this again and name reasons why this feat can't be used.

1.) It's an obvious Outlier. No one has shown anything on the level they are at, most characters are far weaker, the dragons would have been wiped out easily by a single lord if this was true. The lords had to gang up on the dragons to stand a chance.

2) Nothing in the lore ever states or backs it. There really isn't anything that supports this, never has the sun been mentioned in the same sentence as the first flame. it's never been said the power of the soul is transported into the sun, it's never been said the flame equals the sun, it's never been said they fuel the sun, it's been said they fuel the flame, and this way light remains present, this does not mean power is directly delivered to the sun, or the flame being equally demanding to be kept alive as the sun. All these claims have no proof. And please refrain from using "we should downgrade most verses on the wiki because of the OP's logic"

Firstly I never suggested anything like that, I am amazed that none realized that I was talking about the lack of proof. The verse simply doesn't have enough proof for anything of that caliber to be accepted.

3) having power does not equal to outputting power. Just because some are stronger than others doesn't mean they can be wanked to this extent. Creating a sun or destroying it is a 4-C feat, not keeping it alive. but like I said, this shouldn't even be considered because the feat is a headcannon outlier.

Now for the Storm feat

You all claimed that dragging clouds requires energy, and I agree, lets say it does.

But this is feat has nothing to do with destruction. the storm was dragged right into the middle of Archdragon peak. that much power is bound to destroy a lot when you have a building on a large hill and country leveling force. Archdragon peak alone should be leveled to the ground, and even mountains around should suffer considerable amount of damage. saying this is a destructive feat without showing any actual destruction when used on something so inferior is literally defying logic to wank a feat. Say it requires a lot of force, it does it's alright. say it can't destroy anything but is still accounted is just ********.

Alduin coated Sovngarde in dark clouds and he can't destroy the entirety of it, Dovahkiin can clear clouds from the sky and this feat isn't ever shown to have any destructive potency on anything. Like I said it's just weather manipulation.

I also forgot, this feat seems to be an Association fallacy with no proof yet again. just becasue the stormdrake is related to the storm doesn't mean the stormdrake summoned it. hell, the storm came befroe the drake so it's even more unlikely to be done by him. the possibility the bell did it can't be overlook, and unless there is a scan saying otherwise, accepted headcannon can't beapplied here.

But theres more

Since the stellar feat wouldn't be legit, the storm feat also becomes an outlier becuase lords who are superior to the drakes would have no feats comparable to it.

In the end there are no scans that can soldify this tiering system of DS. If you show me legit scans I will gladly debate this furtherly, if not, I have no obligation to act according ot their profiles.

The choice is yours

Again? The last thread was closed because no one agreed with you, and your arguments were debunked. So why did you go and built another thread with the exact same arguments, selling yourself as an injustly treated truth-bringer?

Hmm unless you're bringing more evidence for this I can't say I'm convinced (I'm neutral on the star stuff tho I do think there is a downgrade in order thanks to the storm revisions that might go through)

"Say it can't destroy anything but is still accounted is just ********".

Do you have to speak like this?

Ahahahahahahahahahahagahsgcfcsdbdcbfdggft..........this thing again. They were debunked, every single one of it. Goddamit.

"The lords had to gang up on them to stand a chance" Havel and Ornstein alone killed hundreds, and Seethe slaughtered hundreds despite not even having their scales. Also it's not an outlier because Gwyn is far stronger than all the other lords combined and everything else in dark souls 1.

Outliers are often used to make clear what feats don't make sense in context. I only skimmed, but the comment about how the storm feats would be outliers because they have nothing comparable to it, to me, is improper procedure. I might be misinterpreting, but trying to gauge outliers by pure consistency is risky business.

I'm going to be honest, the only thing that ever really bothered me was the massive power difference between the Everlasting Dragons and the Lords.

As for the King of the Storm, I suppose his name serves as a key reason as to why it's assumed that he created the storm. I'm honestly neutral on this particular part of the discussion.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Again? The last thread was closed because no one agreed with you, and your arguments were debunked. So why did you go and built another thread with the exact same arguments, selling yourself as an injustly treated truth-bringer?
how do I prove a negative huh? you're the one that needs to post scans I dont' care about whats been decided, so far I haven't seen a single proof of anything, you can say anything you want it doesn't make a difference.

Hellbeast1 said:
Hmm unless you're bringing more evidence for this I can't say I'm convinced (I'm neutral on the star stuff tho I do think there is a downgrade in order thanks to the storm revisions that might go through)
Why do I need more proof? that's hella ********, I'm not the one claiming the positive, they should be the one brining in scans to prove I'm wrong.

Reinhardthrowhisspear said:
Ahahahahahahahahahahagahsgcfcsdbdcbfdggft..........this thing again. They were debunked, every single one of it. Goddamit.
says the guy I fodorizzed casually because you knew jack shit about the lore.

Amexim said:
Outliers are often used to make clear what feats don't make sense in context. I only skimmed, but the comment about how the storm feats would be outliers because they have nothing comparable to it, to me, is improper procedure. I might be misinterpreting, but trying to gauge outliers by pure consistency is risky business.
Allright, name one other feat that is comparable to the storm and to the sun fueling-

WeeklyBattles said:
This again...
yes this again, I still want my scans. Is that so hard to comprehend.

Go to youtube, type the part where this said feat occurred, screenshot that it and voila, that's how you provide a scan.

That's literally all I asked for.

Plz report this guy. Disrespectful as hell. I have my own problems with this scaling, and storm AP in general, but this guy is a dick.

I already know the sun stops giving light/disappears it doesn't matter, I appreciate the effort but this is not what I asked for and it doesn't change the situation.

I asked for a scan that says the lords directly power the sun, and a scan that states the sun equals the flame.

Amexim said:
Plz report this guy. Disrespectful as hell. I have my own problems with this scaling, and storm AP in general, but this guy is a dick.
This is the internet, you can't possibly expect everyone to shit glitter and smile all day. I am nice to those that don't screw with me.

I agree, you can't expect people to be smart or act mature either.

You're proof of that.

The Everlasting said:
The very fact that the sun dies when the First Flame does isn't enough for you?
no, actually not. because powering a sun isn't the same as powering something that keeps it alive somehow, makes a big difference.

Please guys, let's not deride each other. Not only the community must be polite and thoughtful of each other, but that is disgraceful to the nature of debating.

Gargoyle One said:
I agree, you can't expect people to be smart or act mature either.

You're proof of that.
And you waste my time with pointless nuisance... Thanks

WeeklyBattles said:
This again...
This.

Unless there's something else to discuss, lift your hand to the screen and say...

Hakai.

@Gargoyle

Yes. Still no reason to do that.

When someone's disrespectful to you, you aren't supposed to be disrespectful back at the person.

In any case, I heavily disagree with Dark Souls' downgrades.

I really don't understand what the problem is. All I asked for is original proof of everything these profiles stand for, how am I the degenerate here?

if you claim something then you must be able to prove it with a solid material, not just say it and expect everyone will believe it.

Unholy Bindings said:
The Everlasting said:
The very fact that the sun dies when the First Flame does isn't enough for you?
no, actually not. because powering a sun isn't the same as powering something that keeps it alive somehow, makes a big difference.
I don't even know what you're saying.

They keep the sun in existence. That is a feat.

I don't even know what you're saying.

They keep the sun in existence. That is a feat.

Yes they keep it in existence I know. but when have they given their own power to it so that they could keep it in existence?

this is exactly what I was saying, there is no description of how the sun is kept alive other than the first flame remaining lit, there are many possible explanations how the sun could be kept alive.

Unholy Bindings said:
I really don't understand what the problem is. All I asked for is original proof of everything these profiles stand for, how am I the degenerate here?

if you claim something then you must be able to prove it with a solid material, not just say it and expect everyone will believe it.
I mean wasn't the previous thread full of stuff that supported the sun stuff? So couldn't you bring the feats that were presented there and use them here to prove that the sun was just being powered by the first flame instead of existing?

Like if you do that you could bring up good points for your argument against stellar level dark souls and have something to argue about.

Like I said above I'm neutral on stellar stuff for dark souls, it doesn't really change anything for me if there downgraded or not. I'm just throwing out a suggestion here.

I mean wasn't the previous thread full of stuff that supported the sun stuff? So couldn't you bring the feats that were presented there and use them here to prove that the sun was just being powered by the first flame instead of existing?

Like if you do that you could bring up good points for your argument against stellar level dark souls and have something to argue about.

Like I said above I'm neutral on stellar stuff for dark souls, it doesn't really change anything for me if there downgraded or not. I'm just throwing out a suggestion here.

Actually, not a bad idea, thank you for your help, I'll look into it.

@The Everlasting

The Soul King maintains the 3 worlds of Bleach with his existence, he dies, the worlds die. We don't except that.

Isn't this the same?. The Lords keep the first flame alive, the Lords leave their thrones, the first flame dies and thus a chain reaction, the sun dies.

If it's different it should be explained for those who don't know. I don't go deep into the lore of DS so I can't say who's right or wrong. I simply would like to understand the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back